Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

13 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Keogh, Hanley, Morrison all average and we could do much better. Ayala on the other hand is one I would definitely look to get in - very good centre back assuming he stays fit. 

As for the rest of the team, we need pace out wide, height in the middle and somebody who can get good quality crosses in off either foot. 

Beats me who we can aim for..

What we need is another JJ or Antonio on the wing but difficult to think who's out there. Maybe Ollie Watkins from Exeter would be the person but I expect he'll end up at a Bristol city, and then be sold for huge profits in a season or two 

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Who would you want then? realistically speaking. Surely Ayala must stir a bit of interest from you.

Not really. Tbh, not sure. If finances allow it, Roberts from Barnsley. And there is a potential future resale value their as well. 

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not really. Tbh, not sure. If finances allow it, Roberts from Barnsley. And there is a potential future resale value their as well. 

And I forgot to mention that I'm fairly sure Roberts comes from a Wednesday supporting family. 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

And I forgot to mention that I'm fairly sure Roberts comes from a Wednesday supporting family. 

What are the chances of Barnsley doing business with us on it though without adding a zero to the price tag.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What are the chances of Barnsley doing business with us on it though without adding a zero to the price tag.

That is fine. Start the bidding at £100,000. 

Job done. It's more than 12 so they won't be able to count fingers to see what we did...

Guest Arnold
1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Where has this Ayala link even come from?

It got mentioned on here and then everyone has ran with it.

Radio sheffield. They reported our interest in him and Hanley. 

I think we need to be very careful about the average age of our squad.  That is the one thing that puts me off Keogh.

If we don't go up and eventually come up against FFP or Chansiri decides not to put any more money in we don't want to be left with an aging squad on long contracts.

The thing I really like about Keogh is his leadership.  He's one of those that you hate when he plays against you.  He's always pulling team mates into the right positions, he's always getting under the skin of opposition players and he is always putting pressure the referee.  We are definitely lacking in these qualities as a team.  He is also more comfortable on the ball than Loovens or Lees which would seem to suit the style Carlos is looking for.

No way I would pay big money for a 31 year old centre half though.  If he's available for £1m then fair enough.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I really like Roberts but I think Barnsley are expecting crazy money for him.

Always a risk how a player will adapt when suddenly going to a club with huge expectation.

Could be brilliant but safer bets available in my opinion.

Unless Barnsley would accept sub £3m, but i doubt it......

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think we need to be very careful about the average age of our squad.  That is the one thing that puts me off Keogh.

If we don't go up and eventually come up against FFP or Chansiri decides not to put any more money in we don't want to be left with an aging squad on long contracts.

The thing I really like about Keogh is his leadership.  He's one of those that you hate when he plays against you.  He's always pulling team mates into the right positions, he's always getting under the skin of opposition players and he is always putting pressure the referee.  We are definitely lacking in these qualities as a team.  He is also more comfortable on the ball than Loovens or Lees which would seem to suit the style Carlos is looking for.

No way I would pay big money for a 31 year old centre half though.  If he's available for £1m then fair enough.

Hopefully he would shout at Pudil then not to be caught out of position everytime he is up against a half decent tricky winger.

lol

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Agreed. Keogh would make sense for the right price. The £3m+ reported is too strong for my liking. For 2mil, I'd say fair enough do it. 

Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp is looking to follow up the David Stockdale signing with a swoop for in-demand John Terry.

Blues are the third West Midlands club to register an interest in the former England and Chelsea skipper with Aston Villa and West Brom both trying to persuade Terry to move to the Second City.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Hopefully lol

I think Pudil is sound as a pound unless he is up against pace.  He then becomes an absolute liability.

Knockaert is not exactly blessed with emense pace and he went round Pudil so many times it probably gave him vertigo.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp is looking to follow up the David Stockdale signing with a swoop for in-demand John Terry.

Blues are the third West Midlands club to register an interest in the former England and Chelsea skipper with Aston Villa and West Brom both trying to persuade Terry to move to the Second City.

Terry must be having a right laugh somewhere at some of these clubs chasing him.