Box Prices Revealed

You  consistently berated the club over ticket prices for POTG earlier in the season and specificallly said this was why you werent attending

last season I said that and paid the price of my principles by not going to Wembley... (I had attended the opening game).

This season I still agreed they were too expensive but didn't keep on banging on about it as it was getting us no where.. Never said owt about not going this season..

He's running the corporate side like a business to raise money for SWFC next year's accounts will be interesting as I reckon all boxes will show as sold so a massive revenue increase on years gone by.

If people are moving to having boxes at Villa or Man City then good luck to them but are you really Wednesday fans???

Fans get season tickets at reduced prices or have to pay the going rate on the day, individual fans should get a benefit of discounts when they go more often..

Corporate shouldn't be mixed up with what fans want, we now have a chairman that is thinking bigger and I for one would rather he did that than go back to where we were 6 or 7 years ago....

I like most on here like an occasional moan but on this one I completely agree with the club, it's a business to business relationship - Unfortunately it's now less to do with fans.

What most people don't grasp in the modern life, You can't afford it you don't have it. Stop being flash ten bob millionaires, the price is what it is, thank FFP for that so in essence, Stump up or shut up.

When it was lower priced and we were haemorrhaging money we never heard a peep

I went against the grain on here and used that argument to explain the rational behind the match day price increases. With record ST numbers, and increased crowds, that decision has been somewhat vindicated from a hard business perspective.

It still doesn't mean it's fair on fans and families in the community the club supposedly serves that have been supporting the club for generations and they should be happy about it. Maybe they understand it, but it doesn't mean they will be happy about it and not entitled to moan.

The same would be fine from a purely revenue point of view for the boxes as well. But they are selling far less than previously even in recent years when the football on display was poor. It appears numbers will be declining again next season unless we are promoted. I don't doubt they would sell if we are a Premier League club, but we aren't yet. If the club want to keep options open, why not at least wait before annoying the few, most loyal existing customers they have left?

Guest Deleted member

I went against the grain on here and used that argument to explain the rational behind the match day price increases. With record ST numbers, and increased crowds, that decision has been somewhat vindicated from a hard business perspective.

It still doesn't mean it's fair on fans and families in the community the club supposedly serves that have been supporting the club for generations and they should be happy about it. Maybe they understand it, but it doesn't mean they will be happy about it and not entitled to moan.

The same would be fine from a purely revenue point of view for the boxes as well. But they are selling far less than previously even in recent years when the football on display was poor. It appears numbers will be declining again next season unless we are promoted. I don't doubt they would sell if we are a Premier League club, but we aren't yet. If the club want to keep options open, why not at least wait before annoying the few, most loyal existing customers they have left?

The club has hit the two ends of the financial scale of being a loyal long term Wednesday fan the hardest

On reflection its actually a very good move - if it was pre-empted its incredibly clever.  Pisss off the lower 10% and the upper 10% and the 80% in between will fully support you - even to the point of attacking the other 20% that are being frozen out.

I may have underestimated our Chairman

I did find this - which is a comparison of pricing at other Championship grounds this season

Derby County - £26,500.00 for 10 people

·         Four course menu

·         Executive balcony match view padded seats

·         Premium reserved parking

·         Access to the suite three hours before kick-off and one hour after the final whistle

·         Dedicated member of waiting personnel

·         Complimentary teamsheet and matchday programme

·         Licensed betting facilities

·         Satellite LCD TV including live match feed

Forest - £21,000 for 8 people

- Champagne reception (served up to one-and-a-half hours before kick-off)

- Access to Munich and Madrid bars

- Two-course meal

- Eight seats in private executive box

- Forest legend as host

- Half-time interview with former player

- Matchday programme and teamsheet

- Two hospitality car parking spaces

- Betting facilities

Leeds Utd - £22,000 for 12 people

• Private Hospitality Box for up to 12 guests
• Three course choice menu
• Private balcony seating area 
• Padded match seats - including wheelchair position
• Dedicated waitress service throughout the day
• Matchday betting service provided directly to your Hospitality Box courtesy of Coral

Blackburn Rovers - £21500 for 10 people

Welcome Drink on Arrival 

Inside Viewing or Open Balcony (limited availability) 

One or Three-Course Menu 

Half-time Refreshments

Licensed Pay Bar

Betting Facilities

Match Programme & Team Sheet 

One Car Parking Space for every Four Guests

Dedicated Waiter/Waitress

Birmingham City - £10,500 for 10 people (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

• Entertain between 10 to 20 guests in your own private facility
  • Option to pre-order from our matchday menu with dedicated waiter/waitress service
  • Birmingham City host on hand throughout the day
  • TV screen within the box showing a live feed of the game and access to Satellite TV
  • Matchday programme for each guest
  • Access to the Alex Govan Bar throughout the day
  • Opportunity to purchase food upon booking or on the day

Huddersfield Town - £7500 (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

Executive box ownership also includes many other superb benefits, including:

• Padded seating at the front of your box on the outside balcony, allowing you to soak up the atmosphere
• Your very own en-suite facilities so you don’t have to miss a minute of the action!
• A 10’ advertising board below the external seats
• A door plaque featuring the name of your party or company
• Dedicated waitress and bar service
• Colour TV with terrestrial and satellite channels
• Use of your box for external meetings during the week
• Option to purchase food at an additional cost
• Priority on away tickets, delivered to your box

It's simply in line with all his other pricing decisions - boxes, ticket prices, hospitality, kits. The supporters are there to be milked. He'll get away with it while we are doing well because many will see it as a necessary evil. 

It's simply in line with all his other pricing decisions - boxes, ticket prices, hospitality, kits. The supporters are there to be milked. He'll get away with it while we are doing well because many will see it as a necessary evil. 

And those who back him use steadily more sneery and aggressive language as time goes on. 

lol

Guest Deleted member

The club has hit the two ends of the financial scale of being a loyal long term Wednesday fan the hardest

On reflection its actually a very good move - if it was pre-empted its incredibly clever.  Pisss off the lower 10% and the upper 10% and the 80% in between will fully support you - even to the point of attacking the other 20% that are being frozen out.

The more I think about this the more machiavellian it becomes. How could I have missed this. Its actually stunningly effective marketing.

Wow. This guy is seriously taking us places.

I did find this - which is a comparison of pricing at other Championship grounds this season

Derby County - £26,500.00 for 10 people

·         Four course menu

·         Executive balcony match view padded seats

·         Premium reserved parking

·         Access to the suite three hours before kick-off and one hour after the final whistle

·         Dedicated member of waiting personnel

·         Complimentary teamsheet and matchday programme

·         Licensed betting facilities

·         Satellite LCD TV including live match feed

Forest - £21,000 for 8 people

- Champagne reception (served up to one-and-a-half hours before kick-off)

- Access to Munich and Madrid bars

- Two-course meal

- Eight seats in private executive box

- Forest legend as host

- Half-time interview with former player

- Matchday programme and teamsheet

- Two hospitality car parking spaces

- Betting facilities

Leeds Utd - £22,000 for 12 people

• Private Hospitality Box for up to 12 guests
• Three course choice menu
• Private balcony seating area 
• Padded match seats - including wheelchair position
• Dedicated waitress service throughout the day
• Matchday betting service provided directly to your Hospitality Box courtesy of Coral

Blackburn Rovers - £21500 for 10 people

Welcome Drink on Arrival 

Inside Viewing or Open Balcony (limited availability) 

One or Three-Course Menu 

Half-time Refreshments

Licensed Pay Bar

Betting Facilities

Match Programme & Team Sheet 

One Car Parking Space for every Four Guests

Dedicated Waiter/Waitress

Birmingham City - £10,500 for 10 people (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

• Entertain between 10 to 20 guests in your own private facility
  • Option to pre-order from our matchday menu with dedicated waiter/waitress service
  • Birmingham City host on hand throughout the day
  • TV screen within the box showing a live feed of the game and access to Satellite TV
  • Matchday programme for each guest
  • Access to the Alex Govan Bar throughout the day
  • Opportunity to purchase food upon booking or on the day

Huddersfield Town - £7500 (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

Executive box ownership also includes many other superb benefits, including:

• Padded seating at the front of your box on the outside balcony, allowing you to soak up the atmosphere
• Your very own en-suite facilities so you don’t have to miss a minute of the action!
• A 10’ advertising board below the external seats
• A door plaque featuring the name of your party or company
• Dedicated waitress and bar service
• Colour TV with terrestrial and satellite channels
• Use of your box for external meetings during the week
• Option to purchase food at an additional cost
• Priority on away tickets, delivered to your box

Interesting, do you know how many places you get for the Huddersfield one? 

I suppose in the crazy world of box pricing the Birmingham one is decent value really, works out at just over a grand per person, still a lot of money but you don't need to be a millionaire to afford it like a lot of other clubs.

I shudder to think what the prices must be at clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea. 

To be fair, I'm not bothered. 

which is understandable and why topics like that have been done before are pointless and attracts detached purile comments 

So how does an empty box help with FFP ?

CC rents the box himself and leaves it empty ?

I believe he does or includes them in negotiations

My company had a box for at least one match per season for our N/E customers then last season we payed an invoice of £2000 then we were told we had to pay a further £500 we eventually paid the extra money and were promised a table for 5 for the Huddersfield match. Then i was told the commercial manager i have dealt with for many years had left the club and they would not honour the table for 5 on Mr C's instruction, so now I'm afraid WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE A BOX AGAIN.Or at least until the club see sense and alter the price structure to an affordable price per head.PLEASE LISTEN TO THE FANS MR CHANSIRI WE ARE THE LIFE LINE OF THE CLUB.     

Neither will many people I know   as for DC listening, good luck with that 

The FFP workaround theory is a red herring -  to a point. 

Any sponsorship or payments to the club by the owner have to be at a fair market value. The Chairman can't suddenly decide to pay £50m a season to sponsor the shirts for example as payments are investigated. 

Our boxes this season were already the most expensive in the League by some distance. They were at the top end of pricing 2 seasons ago at  £23k

VAT is added to those prices, and boxes aren't tax deductible. 

This has been discussed at great length in the past and is pointless as we get the usual I'm Alright Jacks getting involved and it all becomes one giant slanging match. 

agree

Just a thought, but what if Chansiri himself is buying the boxes which don't sell and then selling match day packages for those same boxes?

That would enable him to circumvent the FFP restrictions and put more of his own money into the club (40k is at the high end of the market, but it is still market price) and, crucially, increase the potential annual revenue of each box at the same time.

IF we had a 1000 boxes I could go along with this theory but the differential across the amount of boxes we have is negligible IMO

he would rather stand there and say pay or feck off 

local business has done the latter ...  ask DC if he cares  he just doesn't 

£40k price

23 games is £1.7k per game

10 people in each box is £173 per person

That would be at the top end of a typical corporate event per head i would suggest. Yes, there will be more expensive events per head but when you consider there are 23 of these to fill in 9 months i suspect most corporate s would find this a bit steep.

Guest Deleted member

With regards to bringing the fanbase and the local community with you, not sure where this one sits.

Feck em.

Who needs em anyway, bloody hangers on demanding this that and t'other. Better off without em I say.

I'm absolutely on board with whats happening now I've finally sussed out the plan. #imwiththe80%

Edited by Deleted member

Comparisons with cricket, golf and rugby are ridiculous.

If England are playing France at Twickenham - Clients are falling over themselves to go.

The Ashes at Trent Bridge - they are begging me for an invite.

The Open at St Andrews - in their best mate for a decade

Wedneaday v Burton, Bristol City, Brentford etc on a Tuesday night - you cannot fill it with clients and end up taking mates just so the tickets aren't wasted.

Man City v Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc - I can fill it no problem and it costs far less than Hillsborough.

If Wednesday are in the PL, I have no problem with £40K. But in the Championship? Nah, we'all spread it around other sporting events instead. I prefer my season ticket anyway.