Box Prices Revealed

What most people don't grasp in the modern life, You can't afford it you don't have it. Stop being flash ten bob millionaires, the price is what it is, thank FFP for that so in essence, Stump up or shut up.

When it was lower priced and we were haemorrhaging money we never heard a peep

You don't have to be happy about it.  So much of modern football is just shitty.  A football club should be a source of identity and pride for the local community, a resource with strong local roots.  It shouldn't have to rely on a revolving door of random foreign billionaires looking to buy some prestige or legitimacy in the west or just an expensive toy in order to survive.  It shouldn't have to worry about changing the colour of it's shirts or the animal on it'so badge so it can more successfully export them to China just so it can afford enough millionaire playboy players to maybe cameo for a season or two in the Premier League.  And it shouldn't have to screw over local fans and businesses in favour of perhaps maybe attracting some more lucrative richer 'real investors' with no ties to the club.

That's the world we live in and perhaps the massive burst bubble that a lot of people have been vaguely hoping for will never come - but people are allowed to be unhappy about the way things are.

You don't have to be happy about it.  So much of modern football is just shitty.  A football club should be a source of identity and pride for the local community, a resource with strong local roots.  It shouldn't have to rely on a revolving door of random foreign billionaires looking to buy some prestige or legitimacy in the west or just an expensive toy in order to survive.  It shouldn't have to worry about changing the colour of it's shirts or the animal on it'so badge so it can more successfully export them to China just so it can afford enough millionaire playboy players to maybe cameo for a season or two in the Premier League.  And it shouldn't have to screw over local fans and businesses in favour of perhaps maybe attracting some more lucrative richer 'real investors' with no ties to the club.

That's the world we live in and perhaps the massive burst bubble that a lot of people have been vaguely hoping for will never come - but people are allowed to be unhappy about the way things are.

Good post, unfortunately that is today's football, it's been around a few years now. 

Look how we were with the local businessmen in charge. It nearly killed us. 

To compete this is how it has to be, I would love nothing more than a Wednesday fan with billions to be in charge but that won't happen anytime soon. 

Guest Deleted member

Eh? Up by approximately 14.5%

Last season £23k

Next season £40k

No idea what the percentage is but it's not what you said

Guest Ash76

Fair enough, in that time I'd guess my ST has gone up about 40%

Think it was £405 in Mandaric's final season, £550 next I believe

My point remains however that someone spending over 30k on football a year is more 'alright' than me 

Edited by Ash76

Sheffield isn't London.

A match isn't a night out.

The facilities aren't premium.

The food is poor.

The price before the raises wasn't cheap on any fair comparable basis.

Until "Mr C" finds these mystery men, half the boxes are earning less than a seat behind a post on the Kop.

Don't go into business, you (just like me) haven't got a clue as to the profitability of said boxes, it's easy to be a busy fool just to fill them, it maybe better to run them empty, for example are Lindlays (or whatever they're called) doing the catering? and if so what are they charging the club? - for all we know they could be charging £100 a head, then there's gas and electric, serving staff etc on top, it might just be more cost effective to keep them empty..

Not only that, if you set your prices at the top end of acceptable you always have room to wriggle and offer deals and lower your price, if you are giving them away too cheap so they're full you can't then put your price up, basic business economics I'm afraid...

Guest Deleted member

Don't go into business, you (just like me) haven't got a clue as to the profitability of said boxes, it's easy to be a busy fool just to fill them, it maybe better to run them empty, for example are Lindlays (or whatever they're called) doing the catering? and if so what are they charging the club? - for all we know they could be charging £100 a head, then there's gas and electric, serving staff etc on top, it might just be more cost effective to keep them empty..

Not only that, if you set your prices at the top end of acceptable you always have room to wriggle and offer deals and lower your price, if you are giving them away too cheap so they're full you can't then put your price up, basic business economics I'm afraid...

I set out all the pricing in great detail a while ago. Can't be arsed to find the thread 

Needless to say the profit per head when all costs were taken into consideration showed a very large margin even at  £23k a season 

Guest Deleted member

I did find this - which is a comparison of pricing at other Championship grounds this season

Derby County - £26,500.00 for 10 people

·         Four course menu

·         Executive balcony match view padded seats

·         Premium reserved parking

·         Access to the suite three hours before kick-off and one hour after the final whistle

·         Dedicated member of waiting personnel

·         Complimentary teamsheet and matchday programme

·         Licensed betting facilities

·         Satellite LCD TV including live match feed

Forest - £21,000 for 8 people

- Champagne reception (served up to one-and-a-half hours before kick-off)

- Access to Munich and Madrid bars

- Two-course meal

- Eight seats in private executive box

- Forest legend as host

- Half-time interview with former player

- Matchday programme and teamsheet

- Two hospitality car parking spaces

- Betting facilities

Leeds Utd - £22,000 for 12 people

• Private Hospitality Box for up to 12 guests
• Three course choice menu
• Private balcony seating area 
• Padded match seats - including wheelchair position
• Dedicated waitress service throughout the day
• Matchday betting service provided directly to your Hospitality Box courtesy of Coral

Blackburn Rovers - £21500 for 10 people

Welcome Drink on Arrival 

Inside Viewing or Open Balcony (limited availability) 

One or Three-Course Menu 

Half-time Refreshments

Licensed Pay Bar

Betting Facilities

Match Programme & Team Sheet 

One Car Parking Space for every Four Guests

Dedicated Waiter/Waitress

Birmingham City - £10,500 for 10 people (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

• Entertain between 10 to 20 guests in your own private facility
  • Option to pre-order from our matchday menu with dedicated waiter/waitress service
  • Birmingham City host on hand throughout the day
  • TV screen within the box showing a live feed of the game and access to Satellite TV
  • Matchday programme for each guest
  • Access to the Alex Govan Bar throughout the day
  • Opportunity to purchase food upon booking or on the day

Huddersfield Town - £7500 (doesnt inc food - but that is optional)

Executive box ownership also includes many other superb benefits, including:

• Padded seating at the front of your box on the outside balcony, allowing you to soak up the atmosphere
• Your very own en-suite facilities so you don’t have to miss a minute of the action!
• A 10’ advertising board below the external seats
• A door plaque featuring the name of your party or company
• Dedicated waitress and bar service
• Colour TV with terrestrial and satellite channels
• Use of your box for external meetings during the week
• Option to purchase food at an additional cost
• Priority on away tickets, delivered to your box

I'd take the old captains posts with a pinch of salt.

Refuses to pay £30-£40 for a ticket for himself for a single match in an entire season, but spends £40k taking others on a night out in London...

The question obviously has to be, why isn't he spunking that £40k on Wednesday if it's such a reasonable offer.

Simple really, shame you're so perocial and narrow minded.

It wasn't my money I was spending! - I've never refused to spend my money on our gate fee, I have said I understand how some of our fans could find it difficult, anybody standing by principles to support those less able shouldn't have it used as a stick against them..

If our club has to go forward into the "modern" era we have to recognise the business side of it, we as fans contribute less and less directly into our club, boxes are traditionally for business to entertain their guests be that Sheffield, London, Bolton, or Coventry etc..

The main reason I don't go to as many games as I would like is predominantly down to health reasons, give me close parking and seats with decent leg room and I'd be there more often...

Guest Deleted member

Simple really, shame you're so perocial and narrow minded.

It wasn't my money I was spending! - I've never refused to spend my money on our gate fee, I have said I understand how some of our fans could find it difficult, anybody standing by principles to support those less able shouldn't have it used as a stick against them..

If our club has to go forward into the "modern" era we have to recognise the business side of it, we as fans contribute less and less directly into our club, boxes are traditionally for business to entertain their guests be that Sheffield, London, Bolton, or Coventry etc..

The main reason I don't go to as many games as I would like is predominantly down to health reasons, give me close parking and seats with decent leg room and I'd be there more often...

You  consistently berated the club over ticket prices for POTG earlier in the season and specificallly said this was why you werent attending

I set out all the pricing in great detail a while ago. Can't be arsed to find the thread 

Needless to say the profit per head when all costs were taken into consideration showed a very large margin even at  £23k a season 

Just how do you know what the "actual" and up to date cost's are?, you may have made some assumptions but I suspect you haven't been near the true facts for some time.

For my sins I was designated host for the international Telecoms company that I worked for, for about five years. I left them in 2001. Even back then prices were extortionate. A day at Lords in a 6 person box for instance would cost £3,000. It included lunch and a drinks cabinet and rather uncomfortable seats.

The SWFC boxes I think hold 6 people so that works out at £290 per person per match (based on £40,000 for the season of 23 home games.). In terms of corporate hostility (Delib.) that's not a lot. I think that the take up issue is because companies like to spread their corporate hospitality around more these days. Instead of having 23 events at SWFC they are more likely to have 23 different events to cater for varying tastes.

SWFC should try selling them on a match by match basis during the closed season. This would enable them to secure resources to service them (food etc.) in advance at the best rate. They should start by approaching companies who sponsor our opponents for the specific game, could get joy there.(they might even find that they could get more than £40,000 per box per season if they get the package and offer right.)

Etc.

Edited by mark1948

All economic activity that turns a profit for the club should be applauded.

But to suggest that corporate income would subsidise match day prices is laughable.

The player's wages have easily outstripped what can be raised by corporate and normal ticket income.

It's income, for sure, but pis*ing in the wind.

Guest Deleted member

Just how do you know what the "actual" and up to date cost's are?, you may have made some assumptions but I suspect you haven't been near the true facts for some time.

I was in possession of the actual costings when I gave the information

Guest Deleted member

For my sins I was designated host for the international Telecoms company that I worked for, for about five years. I left them in 2001. Even back then prices were extortionate. A day at Lords in a 6 person box for instance would cost £3,000. It included lunch and a drinks cabinet and rather uncomfortable seats.

The SWFC boxes I think hold 6 people so that works out at £290 per person per match (based on £40,000 for the season of 23 home games.). In terms of corporate hostility (Delib.) that's not a lot. I think that the take up issue is because companies like to spread their corporate hospitality around more these days. Instead of having 23 events at SWFC they are more likely to have 23 different events to cater for varying tastes.

SWFC should try selling them on a match by match basis during the closed season. This would enable them to secure resources to service them (food etc.) in advance at the best rate. They should start by approaching companies who sponsor our opponents for the specific game, could get joy there.

Etc.

Match by match is around £4k a game