David Hirst resigns from Sheffield Wednesday

As ever it is very likely to be all about money.

Perhaps we should remember that David Hirst played before the real big money came into the game and he now sees an opportunity to grab a piece of it. He knows from his own experiences that young George his only an injury away from that opportunity disappearing and therefore he is trying to secure a (relatively) big money contract now.

We may not like it but I suspect a lot of us would try to do the same.

Let's be clear, David never has been and never will be a supporter. His match day role consisted of him floating from box to box nailing booze. He never watches one minute of the game, the last corporate game I went to he upset one of our group with his 'I couldn't give a bobbar I'm only here cos they pay me' line.

He was my boyhood hero, and still is but he never was a fan. That's the top and bottom of it.

Have no doubt if a chance came to move George on and significantly increase his income David would not think twice about it.

Let's be clear, David never has been and never will be a supporter. His match day role consisted of him floating from box to box nailing booze. He never watches one minute of the game, the last corporate game I went to he upset one of our group with his 'I couldn't give a bobbar I'm only here cos they pay me' line.

He was my boyhood hero, and still is but he never was a fan. That's the top and bottom of it.

Have no doubt if a chance came to move George on and significantly increase his income David would not think twice about it.

Disappointing. 

Both he and George watched the Hudds away game together - I know 'cos I was sat behind him and spoke to him before and after the game in the Ray Wilson lounge .

You may be right about wanting the best for his lad though - any body would .

Well, George is under contract, and he doesn't have the player power to force a move, so I'm choosing not to stress about it. And, like I say, I think it's perfectly legitimate for David to work to maximise George's interests - and it makes sense for him not to be conflicted in that by also working for the club.

Basically, I don't think anybody is doing anything wrong.

good point...

Have had similar experiences myself. He's not a fan. Not a dig because he doesn't have to be so lets not claim that he is one.

Legend on the pitch though, off it i'm not so sure.

If chansiri lets G Hirst go to ANY other club it will be the stoopidist mistake since letting the legend ERIC CANTONA go to scumland cos tricky trev never saw him play on grass. DOH!                                                                                                                                          Our club which we love is sadly the biggest joke in the championship and something needs to be done FAST!

3 minutes ago, attyjake said:

If chansiri lets G Hirst go to ANY other club it will be the stoopidist mistake since letting the legend ERIC CANTONA go to scumland cos tricky trev never saw him play on grass. DOH!                                                                                                                                          Our club which we love is sadly the biggest joke in the championship and something needs to be done FAST!

Where do I start...never mind got to Stoopidist and thought feckit...It's too late to be teaching English especially after a few glasses of pinot grigio

On 16/11/2017 at 22:01, Shetland Owl said:

Once he is out of contract he will be free to leave, we have offered him a new contract recently and turned that down. What else can the club do, they can only do so much.

get a shirt on his back for the fa cup game, get his arse off the bench, and let's see what the fuss is about.

Guest addedtime
11 minutes ago, dnhc said:

get a shirt on his back for the fa cup game, get his arse off the bench, and let's see what the fuss is about.

Exactly. It will sort the men from the boys one way or the other. One or other party will get the message. Either he's worth the money and we stump up, or he realises he "isn't all that" just yet, and maybe backs down a little.