Box Prices Revealed

Does this mean there will be one free for Hooper now?

In all seriousness shocking prices, you'd think the club would have a bit more business sense about this.

I would imagine our billionaire chairman and his family will have a little more "business sense" than most on this board. 

I couldn't careless about the boxes tbh. It's the match day ticket prices i'd like them to review. 

The "disgruntled" business clients will soon be back if we reach the premier league. 

Edited by bigdan2003

My company had a box for at least one match per season for our N/E customers then last season we payed an invoice of £2000 then we were told we had to pay a further £500 we eventually paid the extra money and were promised a table for 5 for the Huddersfield match. Then i was told the commercial manager i have dealt with for many years had left the club and they would not honour the table for 5 on Mr C's instruction, so now I'm afraid WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE A BOX AGAIN.Or at least until the club see sense and alter the price structure to an affordable price per head.PLEASE LISTEN TO THE FANS MR CHANSIRI WE ARE THE LIFE LINE OF THE CLUB.     

Someone once explained to me that the Thai culture, when it comes to money, is very different to ours. Apparantly, they don't do the old 'bartering' bit, but rather they set a price, and that price sticks. No room for movement, and if the item doesn't sell at that price, it simply doesn't sell. 

I would imagine our billionaire chairman and his family will have a little more "business sense" than most on this board. 

I couldn't careless about the boxes tbh. It's the match day ticket prices i'd like them to review. 

The "disgruntled" business clients will soon be back if we reach the premier league. 

Don't you see the link?

all the extra income from increased ticket prices is merely covering the hole left by the loss of corporate customers.

A healthy corporate turnover would make a ticket price reduction more feasible.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

40 grand divided by 10 = 4 grand per season each

4 grand divided by 23= £173 per match per person

not really worth it for a meal, ticket  and a programme is it?

Id say £25k a box would be about right

It won't be the same local businesses taking the boxes. The corporate giants that would come in won't have the lightest interest in Wednesday, just the prestige of the Premier League.

You can argue that it makes businesses sense if/when we get there from a revenue point of view.

In the meantime it's costing revenue, and screwing over many of the local smaller businesses who stuck with the club through the hard times over the 2 decades pre-DC. That doesn't sit well with me.

Guest Deleted member

The FFP workaround theory is a red herring -  to a point. 

Any sponsorship or payments to the club by the owner have to be at a fair market value. The Chairman can't suddenly decide to pay £50m a season to sponsor the shirts for example as payments are investigated. 

Our boxes this season were already the most expensive in the League by some distance. They were at the top end of pricing 2 seasons ago at  £23k

VAT is added to those prices, and boxes aren't tax deductible. 

This has been discussed at great length in the past and is pointless as we get the usual I'm Alright Jacks getting involved and it all becomes one giant slanging match. 

It won't be the same local businesses taking the boxes. The corporate giants that would come in won't have the lightest interest in Wednesday, just the prestige of the Premier League.

I've been in a box a few times as a guest of a local firm. More often than not I'm the only Wednesday fan there. Rest are there on a jolly and for some free snap.

I've been in a box a few times as a guest of a local firm. More often than not I'm the only Wednesday fan there. Rest are there on a jolly and for some free snap.

Who was paying the bill though? Chances are the CEO or a director is a Wednesday fan even if they themselves have commitments meaning they don't use it much.

If you're a local business and have no affiliation to Wednesday and want to spend money on a luxury like a box, I'm sad to say you would go to the Sty. Sensible bordering on cheap prices, and better facilities.

Edited by nebneeb

TBF for bigger business £40k is nowt, you can be "invited" to golf matches and it can cost up to £5k for 4 of you, then there's the after dinner auction, the accomodation etc the list goes on..

I've taken customers out round London and believe me the bill at the end of the night can be nearly £40k when everything is taken into consideration..

Mr C is looking for proper investers to take a box not some bloke that runs a local company trying to get it on the cheap so he can impress his mates or workforce..

Just a thought, but what if Chansiri himself is buying the boxes which don't sell and then selling match day packages for those same boxes?

That would enable him to circumvent the FFP restrictions and put more of his own money into the club (40k is at the high end of the market, but it is still market price) and, crucially, increase the potential annual revenue of each box at the same time.

TBF for bigger business £40k is nowt, you can be "invited" to golf matches and it can cost up to £5k for 4 of you, then there's the after dinner auction, the accomodation etc the list goes on..

I've taken customers out round London and believe me the bill at the end of the night can be nearly £40k when everything is taken into consideration..

Mr C is looking for proper investers to take a box not some bloke that runs a local company trying to get it on the cheap so he can impress his mates or workforce..

Sheffield isn't London.

A match isn't a night out.

The facilities aren't premium.

The food is poor.

The price before the raises wasn't cheap on any fair comparable basis.

Until "Mr C" finds these mystery men, half the boxes are earning less than a seat behind a post on the Kop.

Just a thought, but what if Chansiri himself is buying the boxes which don't sell and then selling match day packages for those same boxes?

That would enable him to circumvent the FFP restrictions and put more of his own money into the club (40k is at the high end of the market, but it is still market price) and, crucially, increase the potential annual revenue of each box at the same time.

Why are so many empty every game?

It isn't just the boxes either. The empty area of posh seats in the South stuck out like the areas of netted off seats usually do.

He's failing to sell the best seats in the house.

It's come to something when people are cheering him on for putting so called 'proper investors' before actual Wednesday fans and local businesses.

Why are so many empty every game?

It isn't just the boxes either. The empty area of posh seats in the South stuck out like the areas of netted off seats usually do.

He's failing to sell the best seats in the house.

Noticed this yesterday from the North, there always seems to be a block of darker blue seats that no one sits in .....weird 

It's come to something when people are cheering him on for putting so called 'proper investors' before actual Wednesday fans and local businesses.

I'd take the old captains posts with a pinch of salt.

Refuses to pay £30-£40 for a ticket for himself for a single match in an entire season, but spends £40k taking others on a night out in London...

The question obviously has to be, why isn't he spunking that £40k on Wednesday if it's such a reasonable offer.

I wonder how he market tests the prices?

Is there a league table of championship prices, and what to the pigs charge as a comparison, in particular for next season when we're likely to be in the same league?