Leeds the team to crack first?

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll be the same person.

It's not about winning or losing.

It's about the likes of you trotting out the same old lazy, a*se covering posts time after time.

Oh get a grip ffs

Its a forum board where people air their opinions and views whether right or wrong.

What it shouldn't be about is wading through the sort of pithy comments from the likes of you, a clear indication you have nothing constructive to add to the debate.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Oh get a grip ffs

Its a forum board where people air their opinions and views whether right or wrong.

What it shouldn't be about is reading the sort of pithy comments from the likes of you, a clear indication you have nothing constructive to add to the debate.

You've done it again.

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Why are people bricking it about playing Fulham?

It's tiresome.

Who's above who here?

I've seen these scoring for fun teams plenty of times before.. we're one of the best defensive teams in the division.

There seems to be a building opinion that they'll score three or four against us.

Bs. The time for fearing the likes of bloody Fulham have gone.

Stop being so bloody wet.

I agree they may be scoring for fun but we've only conceded three times once in the league this season , and that was a nightmare night back in August when we lost half the defence in the first half. 

We will create chances against them and our forwards are better than theirs , I expect a point minimum against them 

Just now, elyowl1 said:

I agree they may be scoring for fun but we've only conceded three times once in the league this season , and that was a nightmare night back in August when we lost half the defence in the first half. 

We will create chances against them and our forwards are better than theirs , I expect a point minimum against them 

That's the spirit Ely.  I don't know if you've heard?

Something wonderful is going to happen.

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Wood's doesn't score, they don't win.. They've been running their luck for weeks and weeks.

JV is right, they need some quality signings.

Not quite true, over a third of our points were achieved in games where Wood didn't score. In fact some of our best performances came when Wood was injured.

Preston away, Wood injured and played three up top, Roofe, Douks and Sacko. Pace and power murdered 'em.

The formation though has proved to be our downfall though imo. It's been very pragmatic and boring to watch for a while now. Monk knew he had the squad punching above their weight and tried to cement a playoff place based on getting our noses in front at ER then relying on a solid defense to hold on, we did that a lot.

Warnock and Lambert knew how to combat it at ER by out numbering our midfielder and stopping the supply to Wood. Both won comfortably.

The fact that Viera, Wood, Jansson, Taylor and possibly Bartley will be strong targets for PL clubs this summer tell me there is quality there but not in the depth you have.

9 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Not quite true, over a third of our points were achieved in games where Wood didn't score. In fact some of our best performances came when Wood was injured.

Preston away, Wood injured and played three up top, Roofe, Douks and Sacko. Pace and power murdered 'em.

The formation though has proved to be our downfall though imo. It's been very pragmatic and boring to watch for a while now. Monk knew he had the squad punching above their weight and tried to cement a playoff place based on getting our noses in front at ER then relying on a solid defense to hold on, we did that a lot.

Warnock and Lambert knew how to combat it at ER by out numbering our midfielder and stopping the supply to Wood. Both won comfortably.

The fact that Viera, Wood, Jansson, Taylor and possibly Bartley will be strong targets for PL clubs this summer tell me there is quality there but not in the depth you have.

Which means that you rely on one player for goals in 60% of your points.

I agree with the rest of your post because it reflects mine exactly.

5 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Isn't Taylor out of contract in the summer? I'm sure we were linked with him at one point.

Yep 2017 contract ends and he'll be mid table PL club bound. Whilst we drift along in this league all our best homegrown talent will leave for the riches of the golden land.

2 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Yep 2017 contract ends and he'll be mid table PL club bound. Whilst we drift along in this league all our best homegrown talent will leave for the riches of the golden land.

Careful the pigs might buy them, they are going to spend big you know! WTF:

25 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Which means that you rely on one player for goals in 60% of your points.

I agree with the rest of your post because it reflects mine exactly.

If Wood had been the only goalscorer in those other 60% of points then yes, you'd be right but it doesn't quite work like that.

We beat Rotherham 3-0, Wood scored as did as did Bartley and Jansson. is that relying on Wood?

We beat Villa away 3-2, Wood scored as did Jansson but Vieira got the winner, that's relying on Vieira goal surely.

In the games when only Wood scored, as in relying on him alone we've only got 17 points.

2 minutes ago, just visiting said:

If Wood had been the only goalscorer in those other 60% of points then yes, you'd be right but it doesn't quite work like that.

We beat Rotherham 3-0, Wood scored as did as did Bartley and Jansson. is that relying on Wood?

We beat Villa away 3-2, Wood scored as did Jansson but Vieira got the winner, that's relying on Vieira goal surely.

In the games when only Wood scored, as in relying on him alone we've only got 17 points.

So you could have easily done without him then?

We no Leeds rely on Wood bit like us last season with Fessi be interesting how the chairman backs Monk next season. 

For us I've been saying for months we will win at Wembley due to the ridiculous attacking options DC & CC have put together along with CC somehow teaching a Wednesday team how to see out a game.

These are happy days so enjoy. 

7 hours ago, just visiting said:

Never counted my chickens but I would expect a team challenging for promotion to get something from a game against a team fighting relegation and having being at the game, Burton certainly didn't turn in play off form more we awful but to be fair we've been awful for a while now.

We'll probably finish with 76 points minimum which shows real progress for us and Monks done a terrific job season, just to still have something to play for with 44 games gone is a luxury I've not had for ages. Usually the last 8/9 home games are dead rubbers.

Anyways, barring a miracle, its all over this season but, having said that, it really does leave a sour taste, having been in and about the top six for so long, to suddenly surrender our position in such a tepid fashion. A lack of proper investment by the owners being, once again, our Achilles heel.

Not bothered about the refund to be honest, the club could keep the £100+ it if i thought it would go towards player investment.

So, over to you guys. Having had the foresight to see your injury problems easing and a decent set fixtures coming up, before the Cardiff game I took you to be promoted at best odds 9/2 with bet365,  £150 on to comfortably pay for next years season ticket and a little drink as well. So, of course, I'm wishing you good luck in the play offs, not sure you'll need it till you meet Fulham but good luck all the same. 

Fair play to you I for coming back on here, PS hope the bet comes in obviously.     lol

28 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

So you could have easily done without him then?

Moving the posts a bit there mate.

I've been referring my answers to your post that said " Wood don't score, they don't win". Which is clearly not the case.

Then you said we rely on one players goals for 60% of our points. Which is clearly not the case.

Now your asking me if we could have done without him. Which is clearly not the case.

Shall we move on?

2 hours ago, m77owl said:

One win from them, one loss from us and the world is turned upside down.

exactly that's what most folks don't realise ,I cant stand leeds but I'm pretty sure they will easily see off Norwich and wigan .we have got to beat Ipswich , the way Fulham are playing at minute they will be big favs to beat us ,they seem to be scoring for fun and fancy themselves to beat anyone ,either Norwich turn up and get a result at leeds  or we beat Ipswich. id be a nervous wreck if we had to beat Fulham . Ipswich beat us 2-1 earlier in season we need to play much better than we did that day and keep an eye on that tom Lawrence .