Leeds the team to crack first?

1 minute ago, LoOkOut said:

Sure gd was involved on that last day .

Technically speaking, we went down on gd but if we'd only lost 1-0 our gd would have been the same as Luton's (as they only won by one goal). We would have been relegated by scoring fewer goals.

I'm still traumatised by that day so I don't know why I'm discussing this. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Yes but in fairness Monk has been given time

Irvine has got off to a decent start ..he often does, but it falls off pretty quickly. 

There is alo no pressure on him at Norwich at the moment and with that added in I still fancy Leeds to win.

Cellino maybe learning his lesson - we'll see 

Cellino's been banned for most of the season, hasn't he? The league couldn't have done Lids a bigger favour if they'd tried. 

Edited by WC1Owl

36 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

Cellino's been banned for most of the season, hasn't he? The league couldn't have done Lids a bigger favour if they'd tried. 

He could still sack the manager if he really wanted to.  

Pretty sure a man of his temperament could find a way...

Or perhaps he's realised he has a decent manager in charge and has decided to let him get on with things.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

6 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He could still sack the manager if he really wanted to.  

Pretty sure a man of his temperament could find a way...

Or perhaps he's realised he has a decent manager in charge and has decided to let him get on with things.

This is undoubtedly true. And I don't know anything about the Cellino/Radrizzani relationship.

But Cellino not being at Elland Road regularly must surely be an unequivocal boon to Monk.

12 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

This is undoubtedly true. And I don't know anything about the Cellino/Radrizzani relationship.

But Cellino not being at Elland Road regularly must surely be an unequivocal boon to Monk.

Yes, very likely

Gets a bad rap on these boards but I do rate Monk...clearly has something based on his time at Fulham and limited stint so far at Leeds.

2 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Stop being obsessed with Rotherham, if you think Ipswich away is a walk in the park you're a mug .

Ipswich have lost fewer home games than us this season - just 4. Their problem has been too many draws. But a draw wouldn't be enough for us if we then lost to Fulham, if Leeds win both their games.

7 minutes ago, Sova said:

Ipswich have lost fewer home games than us this season - just 4. Their problem has been too many draws. But a draw wouldn't be enough for us if we then lost to Fulham, if Leeds win both their games.

The above scenario is very much a possibility

A lot of people writing Ipswich off - A mistake IMO

We're breaking all the hoodoos this season, not won at QPR for a long time - Corrected, not beaten Derby for 10 years - Corrected, not won 5 on the trot for 10 years - Corrected now we just have the Ipswich hoodoo to overcome. Believe my friends, believe. UTO WAWAW

54 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Yes, very likely

Gets a bad rap on these boards but I do rate Monk...clearly has something based on his time at Fulham and limited stint so far at Leeds.

Monk has no plan b in my humble opinion , got found out at Swansea and is now getting found out at Leeds, his only game plan is cross it to wood for him to score .

Would not like him here .

Rowett will also get found out at Derby soon too.

On 16/04/2017 at 13:36, just visiting said:

Those teams fighting for their lives are at the bottom for a reason, they've being crap all season. Unlikely they'll turn in play off form now against a team that has been in the top six for most of the season.

If anything I'd be wary of mid table sides with nothing to play for, pressure off, just go play.

Monks no fool and he won't treat any of the next four games differently to one's against the NUFC and Brightons of the division.

And that's why you don't count your Easter chickens before they're out of your chocolate eggs. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Folk saying all we need is a win etc should remember how hard each win can be. 

We're in a decent position but until it's confirmed I'll be keeping little LMC in my pants. 

JV, what's the score with the season ticket refund shenanigans? 

1 minute ago, zico.b said:

Why?

With hindsight, it was arguably one of the best thing that happened to the club. We came back much stronger than we would have been had we stayed up.

But at the time it was one of the most soul destroying days ever especially with the pigs getting promoted with Leeds and replacing us .

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

And that's why you don't count your Easter chickens before they're out of your chocolate eggs. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Folk saying all we need is a win etc should remember how hard each win can be. 

We're in a decent position but until it's confirmed I'll be keeping little LMC in my pants. 

Exactly, anyone making such predictions now is in real danger of making themselves look a right stupid *** like JV has there (once again). 

3 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

At last someone else with good memory.

I mentioned this earlier - far too many people behaving as if it were already in the bag.

Football, like any sport can be bite very hard..

Memory is useless for the run in.

We're not playing spurs.

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

Why?

With hindsight, it was arguably one of the best thing that happened to the club. We came back much stronger than we would have been had we stayed up.

That's last sentence is just conjecture 

We'll never know how we'd have fared if we stayed up.

What can't be denied is we snatched relegation from the jaws of safety that season. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

18 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Never counted my chickens but I would expect a team challenging for promotion to get something from a game against a team fighting relegation and having being at the game, Burton certainly didn't turn in play off form more we awful but to be fair we've been awful for a while now.

We'll probably finish with 76 points minimum which shows real progress for us and Monks done a terrific job season, just to still have something to play for with 44 games gone is a luxury I've not had for ages. Usually the last 8/9 home games are dead rubbers.

Anyways, barring a miracle, its all over this season but, having said that, it really does leave a sour taste, having been in and about the top six for so long, to suddenly surrender our position in such a tepid fashion. A lack of proper investment by the owners being, once again, our Achilles heel.

Not bothered about the refund to be honest, the club could keep the £100+ it if i thought it would go towards player investment.

So, over to you guys. Having had the foresight to see your injury problems easing and a decent set fixtures coming up, before the Cardiff game I took you to be promoted at best odds 9/2 with bet365,  £150 on to comfortably pay for next years season ticket and a little drink as well. So, of course, I'm wishing you good luck in the play offs, not sure you'll need it till you meet Fulham but good luck all the same. 

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Never counted my chickens but I would expect a team challenging for promotion to get something from a game against a team fighting relegation and having being at the game, Burton certainly didn't turn in play off form more we awful but to be fair we've been awful for a while now.

We'll probably finish with 76 points minimum which shows real progress for us and Monks done a terrific job season, just to still have something to play for with 44 games gone is a luxury I've not had for ages. Usually the last 8/9 home games are dead rubbers.

Anyways, barring a miracle, its all over this season but, having said that, it really does leave a sour taste, having been in and about the top six for so long, to suddenly surrender our position in such a tepid fashion. A lack of proper investment by the owners being, once again, our Achilles heel.

Not bothered about the refund to be honest, the club could keep the £100+ it if i thought it would go towards player investment.

So, over to you guys. Having had the foresight to see your injury problems easing and a decent set fixtures coming up, before the Cardiff game I took you to be promoted at best odds 9/2 with bet365,  £150 on to comfortably pay for next years season ticket and a little drink as well. So, of course, I'm wishing you good luck in the play offs, not sure you'll need it till you meet Fulham but good luck all the same. 

unlucky pal always thought Leeds are a good club and deserve to be in the top flight with us

20 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

The above scenario is very much a possibility

A lot of people writing Ipswich off - A mistake IMO

Never write any game off in this league. It's been proved time and time again that anyone can beat anyone on there day