David Hirst resigns from Sheffield Wednesday

I was told it was a permanent deal but the fee and add one hadn't been sorted.

My source got told this around Christmas time by someone who's usually spot on with all things Barnsley.

I'm hoping that things have changed since then what with young Hirstys stock rising all the time but you could see how it could potentially be a good move for George as he would be moving to a club where he would have a better chance of making the first team (he's at least 6th choice here) and that has a history of developing young players and selling them on for huge profit.

I really hope this is wrong and we keep GH and maybe just loan him out somewhere.

No chance.

If he's going anywhere permanently it will be to a Prem club with rumoured interest from Everton and Arsenal. 

Really can't see him going to Barnsley on a permanent move. Loan maybe, although the pressure due to his surname won't be any less there. If he's going anywhere I can't see beyond Everton or arsenal, personally. 

A Prem club came in after GH signed his improved deal with us. They offered a fee  and to substantially increase his wages. Substantially. It's a messy situation with Doyen Sports involved as well. Hirst Snr wasn't happy with the Chairman let's just leave it at that. 

A Prem club came in after GH signed his improved deal with us. They offered a fee  and to substantially increase his wages. Substantially. It's a messy situation with Doyen Sports involved as well. Hirst Snr wasn't happy with the Chairman let's just leave it at that. 

Yeah let's hint at being ITK but then "leave it at that".

Can't see that being an problem.

lol

As I'm sure the Chairman wasn't happy with the fee offered to us, so with all due respect to David Hirst it's not up to him. 

Hirst Junior is our player and unless a club offers the going rate for a player of his potential they can foook off, even if that means it upsets David Hirst. 

I think the more sensible speculation I'd that he's being professional and avoiding a conflict of interest. I think it's perfectly natural and OK to speculate, but why have so many got to do a Spinal Tap and turn it up to 11?

I'm afraid it's probably more than that. Having seen the rumours on here in the past couple of weeks someone who knows David told me last week that he has completely fell out with the Chairman over the treatment of his son.

We then saw him after the game on Saturday, a friend of mine had his picture took with him and asked him what he thought would happen for the season and his response was along the lines of he really wasn't that bothered.

I don't know whether the fall out is due to what Wednesday are offering George, what he wants to be offered or whether we are refusing to sell him on to someone who has made him a lucrative offer but the sense around questions about the Hirst's at the steering group meeting seem to suggest that the fall out is true.

I would love to see young George playing in the first team for us in the premier league, and I would to see his dad sitting in the stand watching him.  That would be everyone happy.

David Hirst deserves the respect and appreciation of all Owls supporters, whatever their age.

Thanks a million Dave.

As I'm sure the Chairman wasn't happy with the fee offered to us, so with all due respect to David Hirst it's not up to him. 

Hirst Junior is our player and unless a club offers the going rate for a player of his potential they can foook off, even if that means it upsets David Hirst. 

Sadly I have to agree as David Hirst is one of my all time hero's.

If it was any other father then we would be banging on about that he has to toe the line.  Just because Hirst junior has a famous dad it doesn't mean that he can be treated differently. (not that I'm saying that he's asking to be treated differently)

I do accept that DH wants what he thinks is best for his son and that he is best placed to advise him.

A bad situation all the way around.

Yes I fully agree.

Maybe it's just a case of Wednesday valuing Hirst at £3m/£4m and the Hirst 'team' are asking for wages in line with such a valuation. If other clubs are offering such money, the situation could get toxic. 

Difficult to argue against such a wage request, and it will interesting to see what kind of clauses, if any, we have in the contract.