Play offs - who do we want?

Don't care. I've said all season we're better than any of the other teams in the play off spots and would beat any of them. The problem has always been finishing in the top 6. I think we're there now, I stand by what I say. Doesn't matter who we play, I'm convinced it's our year.

I believe we can beat anyone and if we can take full points from our last two games we will probably finish 3rd. 

Reading and Udders are not flying like us and Fulham so if we make it I'd like to play either of them at Wembley. 

We have a real chance now and have a strong, strong squad - as long as our manager can make our players believe they are invincible we WILL beat anyone. WAWAW

Huddersfield - Would make a good game of football, but with a risk that both teams pass the ball about a lot without creating many chances. If a semi final the first leg especially would be cagey. We have a very strong record against them, but as we've seen recently, that doesn't count for a lot. They have a shallow squad so fatigue might be a factor.

Reading - Haven't seen much of them. Obviously they did the double over us but I get the impression the wheels are starting to come off, not helped by injuries, off-pitch distractions and they don't have much playoff experience having been in a relegation battle for most of their past few seasons. In a similar situation to us last season as I don't think they seriously thought about being in the Prem, which could be a good or a bad thing.

Fulham - The entertainers, lots of goals in the team but a weak defence. Beat Hudders 9-1 of aggregate so if they bring that kind of form they would expect (as do we) they can beat anyone in the league over 2 legs.

Leeds - Avoid. If they squeeze in to the playoffs having apparently blown it will feel like a victory and they will be relish the role of being spoilers. Expect 9 men behind the ball and them to be tough to break down. Lots of teams have tried to do this to us this season but few with as good a striker as Wood. The worst team but the one I'd least like to face.

So my choice would be Reading in the semi finals, as I think over 2 games they've got one 30 minute spell of disarray in them where we could plunder 2 or 3 goals and then Fulham in the final - would be good to see two of the best footballing teams in the division go head to head at Wembley and make for a much more open game than last year. Too many of our visits to Wembley in my lifetime have been against teams attempting to spoil the game so would be good to have a more exciting open match.

7 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'd like us to avoid Reading and Leeds. Both disciplined, organised, physical teams, and as results this season have shown, we struggle against them. 

Huddersfield and Fulham are more expansive footballing teams and I always fancy our chances more against those types of teams.

Spot on. It's not the quality of the team which causes us problems, it's the type. We'd have a better chance against Newcastle in the semis than Burton.