Atmosphere Wednesday night

Just now, Lees Tom Cat said:

Some lucky punter is going to have to sit next to this barrel of laughs for 90 minutes. Good luck with that lol

Haha don't worry pal on the day I'll be jumping and singing til my voice goes. It's just nerves, that's all.

I swing between terror and unshakeable optimism several times a day...

Whether we win or lose I'll be showing my support don't you worry.

36 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yep. Let's all stop this positivity about what could be the best few weeks to be an owl in decades

If you let success define you, you are really just setting yourself up for failure.

Expect the worse, appreciate the best.

Take nothing for granted.

I'm here all week.

Ill also be in the ground on Sunday singing my heart out for the lads.

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'd be happy with a draw on Sunday because with the atmosphere we have the potential of creating it should feel like an impossible task for Udders to get anything at Hillsborough.

Hope the place is bouncing!

Cant say i would be happy with a draw, we have to go there and hope to come back to Hillsborough with a lead - we need to go into the final full of confidence.

Just now, Spookone said:

Cant say i would be happy with a draw, we have to go there and hope to come back to Hillsborough with a lead - we need to go into the final full of confidence.

Would obviously prefer a win but certainly wouldn't moan if we drew. Still a strong position for the 2nd leg at a sold out Hillsborough.

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Switch it round the other way, I think Udds would hate coming to S6 knowing they need to win the game to get to Wembley. 

I really think we'll see them go for it on Sunday in an attempt to bring a lead to S6 on Wednesday night.. We need to keep it tight for the first 20, get the crowd restless then BAM - goals, goals goals.

I hope if we get through we don't make a massive fuss like away at Brighton last year. A quick clap and back down the tunnel with a job still to do.

That's not me being a spoil sport, but last year we acted like we had already gone up after that 2nd leg.

i'll be buzzing, but beating Huddersfield is just stage 1 complete for me. Serious heads on.

32 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I hope if we get through we don't make a massive fuss like away at Brighton last year. A quick clap and back down the tunnel with a job still to do.

That's not me being a spoil sport, but last year we acted like we had already gone up after that 2nd leg.

i'll be buzzing, but beating Huddersfield is just stage 1 complete for me. Serious heads on.

Totally agree. It's okay for the fans to celebrate like mad but I hope that this time the players don't.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I worry about our atmosphere . As with a lot of grounds its becoming a more sit in silence friendly environment which i hate. hopefully it will be a cauldron of noise. I for one wont be sitting there in silence whatever is happening on the pitch  

Not sure i understand this!!

Whenever the fans have been called upon they've come up with the goods, certainly at key times.

Think this was brought up in a previous thread about atmosphere, where people seen to confuse genuine atmosphere, where there are peaks & troughs, with the continuous bang bang, thump thump, clack clack and choreographed non stop default droning of the likes of Palarse & Leicester et al.

When Hillsborough is rocking it is as good if not better than any ground in the country.

It will be awesome.  

I'm in a bit of a dilemna because normally I would be bouncing around like a good 'un. However there is a very interesting programme on BBC4 on Wednesday night at 8pm presented by the architectural historian Dr Olivia Horsfall Turner, who will be looking at two of the most radical civil engineering projects proposed in the last century. So I will probobably sit there watching this on my phone with my headphones in.

I know someone will give me a nudge if owt is happening and then I can watch the reply on the big screen. I'm savin' mi sen for Wembley like.

3 hours ago, markg said:

We should moan, boo or keep silent I think. This is what the players have been used to for most of the season so it might affect their performance if we suddenly change.

Does this mean we need to appoint someone to call Bannan a w*nker?

Edited by t'owl