Adam reach

19 hours ago, james o connor said:

Reach's biggest problem is he's missing a backbone. He pulls out of tackles & headers hes clearly favorite for and for a big lad is really weak. He has the ability but it astounds me Callum Mcmanaman wasnt given more of a chance. We were crying out for a tricky winger last night and it cost us. 

He pulled out of a header in the first leg. Think it was Wallace stood a great ball up to back and Reach ambled towards it with no conviction what so ever and let the full back get in front away and head away virtually unchallenged.

The guy is waste of space. I've been saying it all season. 

19 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

He did get an assist last night and while I don't rate him he doesn't fit  the system and that's not his fault.

If given the choice of having a free roaming option on the left you'd have to be mad to choose Reach over FF and the thought of messing about and loosing Nando to accommodate Reach makes my blood boil.

Was it for them?

20 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Last night I thought he was truly awful.

Lost of time again his crossing was to.a standard of league 2 and time after time he seemed to duck out of 50 50s.

He cost us a cool 5 million and for me the biggest waste of money .

With Rhodes also costing 10 million you have really got to wonder who sanctioned these signings. 

If cc is to remain manager then i agree that these two were a waste of money.

Get rid of CC and that position will change rapidly with these two flourishing.

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I'm sure they would but only 1% would pay £10M

Carlos on record as saying significantly short of £10m. £10m does have a certain ring to it though!

One rumour is £2m a year for 4 years. Just my opinion but given the right service/tactics he'll prove to be a bargain at that next season.

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Carlos on record as saying significantly short of £10m. £10m does have a certain ring to it though!

One rumour is £2m a year for 4 years. Just my opinion but given the right service/tactics he'll prove to be a bargain at that next season.

£8 - £10M? Just going on the beeb...' The 26-year-old will join Wednesday on a permanent transfer in the summer for a fee believed to be £10m'

Anyhow whatever.

Can't argue 'right service/tactics'..that may depend on who's in charge. If CC stays can't see him changing style to play to Rhodes strengths. Just find the whole saga really strange did Carlos want to buy him?..really

7 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

but a winger with pace and acceleration, enough to get the ball past the defender to deliver a crucial cross, is what we are crying out for. 

You might be wrong. If we get a pacy winger we might get worse. 

At 5m you want more than just work rate, it's not the lads fault but you can understand the doubters, he's none existent going forward, creates nothing.

Especially when FF did so much out there last season and he's stood up top getting pushed all over and hardly touching the ball.

Rhodes and Winnall sat on the bench, none of it makes any sense to me.

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He took the wrong option all first half, got into crossing positions in the second and overhit it all the time...He does do an extraordinary amount of running, but theres not a lot of end product, maybe he will kick on next season

One of our prize assets and weapons last season was FF cutting in off the left hand side, completely lost that threat through choice this season.

FF is rated so highly because of what he did out there.

Up top he's very ordinary, I feel we have better options.

Basically, what I'm saying is get FF out on the left or sell him.

Lee Bullen, get around Adam Reach and get him defending, potentially a very strong left back.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday