Would you take a point tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Royally pissed if we lose to the best team in the league?
Who're 18 points ahead of us?

Who've scored 22 goals more than us?

Who've spent more on players this season than we spent assembling our entire squad?

Managed by a guy who's wont the Champions Legaue, UEFA cup and La Liga (twice!)

Why on earth would you be 'royally pissed'? :D

....yes on all counts.

Mainly because I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan and long term ST holder who reserves the right to react in whatever way I please to a particular result.

Only difference is, if we do lose, I won't try and sell it as the apocalypse. I'll move on to the next fairly quickly (after I've finished being royally pissed off).

4 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Mainly because I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan and long term ST holder who reserves the right to react in whatever way I please to a particular result.

Not questioning your right to react how you want..

Just, for me at least, if we do lose it, it'll be the one that bothers me least of all the games we've lost this season.

In fact, it'd bother me less than the draw at Barnsley did.

Edited by cookeh

Newcastle are as good as it gets in this league, however not unbeatable and depending if we turn up more than their equal. If we set up to counter their strengths, anticipate a tight game and a draw....if we actually go out to try and win, have a good chance

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

Not questioning your right to react how you want..

Just, for me at least, if we do lose it, it'll be the one that bothers me least of all the games we've lost this season.

In fact, it'd bother me less than the draw at Barnsley did.

I know they're a good side but the main annoyance will come from the fact (if we lose) that we can't seem to find any kind of winning form or consistency in arguably the most important time in our club's recent history.

A draw and I'll accept it as a point gained rather than 2 lost, a win and I'll be ecstatic.

Trouble is, ordinarily we could have put this game down as the one game we can afford to lose

But by not beating the teams we should have, Burton, Barnsley etc, we've put ourselves in a position where we need to get a result from teams like Newcastle, hopefully we turn up in the same mood as the Norwich game.

Newcastle have the best all-round players in the division, so defeat is always likely against them, whoever you are. Yet they play the type of football which Carlos understands, so we have some hope. We'll always have a chance against teams which play open, attacking football; teams who believe they can beat us without making special provision for us.

Far more worrying for me are the games against Cardiff, Durby and Epswech. If we take three points from those three games we'll have done well. If we beat Newcastle tomorrow, then lose to Colinho, it really wouldn't be a surprise. The reason I wanted a managerial change was as an attempt to thwart Warnock and McCarhy, you know, confound them with new tactics. But it was not to be, clangers were dropped, and golden opportunities wasted.

I think Carlos should come on Owlstalk and decide what to do based on this thread.

As others have said, Newcastle have kicked on since we beat them, we havent really.

Carlos will say hes playing to win but honestly I expect lots of passing across the half way line.

A point will be good but Newcastle away form is too good to ignore.

I'm hoping Brighton win tonight. That should make Newcastle more open as they will want to attack us for the win and hopefully suit our play better.

However, in answer to the opening post, I'd take a boring nil nil.