Leeds the team to crack first?

Far too many people acting as if the job is done.

It can still all go pear shaped - let's enjoy it when we are safely into the playoffs, if that does indeed happen.

Leeds have a pretty easy run and I expect them to be there - either us Fulham or Huddersfield are going to miss out.

Huddersfield look the most vulnerable but still all to play for.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It can still all go pear shaped - let's enjoy it when we are safely into the playoffs, if that does indeed happen.

Leeds have a pretty easy run and I expect them to be there - either us Fulham or Huddersfield are going to miss out.

That's a proper Wednesday attitude that right there.

We're 5 points clear with a better goal difference but were the ones that are going to miss out?

Nah.

4 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

We're 5 points clear with a better goal difference but were the ones that are going to miss out?

Nah.

Depends if you've spent all season saying we are going to fail

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

How can Huddersfield look the most vulnerable? They've also got 3 games left. Us and them are 5 points ahead of Leeds. Leeds HAVE to win 2 games of championship football (no game is easy in this league)in a row and that still may not be enough. 

6 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

How can Huddersfield look the most vulnerable? They've also got 3 games left. Us and them are 5 points ahead of Leeds. Leeds HAVE to win 2 games of championship football (no game is easy in this league)in a row and that still may not be enough. 

Leeds have to beat 1 team with nothing to play for with a mediocre manager and another that is relegated.  In Champ terms, winnable games.

Huddersfield have been patchy of late and have the hardest run in IMO.

People's judgement of Leeds is often too affected by their personal feelings for the club - fair enough but it can cloud the facts.

We could quite easily slip up at Ipswich and lose to the other side bang in form Fulham - especially if the latter need a result.

I'll stick with huddersfield at the ones that lose out 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

23 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

Nah.

Hope you are right..

Why is that a proper Wednesdayite attitude..?  Well because a proportion of us have seen similar things happen to this club before.

These boards would have made interesting reading if they existed in final matches of the 1989/90 season.

We'll see wont we..

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

20 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Leeds have to play Norwich at home who are diabolical away and Wigan away who will be relegated.

We have two very tough games and so do Fulham.

Huddersfield have a game in hand but some difficult games.

Let's just beat Ipswich. 

15 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Leeds have to beat 1 team with nothing to play for with a mediocre manager and another that is relegated.  In Champ terms, winnable games.

Huddersfield have been patchy of late and have the hardest run in IMO.

People's judgement of Leeds is often too affected by their personal feelings for the club - fair enough but it can cloud the facts.

We could quite easily slip up at Ipswich and lose to the other side bang in form Fulham - especially if the latter need a result.

I'll stick with huddersfield at the ones that lose out 

Ok so how is our game against Ipswich different to the one leeds have next week? Ipswich too have nothing to play for yet apparently we could quite easily slip up there where as you have pretty much given leeds the 3 points.

Leeds can't handle the expectation or pressure as the last month has shown where as we have and there's still a lot of doubt about us amongst our fan base. It must be a Sheffield thing :tango:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

36 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

Nah.

In 1989/90 I thought like you ...I remember going away to already relegated charlton and beating them at selhurst putting us 6 points clear of Luton with 2 to play .

Last day we needed to avoid defeat at home to forest by 3 or more ...we lost 0-3 and Derby  (who had a decent home record) rolled over for Luton.

When  you have been through this you don't get too cocky .

14 hours ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Aren't the Leeds Season Ticket holders on for a massive refund for missing the playoffs?

A report I read at the time suggested Cellino would be in line to hand back a seven-figure sum to the Leeds fans.

Apparently they've got until 30th April to return their refund forms, but they've not been issued yet!

This could get messy...

6 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Ok so how is our game against Ipswich different to the one leeds have next week? Ipswich too have nothing to play for yet apparently we could quite easily slip up there where as you have pretty much given leeds the 3 points.

Notoriously hard place to go too and get a result with big mick in charge.

It will be a tough game and I'll be ecstatic if we get 3 points .

Leeds home to Norwich will be much easier and also some pressure might be even off them with their fans thinking they've blown it ...not quite yet .

5 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Notoriously hard place to go too and get a result with big mick in charge.

It will be a tough game and I'll be ecstatic if we get 3 points .

Leeds home to Norwich will be much easier and also some pressure might be even off them with their fans thinking they've blown it ...not quite yet .

It's that hard Rotherham only picked a point up. 

Possibly last point they picked up away from home.