Leeds the team to crack first?

20 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Thing is in a way pressure is now off Leeds. They have nothing to lose as they are now big outsiders

I think playing at ER in a must-win game will incur a lot of pressure on the Leeds team. Imagine what it will be like if they start playing badly or go a goal down. Norwich have a bad away record but they recently won at Preston, no mean feat. They also beat Championship title chasing Brighton in their last match.

Leeds are big outsiders but there's a reason for that.

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I think playing at ER in a must-win game will incur a lot of pressure on the Leeds team. Imagine what it will be like if they start playing badly or go a goal down. Norwich have a bad away record but they recently won at Preston, no mean feat. They also beat Championship title chasing Brighton in their last match.

Leeds are big outsiders but there's a reason for that.

They also have Alan Irvine as manager .

37 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Ok so how is our game against Ipswich different to the one leeds have next week? Ipswich too have nothing to play for yet apparently we could quite easily slip up there where as you have pretty much given leeds the 3 points.

You and I clearly have a differing views on this and we can argue it until the cows come home 

We have a cr*p record there so it's not a given, though you seem to think it is.

I think Leeds will win both matches, however I am not convinced we will win both of ours. 

Instead of carrying this on, why dont we do the obvious thing and wait and see what happens...

In the end one of us or maybe neither will be right! 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

36 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Thing is in a way pressure is now off Leeds. They have nothing to lose as they are now big outsiders

Have to win both their remaining games and other results have to go their way. Aye, bet the whole club's relived!

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Nope but I think their matches are more winneable for them than Huddersfield's 

But I think it's better to have the points on the board. Two weeks ago the Leeds fans were debating who they wanted in the play-offs as though it was an absolute certainty they would be in them. After all what could go wrong with Wolves at home and Burton away in the next couple of matches? They're not playing like a side you'd expect to win both matches and were very lucky to escape with a draw at Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

But I think it's better to have the points on the board. Two weeks ago the Leeds fans were debating who they wanted in the play-offs as though it was an absolute certainty they would be in them. After all what could go wrong with Wolves at home and Burton away in the next couple of matches? They're not playing like a side you'd expect to win both matches and were very lucky to escape with a draw at Newcastle.

I agree but I think nerves are starting to come into play for Huddersfield.

They got walloped yesterday and I think the gravity of what's at stake is beginning to figure.

They last played in the Top Flight in 1970 and haven't been remotely  close to a return, whereas us, Fulham and Leeds have slightly more recent experience.

Its got to be a factor 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

47 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

In 1989/90 I thought like you ...I remember going away to already relegated charlton and beating them at selhurst putting us 6 points clear of Luton with 2 to play .

Last day we needed to avoid defeat at home to forest by 3 or more ...we lost 0-3 and Derby  (who had a decent home record) rolled over for Luton.

When  you have been through this you don't get too cocky .

This. 100%. Several games earlier we had played Spurs with the (outside) opportunity to get to 7th in the table with a win. A few weeks later we went down. Until the points are in the bag take nothing for granted. 

2 minutes ago, NHOwl said:

This. 100%. Several games earlier we had played Spurs with the (outside) opportunity to get to 7th in the table with a win. A few weeks later we went down. Until the points are in the bag take nothing for granted. 

At last someone else with good memory.

I mentioned this earlier - far too many people behaving as if it were already in the bag.

Football, like any sport can be bite very hard..

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

Irvine

Cellino has mostly let Monk get on with things this season.

Though he will probably give him the chop if Leeds miss out.

It's much, much easier to replace a bad manager than a bad owner. I'm sure even the Leeds fans would agree with me there.

As for Irvine he's not done too badly at Norwich, 7-1 against Reading, and wins against Brighton and Preston!

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

At last someone else with good memory.

I mentioned this earlier - far too many people behaving as if it were already in the bag.

Football, like any sport can be bite very hard..

Spot on, I see no chickens hatching. That relegation still haunts me.

48 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It's that hard Rotherham only picked a point up. 

Possibly last point they picked up away from home. 

Stop being obsessed with Rotherham, if you think Ipswich away is a walk in the park you're a mug .

57 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I agree, I think the pressure has got

to them, but things are very simple now for them, with the added bonus that Fulham or us are guaranteed to drop points and our GD is the same as theirs.

Things are also very simple for us, but I think we have had the hardest run in of all the teams involved. I still feel that there could be a nervy last day.

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It's much, much easier to replace a bad manager than a bad owner. I'm sure even the Leeds fans would agree with me there.

As for Irvine he's not done too badly at Norwich, 7-1 against Reading, and wins against Brighton and Preston!

Yes but in fairness Monk has been given time

Irvine has got off to a decent start ..he often does, but it falls off pretty quickly. 

There is alo no pressure on him at Norwich at the moment and with that added in I still fancy Leeds to win.

Cellino maybe learning his lesson - we'll see 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, LoOkOut said:

In 1989/90 I thought like you ...I remember going away to already relegated charlton and beating them at selhurst putting us 6 points clear of Luton with 2 to play .

Last day we needed to avoid defeat at home to forest by 3 or more ...we lost 0-3 and Derby  (who had a decent home record) rolled over for Luton.

When  you have been through this you don't get too cocky .

Not quite true. We would still have been relegated if we had lost 1-0.