Leeds the team to crack first?

Since Fulham caught up with the pack we have needed one team of the candidates for 7th to crack. Are Leeds the one looking most likely?

Form over the past 6 games:-

Reading 12 points

Wednedsay 10

Fulham 10

Huddersfield 9

Leeds 8

Form over last 4 games:-

Wednesday 10 points

Fulham 9

Reading 9

Huddersfield 6

Leeds 4

A good pal of mine is a Leeds ST holder and weeks ago when Leeds looked home and hosed he said fans were really nervous and that the one saving grace was that either us or Fulham had to drop at least two points on 7th May. Looking at the above form, that nervousness must have increased massively. They are (admirably) clinging on by the skin of their teeth, typified by the last minute point at Newcastle.

Their home match v Wolves tomorrow is massive. Anything other than 3 points and their wobble becomes an earthquake. They would probably be going to dog-fighting Burton next Saturday really needing a win.

Nice though it would be if Leeds blow up, personally I don't care who does, so long as it's not us. Our form over six or four matches would keep us in the play-offs. Once in them, I fear nobody. For me we would go in as favourites. The best squad by a distance, last season's experience, and fans who will match anyone over two legs and Wembley.

Leeds fixtures are quite favourable, think they only have Norwich of any note. Wolves, Burton and Wigan are the others. 

Ive been saying they are going to crack all season but they haven't yet, and with those fixtures remaining, it's hard to see them doing so. I'd love to be wrong though. 

Its all upto upto is to keep our nerve. Fulham have all massive games, Villa Hudd Brentford (localish derby) and Us. If we win out next three games, the last day of the season will be irrelevant. 

Leeds fixtures are quite favourable, think they only have Norwich of any note. Wolves, Burton and Wigan are the others. 

I would say that the games against Burton and Wigan will be harder than the Norwich one. Teams fighting for survival against mid table teams at the end of the season. I know who I'd rather be playing.

I actually hope Leeds look at their fixtures and think "yeah, nice easy run in" then come unstuck. Same with Hudders.

One thing is for certain, those matches wont be the results people expect them to be. They never are in this league.

Personally, I hope Fulham miss out

I don't fear Reading, Leeds or Huddersfield 

Fulham on the other hand have taken off under this manager, and they will take some stopping

I know the manager has improved them, but our last four matches against them have been 3 wins and a draw. I would be optimistic.

I don't fear Udders or Leeds in playoffs. I think we have the beating if them both at Hillsborough and/or Wembley. Reading bossed us at Hillsborough, so we owe them one,  but they were better than us that day, and Fulham are a bit hot and cold. I would have like Reading to implode, but it's not going to happen now, likewise Udders. So, for me, finish 6th, avoid Reading over two legs, play Udders, and whoever in the Final.

I can't see them failing (unfortunately!) To me it looks like we'll finish 6th and play Huddersfield / Reading over 2 legs

Bookies agree with you.

Odds for top 6 finish...

Huddersfield 1/250

Reading 1/100

Leeds 1/7 (I think that means odds not to make it are hugely generous)

Us 4/11

Fulham 1/1

How many of those games were against their new manager

Just saying

Only the 1-1 away draw in November, which we were inches and seconds away from winning.

Of course all oppos in the Play-Offs are tough, but I would take this year's team to beat Fulham far more than I thought last year's would beat Hull.

Plus Leeds have the bonus that both us & Fulham can't pick up 3 points on the last game.

imagine if both us and fulham only need a point on the final game to keep Leeds out.

imagine if both us and fulham only need a point on the final game to keep Leeds out.

Could be a repeat of the udds/tarn affair 4? seasons ago.

Not sporting, but the financial side would make it happen.

Do you think it would be a tad too obvious if we have 35000 in the ground all wearing half & half Wednesday/Fulham scarves?

It's getting to the stage of the season where you'd rather be playing midtable  teams than those at the bottom fighting for their lives. Burton will probably be one of the toughest games you could hope for in the last 4 matches. 

Like QPR , Ipswich and if we beat QPR Derby as their playoff chances will have mathematically gone 

Do you think it would be a tad too obvious if we have 35000 in the ground all wearing half & half Wednesday/Fulham scarves?

Loovens would be the master at playing out an agreed draw.

Walking football, slow languid passes, he could do a joint Wednesday/Fulham team talk.