Adam reach

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

All he's done for two matches is lose the ball, contributes nothing in the final third, complete waste of money!

Harsh, but completely true.

Seems like the posh new breed, coming from the academy system.

Nice & neat & tidy, but with no heart or competitive grit.

4 hours ago, Owlbert Einstein said:

Completely agree about Reach, I've never seen such a slow player, But surely you can't question the signing of Rhodes, I'd say 90% of the Championship would of taken him given his record. Fair enough he's not lived up to expectations yet, but surely in the long run he will get goals, if given decent service. 

to get the service tactics have to change to suite him, reach is ordinary and a squad player at best, needs to go somewhere like Rotherham, hope our signings this year make more sense and have some substance, i feel like we are a club keeping average players on the gravy train, sure DC will see the light

Reach is a poor crosser of the ball and is not a clinical goalscorer. There were a couple of times last night where he was in a very dangerous position, to his credit, but then produced awful centres.TBF he tries hard and often makes himself available in a game. He cost a lot of money but surely the blame for that must lie with the management/scouting team who targeted him and the people who valued him as being worth that much.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Been away???

As on hols away, as not heard from you a while.

Edited by bigthinrob

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I actually disagree with the heart and grit about Reach. I would never question his work ethic and he does a job defensively which is probably why Carlos plays him, but your £5m winger best attribute should not be his defensive qualities.

6 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Last night I thought he was truly awful.

Lost of time again his crossing was to.a standard of league 2 and time after time he seemed to duck out of 50 50s.

He cost us a cool 5 million and for me the biggest waste of money .

With Rhodes also costing 10 million you have really got to wonder who sanctioned these signings. 

Is Reach last nights fall guy then ? Ok 

I just wasnt sure who the wrist slitters were going to pick on in the absence of big Dave , the usual target. 

Wagner brings Quarner on, tears Pudil to pieces. Reach is then moved back Quarner is nullified. Reach gets the assist for Fletcher. Think he did more last night than one or two others. Not his fault we pay stupid fees for players..

If people want us to go up, we need to be a better team.

If people want us to be a better team, we need to have better players.

There's no point in being precious about it, we need to be better next season as another play off campaign will be a failure. Reach, Wallace, Hunt and Pudil have not shown enough to suggest they are good enough to push us to where we need to be. 

I'm sure they're talented footballers, and they'll have a role in the squad, but they aren't good enough to take us to where we need to be. 

35 minutes ago, Random Task said:

If people want us to go up, we need to be a better team.

If people want us to be a better team, we need to have better players.

There's no point in being precious about it, we need to be better next season as another play off campaign will be a failure. Reach, Wallace, Hunt and Pudil have not shown enough to suggest they are good enough to push us to where we need to be. 

I'm sure they're talented footballers, and they'll have a role in the squad, but they aren't good enough to take us to where we need to be. 

unfair on wallace and hunt, who I feel are both good enough to have in the squad

reach I am undecided on, but I do feel is unfairly criticised 

Pudil can go 

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Wagner brings Quarner on, tears Pudil to pieces. Reach is then moved back Quarner is nullified. Reach gets the assist for Fletcher. Think he did more last night than one or two others. Not his fault we pay stupid fees for players..

Bannan got the assist for Fletcher. 

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

unfair on wallace and hunt, who I feel are both good enough to have in the squad

reach I am undecided on, but I do feel is unfairly criticised 

Pudil can go 

They should have a place in the squad for sure, but as for the first team, I don't think they are anywhere near the level we need to be where we need to be. 

Next season we need to be in the top 2. Do you really think Wallace is good enough to get us there? Or Hunt? Or Reach? All are steady but nowhere near good enough to get us to that level.

Hunt has got 1 or 2 assists in 2 years - that's abysmal. Wallace might crop up with something but not consistently enough to 1. rely on to create something for us or 2. unsettle the opposition defenders enough to create opportunities for someone else. Reach... well... tell me what he offers.

We need to be better, so we need to have better players. Those are the 4 stand out areas for improvement for me. You don't improve by staying the same.

Edited by Random Task

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Is Reach last nights fall guy then ? Ok 

I just wasnt sure who the wrist slitters were going to pick on in the absence of big Dave , the usual target. 

Look, I don't expect everyone to agree with me and for what it's worth I'm a big nuhiu fan as well, but I just feel reach isn't that effective and with a price tag of 5 million he was a record signing at the time.

So before you and others start to feel insulted just because I've criticised a Wednesday player please remember this is a football forum that people agree and disagree with and isnt it great that we do ?

17 hours ago, Owlbert Einstein said:

Completely agree about Reach, I've never seen such a slow player, But surely you can't question the signing of Rhodes, I'd say 90% of the Championship would of taken him given his record. Fair enough he's not lived up to expectations yet, but surely in the long run he will get goals, if given decent service. 

I disagree with you saying you can't argue with the signing of Rhodes 

Many on here, myself included thought signing him for £10m wouldn't be the greatest move. 

His performances so far haven't changed my mind.

As for Reach, he seems to be a bit Jack of all trades master on none type player. Does ok without really doing a lot. £5m is almost extortion!

We have such a light weight midfield...Wallace is 4' 8''

Lee 5'2''

Sam 5'5''

Bannan 6' 2''

Reach 5' 3''

ok FF makes the average up when he drops back in at a towering 6' 4''

None are very strong though. 

I hope that, given a full season, Reach can live up to his price tag and show us what he can do.

At the minute, I’m struggling to see his potential. It’s like Carlos (or whoever is in charge of recruitment) has a set mould of what a winger should be like.

Top priority for me would be to sign at least one pacey winger. It gives us an alternative option and you only have to look at teams like Fulham, Reading and Huddersfield to see their worth.

Technical wingers like Wallace and Reach are nice to have, but a winger with pace and acceleration, enough to get the ball past the defender to deliver a crucial cross, is what we are crying out for. 

Regardless of your view on Reach and Rhodes they did not cost £5m and £10m respectively. The fees were £3.6m and £6.8m

As for Reach as a player. I seem to recall him been our best player away at Barnsley not so long ago and his versatility is a valuable asset to the squad. He’s young enough to get better too. He’s not always been great granted but he’s nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here.

I know that we are all massively disappointed. 

I know that we are all terribly

Frustrated. 

But singling out individual members of the team for this kind of criticism is just not on !

Let's show some respect !

Lets all pull together and go for "the automatics" next season !

WAWAW .                                UTO.