Box Prices Revealed

Guest Deleted member

I wonder how he market tests the prices?

Is there a league table of championship prices, and what to the pigs charge as a comparison, in particular for next season when we're likely to be in the same league?

This has all  been published in great detail before - along with costings of all catering, parking etc etc

It's pointless because there's none so blind as those who refuse to see 

Box at Utd is £10k for the season, food optional 

He's running the corporate side like a business to raise money for SWFC next year's accounts will be interesting as I reckon all boxes will show as sold so a massive revenue increase on years gone by.

If people are moving to having boxes at Villa or Man City then good luck to them but are you really Wednesday fans???

This has all  been published in great detail before - along with costings of all catering, parking etc etc

It's pointless because there's none so blind as those who refuse to see 

Box at Utd is £10k for the season, food optional 

He must have some other motive then - the comparison with utd isn't even near, and I would imagine they'll be full now ready for the new season.

Surely if he walks around Tesco and sees Princesses Tuna @ £1 and his at £5 he'd be a little concerned that his business empire would soon sink.

Guest Deleted member

He's running the corporate side like a business to raise money for SWFC next year's accounts will be interesting as I reckon all boxes will show as sold so a massive revenue increase on years gone by.

If people are moving to having boxes at Villa or Man City then good luck to them but are you really Wednesday fans???

They don't itemise box revenue in the accounts 

Guest Deleted member

Sheffield isn't London.

A match isn't a night out.

The facilities aren't premium.

The food is poor.

The price before the raises wasn't cheap on any fair comparable basis.

Until "Mr C" finds these mystery men, half the boxes are earning less than a seat behind a post on the Kop.

I was in a box yesterday 

To be fair the food was brilliant 

Guest Deleted member

So we will never no then unfortunately but there must be a sound business decision behind it.

Why must there? 

I was in a box yesterday 

To be fair the food was brilliant 

Admittedly I haven't had the pleasure of the box experience since DC took the helm (there's a link in this...).

Glad to hear things have improved dramatically. Just a shame there aren't as many enjoying it.

Guest Deleted member

I don't think inviting all of our long term corporate partners to a meeting last summer, shouting at them that if FFP catches up with us it will be their fault, ripping up contract offers that had been made in writing, raising prices to the point hardly any renewed leaving many boxes, restaurants and expensive seats empty was his best move.

But I'm sure you will 

I don't think inviting all of our long term corporate partners to a meeting last summer, shouting at them that if FFP catches up with us it will be their fault, ripping up contract offers that had been made in writing, raising prices to the point hardly any renewed leaving many boxes, restaurants and expensive seats empty was his best move.

But I'm sure you will 

No agree not the way to address the issue shouting at past/present or potential future customers unfortunately a lot of top businessman aren't great PR people which is why they don't usually get involved in these types of discussions.

Regarding boxes again though I'm sure they will all be "Sold" in 1 way or another which means more money to help with FFP so we can have Rhodes, Fletch, Hooper, Fessi, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, Wallace, Jones,  Bannan and all the other expensively assembled players.

Exactly, why should the average fan be bothered 

Maybe not the average fan.

But the average supporter who is paying much higher ticket prices might wonder what the point is, when there's clearly a big hole where corporate revenue used to be.

It's all well and good growing revenue in one area, but if that's offset by a decline in another, the sum total doesn't grow as it should.

Guest Deleted member

No agree not the way to address the issue shouting at past/present or potential future customers unfortunately a lot of top businessman aren't great PR people which is why they don't usually get involved in these types of discussions.

Regarding boxes again though I'm sure they will all be "Sold" in 1 way or another which means more money to help with FFP so we can have Rhodes, Fletch, Hooper, Fessi, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, Wallace, Jones,  Bannan and all the other expensively assembled players.

So you agreed it wasn't good business practice, assume that the boxes are all 'sold' to be left empty, and that's why you negged my reply??

OK

Guest Ash76

Don't you see the link?

all the extra income from increased ticket prices is merely covering the hole left by the loss of corporate customers.

A healthy corporate turnover would make a ticket price reduction more feasible.

Wow talk about trying to drum up support

Thought you were off to City/Villa?

Edited by Ash76

So you agreed it wasn't good business practice, assume that the boxes are all 'sold' to be left empty, and that's why you negged my reply??

OK

Someone should tell DC to at least turn the lights and TV's on in the "sold" empty boxes. Could even put cardboard cutouts of people in them. That would trick FFP...

40 grand divided by 10 = 4 grand per season each

4 grand divided by 23= £173 per match per person

not really worth it for a meal, ticket  and a programme is it?

Id say £25k a box would be about right

Don't forget to add on VAT. That takes it over £200pp per match only if its full with 10 people every game.

Oddly enough £25k was the old price (before CC took over) for a centre stand box. The ones in the wing were around £23k. They are all one price now.  Whichever way you look at it this equates to over a 60% increase to when MM was in charge.