Box Prices Revealed

Guest Deleted member

So many corporate experts on here.

Anyone would think that certain individuals are looking for any excuse to attack the club and the chairman .

Stop talking out of your collective arses and get with the program. 

Exactly

Guest Deleted member

Disappointing that genuine concerns can't be discussed without blunts trying to stifle the discourse.

One of the reasons Uncle D got with away with things for as long as he did.

You're going to feel so silly when you get your Road to Damascus moment

So many corporate experts on here.

Anyone would think that certain individuals are looking for any excuse to attack the club and the chairman .

Stop talking out of your collective arses and get with the program. 

Chill out man , dont choke on your Prawn Sandwich 

Feck em.

Who needs em anyway, bloody hangers on demanding this that and t'other. Better off without em I say.

I'm absolutely on board with whats happening now I've finally sussed out the plan. #imwiththe80%

You say hangers on ???? Loyal wednesday fans that supported them years and sponsored kits / match balls and full match sponsorships when in the lower divisions ??  that's an insult to them  IMO but you have yours I suppose !!! 

I don't think inviting all of our long term corporate partners to a meeting last summer, shouting at them that if FFP catches up with us it will be their fault, ripping up contract offers that had been made in writing, raising prices to the point hardly any renewed leaving many boxes, restaurants and expensive seats empty was his best move.

But I'm sure you will 

Who did all the shouting they ought to be shot these people have paid a lot over the years to watch Crap like me since 1972

That's nowt for a box. Businesses are kicking off because they've had it too cheap when we were leaking money. Now it's al not fair. Boo fricking hoo.

Pay it or shut it

Its a tad expensive for a Prawn Sarnie and a glass of Lambrini 

Feel free!

You won't be missed if that's your attitude mate.

You clearly don't understand the difference between a commercial decision and a personal one.

I have a season ticket and I always will.

But from a corporate point of view, Wednesday clearly do not want corporate customers so we'll take our business elsewhere.

It doesn't mean that I won't still be there at home v Brentford on a cold Tuesday night. 

You clearly don't understand the difference between a commercial decision and a personal one.

I have a season ticket and I always will.

But from a corporate point of view, Wednesday clearly do not want corporate customers so we'll take our business elsewhere.

It doesn't mean that I won't still be there at home v Brentford on a cold Tuesday night. 

I get it mate your unhappy about someone making a commercial decision, so you come on a fans forum ***** and moan about it, the thing you and some other fans need to get your head round is this is Chansiri's club and he will run it how he sees fit so take your money to Villa most of us don't give a roger and I don't think we will see Mr Chansiri's questioning your company business on an internet forum.

As regards your ST why are you bothered if you are still going to every home game.

I would imagine our billionaire chairman and his family will have a little more "business sense" than most on this board. 

I couldn't careless about the boxes tbh. It's the match day ticket prices i'd like them to review. 

The "disgruntled" business clients will soon be back if we reach the premier league. 

I totally agree with you, I personally could not think of anything worse than doing the whole "corporate side" of football for a matchday. I do however know people who have done it in the past for a day out and the current prices would more than likely make it impossible to do.

I don't know enough about corporate prices to have a particularly profound opinion on whether the box prices are high. The hospitality prices for one-off games seems extortionate to me - the Valentine's Day offer was ridiculous - but it's not my cup of char anyway.

What worries me more is ripping up deals and slagging people off - people who have apparently given the club valuable support over the years. Basically the attitude seems to be roger them - we'll ultimately replace them with people with more money. That attitude is reflected in match day ticket prices too - and even the ST prices aren't exactly cheap compared to our peers. 

It doesn't bode well and contributes to my general wariness about how all this will pan out. There's an unecessary aggression and dismissiveness - that's also reflected in the language of a lot of the people who back Chansiri whatever he does or says. 

If we don't go up there will probably be an appeal to our loyalty and talk of the Wednesday "family". But in reality it will all be on His terms. 

So we will never no then unfortunately but there must be a sound business decision behind it.

Can't see how zero income from empty boxes is good business.

Its a revenue generating asset standing idle

very strange 

Fans get season tickets at reduced prices or have to pay the going rate on the day, individual fans should get a benefit of discounts when they go more often..

Corporate shouldn't be mixed up with what fans want, we now have a chairman that is thinking bigger and I for one would rather he did that than go back to where we were 6 or 7 years ago....

I like most on here like an occasional moan but on this one I completely agree with the club, it's a business to business relationship - Unfortunately it's now less to do with fans.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity, missed revenue.

if he gets the prices right they'll sell, if not they'll remain empty. 

I cant ant see how that's good business, fair play to DC he's backing the club financially, i just don't understand why he wouldn't rather the club generate more money off corporate, the more we earn the less he had to put in.

So if a box is £10k at United and £40k for us we only need to sell 26% of them and we're already making more money than United. Even if United sell every box for every game (which would come with higher staffing costs). Can't say I've ever been to a game and thought the atmosphere was poor because half of the corporate boxes were empty.

The club doesn't owe these businesses anything. They are not fans and if they feel they can get a better deal elsewhere then fine. That's business. Others have pointed out that this is pricing out certain wealthy fans or very small businesses, but much of this is probably just being displaced to buying normal tickets. Good. The corporate boxes are there to make money out of businesses with more money than sense and a big corporate budget to spunk up the wall. If the people being displaced are fans they'll enjoy the experience of sitting with the proper fans anyway.

I'd be interested to see the books to see how many of these "empty" boxes were actually paid for in full. 

There re is a limit to how much an owner can gift a club, thus huge sponsorship deals, naming rights and potentially shirt providor deal now. 

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a way of pumping cash in without it being considered a loss. 

The people running the club (Palmer/Chansiri) seem fairly switched on, I'd not know enough to question their logic. 

I'd be interested to see the books to see how many of these "empty" boxes were actually paid for in full. 

There re is a limit to how much an owner can gift a club, thus huge sponsorship deals, naming rights and potentially shirt providor deal now. 

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a way of pumping cash in without it being considered a loss. 

The people running the club (Palmer/Chansiri) seem fairly switched on, I'd not know enough to question their logic. 

Can't believe nobody else suggested that in the thread.

Incredible thinking.