David Hirst resigns from Sheffield Wednesday

To be fair if he went he would be absolutely worshiped by them lot

First bloke many of them will have seen with only 5 fingers on each hand

Thought most of them had 5, I've only got 4 on each.

I know there are several rumours but it is time to put this to bed with facts.

Hirsty had hidden a Razzle and 4 can of Hofmeister in a Netto 'bag for life' in some brambles near the training ground.

Only turns out it went missing and he saw Carlos with a silly grin on his face and a bulge in his trackie bottoms.

He confronted Carlos who claimed not to speak English.

Hirsty took it to the top and spoke to DC and he backed Carlos.

Hirsty felt his position was unteniable and resigned.

#bringbacktherazzle

#lifemeanslife

#justicefordave

I know there are several rumours but it is time to put this to bed with facts.

Hirsty had hidden a Razzle and 4 can of Hofmeister in a Netto 'bag for life' in some brambles near the training ground.

Only turns out it went missing and he saw Carlos with a silly grin on his face and a bulge in his trackie bottoms.

He confronted Carlos who claimed not to speak English.

Hirsty took it to the top and spoke to DC and he backed Carlos.

Hirsty felt his position was unteniable and resigned.

#bringbacktherazzle

#lifemeanslife

#justicefordave

Think you are confusing him with Sean Bean!

the saying goes, 'never meet your heroes'...

tbh hirsty came over as a REIGHT stroker when i met him so i dont think he is a great loss.

I've met him away from Hillsborough and he doesn't seem the same Jokey hirsty people know from match days and evenings with.

Bit quieter and doesn't seem as approachable.

Where as megson is a funny guy and much easier to chat to openly about Wednesday. Even in the supermarket lol.

But people can't always be smiling and a rate laugh i suppose. I can be a miserable sod at times.

I think the more sensible speculation I'd that he's being professional and avoiding a conflict of interest. I think it's perfectly natural and OK to speculate, but why have so many got to do a Spinal Tap and turn it up to 11?

Because well 11 is louder than 10 innit!

Which bit of conflict of interest do you not understand...he can't work for the club and negotiate any contract for Gearge at the same time..it leaves him, the club and George open to any claims of wrong doing. To be fair he should have realised it before now as soon as he started to represent George

Although in practice it is easy for parents to be one step removed from the contract negotiations but still telling their son what to do (while hiring someone to run the negotiations). If that were the case then it's also a conflict of interest for Andy Rhodes to be on the coaching staff or any of the many father/son duo's in other clubs histories - the Frank Lampard's, Alex and Darren Ferguson, Brian and Nigel Clough. Plus Middlesborough with the Chairman's nephew being their best centre back. So no absolute need to resign.

I hope George Hirst develops into a top player but also it's not necessarily helpful having the 'Hirst' name as that has already raised expectations. Plenty of players are world-beaters at U18 level but don't make regular Premier League players. Steven Haslam used to captain Michael Owen in the England U18's, but only one of them went on to play for Real Madrid.

And I mentioned Haslam as he's a player we at least got to hear of, so was at least comparatively successful to plenty of others who never make the first team at all and drop out of the football league.