Leeds the team to crack first?

Just now, just visiting said:

Moving the posts a bit there mate.

I've been referring my answers to your post that said " Wood don't score, they don't win". Which is clearly not the case.

Then you said we rely on one players goals for 60% of our points. Which is clearly not the case.

Now your asking me if we could have done without him. Which is clearly not the case.

Shall we move on?

You can't have it all ways.

You've got one of the most prolific strikers in the championship.

Yet you reference a couple of games where others have chipped in...

Looks like you'd be a looong way from the playoffs without him.

9 hours ago, handworth52 said:

exactly that's what most folks don't realise ,I cant stand leeds but I'm pretty sure they will easily see off Norwich and wigan .we have got to beat Ipswich , the way Fulham are playing at minute they will be big favs to beat us ,they seem to be scoring for fun and fancy themselves to beat anyone ,either Norwich turn up and get a result at leeds  or we beat Ipswich. id be a nervous wreck if we had to beat Fulham . Ipswich beat us 2-1 earlier in season we need to play much better than we did that day and keep an eye on that tom Lawrence .

Why are they big favs to beat us? Whose top of the form league? Whose at home with a sell out crowd?Who love teams to come at us?

9 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You can't have it all ways.

You've got one of the most prolific strikers in the championship. -

Yet you reference a couple of games where others have chipped in...

Looks like you'd be a looong way from the playoffs without him.

.Evidence right there that people can get tired of thinking.

11 hours ago, handworth52 said:

the way Fulham are playing at minute they will be big favs to beat us

Big Faves to beat us at home???

We'be taken more points from the last 5 games then Fulham you know and over the last 10 games we are level on points

We've lost 7 Home Games out the past 45 in the league under Carvalhal

Can we lose to them? Of course we can but no team in this league comes to our patch as Big Faves to beat us I don't care how many in a row they've won.

Add in the fact they may allready be in the playoffs and turn up not wanting to tip there hand in terms of tactics and end up resting some players

We will start as Faves in the game no matter what the situation is in my mind anyway.

Leeds have had a good season and Monk in particular has shown that he does have the makings of a good manager. I expect them to beat Norwich on Saturday but whether it'll be enough to keep them in the play-off picture remains to be seen?

Why are some on here sh!t scared of Fulham. We are a bloody good team on our day, just ask Newcastle and Norwich, and we like playing teams that play football which Fulham do. IIRC we were unlucky to only get a draw at theirs. Maybe, just maybe, they are sh!t scared of coming here needing a result/

13 hours ago, handworth52 said:

exactly that's what most folks don't realise ,I cant stand leeds but I'm pretty sure they will easily see off Norwich and wigan .we have got to beat Ipswich , the way Fulham are playing at minute they will be big favs to beat us ,they seem to be scoring for fun and fancy themselves to beat anyone ,either Norwich turn up and get a result at leeds  or we beat Ipswich. id be a nervous wreck if we had to beat Fulham . Ipswich beat us 2-1 earlier in season we need to play much better than we did that day and keep an eye on that tom Lawrence .

I've watched a couple of Fulham games recently and they're a decent side but nothing to be scared of.

A lot of their success has come through two routes in my opinion: Scott Malone overlapping at fullback and the fact they have a dynamic attacking line. If we can nullify Malone, whether it be through perhaps Adam Reach playing out there and tracking him back or Liam Palmer coming in and shoring the defence up, a lot of their dangerous balls into the box can be stopped. On top of that, if we take Cairney out of the game, a lot of the supply to Aluko can be taken out. Straight away, there's two tactical elements to Fulham's game that a lot of teams have struggled with that we can nullify.

It sounds arrogant of me to say, but Fulham really shouldn't be feared. In my opinion, assuming we do finish top 6, we go into the playoffs as favourites. We have an outstanding attacking frontline, our two best players returning from injury, we're bang in form and the third best defence in the league. Looking at the Fulham team, I'd take Cairney and that's it. 

I know we as a group of supporters have a tendency to feel negative, but we really shouldn't be in this circumstance. We're in a better position this year than we were last, not even needing to pick up three points to finish top 6, and we actually have the possibility of coming third. Fulham may 'fancy' their chances against us, but that means nothing. If we turn up and play as we can do, we win and that's it. 

My best mate is a Leeds fan and I have been copping pelters off him all season. Especially when they have beaten us and been above us by more and more points.

All I have ever responded with is - "It is a Marathon."

Since they have gone backwards I have not given him any bobbar at all, because it ain't over until it's over.

Best to keep it shut, I think, until there is something definitely in the bag.

He has gone very quiet now by the way.

2 hours ago, MOwl said:

I've watched a couple of Fulham games recently and they're a decent side but nothing to be scared of.

A lot of their success has come through two routes in my opinion: Scott Malone overlapping at fullback and the fact they have a dynamic attacking line. If we can nullify Malone, whether it be through perhaps Adam Reach playing out there and tracking him back or Liam Palmer coming in and shoring the defence up, a lot of their dangerous balls into the box can be stopped. On top of that, if we take Cairney out of the game, a lot of the supply to Aluko can be taken out. Straight away, there's two tactical elements to Fulham's game that a lot of teams have struggled with that we can nullify.

It sounds arrogant of me to say, but Fulham really shouldn't be feared. In my opinion, assuming we do finish top 6, we go into the playoffs as favourites. We have an outstanding attacking frontline, our two best players returning from injury, we're bang in form and the third best defence in the league. Looking at the Fulham team, I'd take Cairney and that's it. 

I know we as a group of supporters have a tendency to feel negative, but we really shouldn't be in this circumstance. We're in a better position this year than we were last, not even needing to pick up three points to finish top 6, and we actually have the possibility of coming third. Fulham may 'fancy' their chances against us, but that means nothing. If we turn up and play as we can do, we win and that's it. 

Our last four against Fulham have been three wins and a draw, thou their last minute equaliser.

We have won five out of five.

Respect Fulham of course, but no need whatsoever to fear them.

But neither would I set up specifically to counter their threats. We have plenty of threats and should not water them down.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our last four against Fulham have been three wins and a draw, thou their last minute equaliser.

But neither would I set up specifically to counter their threats. We have plenty of threats and should not water them down.

I disagree. Teams in the play-offs are there because they're good teams. Setting your team up simply to use your positives would be naive, and leave us vulnerable to an attacking threat as good as Fulham. Huddersfield tried to do that at the weekend and got dominated. 

We can express ourselves, especially at home, but in a controlled manner that attempts to nullify the main threats that Fulham possess.

5 hours ago, leeowls87 said:

Big Faves to beat us at home???

We'be taken more points from the last 5 games then Fulham you know and over the last 10 games we are level on points

We've lost 7 Home Games out the past 45 in the league under Carvalhal

Can we lose to them? Of course we can but no team in this league comes to our patch as Big Faves to beat us I don't care how many in a row they've won.

Add in the fact they may allready be in the playoffs and turn up not wanting to tip there hand in terms of tactics and end up resting some players

We will start as Faves in the game no matter what the situation is in my mind anyway.

Agreed. I relish the idea that someone will be brave enough to actually attack us at Hillsborough. Could mean that Fulham may come really unstuck if this was the scenario.

1 minute ago, MOwl said:

I disagree. Teams in the play-offs are there because they're good teams. Setting your team up simply to use your positives would be naive, and leave us vulnerable to an attacking threat as good as Fulham. Huddersfield tried to do that at the weekend and got dominated. 

We can express ourselves, especially at home, but in a controlled manner that attempts to nullify the main threats that Fulham possess.

Im not advocating gung-ho ignoring of their strengths.

But it has to be balanced. 

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I don't care if we won our last 10 against Fulham ,at the minute Fulham are the best team in this division they have ripped to shreds Newcastle and hudderfield,norwich away from home ,if they were to play brighton they would beat them too , my point is lets beat Ipswich lets not even think about Fulham ,if we got them in final I think we would have a much better chance of beating them at Wembley .we have done fantastic to win 5 in a row but all have been tight games Fulham have scored twice as many goals as us since mid feb.  I want the playoffs sorted on Saturday ,we cant rely on dirty leeds ,we have to expect they will see off Norwich and relegated wigan ,so even a draw wont be of much use as leeds will have a slightly better goal difference.we are 1/33 to make playoffs but id say its more like 1/2 as we have not beaten mick mccarthys team in years and the way Fulham are flying . lets end our last hoodoo and smash that McCarthy

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I don't care if we won our last 10 against Fulham ,at the minute Fulham are the best team in this division they have ripped to shreds Newcastle and hudderfield,norwich away from home ,if they were to play brighton they would beat them too , my point is lets beat Ipswich lets not even think about Fulham ,if we got them in final I think we would have a much better chance of beating them at Wembley .we have done fantastic to win 5 in a row but all have been tight games Fulham have scored twice as many goals as us since mid feb.  I want the playoffs sorted on Saturday ,we cant rely on dirty leeds ,we have to expect they will see off Norwich and relegated wigan ,so even a draw wont be of much use as leeds will have a slightly better goal difference.we are 1/33 to make playoffs but id say its more like 1/2 as we have not beaten mick mccarthys team in years and the way Fulham are flying . lets end our last hoodoo and smash that McCarthy

fulham are on form but so are we. i think you rate them too highly, they wont be favourites against us,neither in the league or if we play them in the play offs

Bottom line, if we can't sort out Fulham at home or Ipswich we will struggle to stay in the Premiership. Two draws will be enough so we don't even need to win.

As for Leeds, why are people so convinced they'll beat Norwich when they have just lost to Wolves and Burton and were very, very lucky to get a draw at Newcastle after being totally outplayed? They are playing poorly according to reports and must be low on confidence. They needed to get a result at Burton, they didn't! Had we done the same as Leeds OT would have been in meltdown.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Christ your on a big downer, Fulham aren't Barcelona, and they have lost and drawn matches recently as well as winning them, bit like us really.

And what possible relationship is there to us not beating Fulham and then getting relegated even if we do up?

If we go up I think we have a different team than the one we have now

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away