Would you take a point tomorrow?

16 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

The amount of threads in which week in week out our fans would take a point staggers me. If our players had the defeatist mentality of some of our fans who are happy with mediocrity we'd finish every season with 46 points!

If we stay sixth, the coach and the players will be happy with a point..it's just being realistic.

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If we stay sixth, the coach and the players will be happy with a point..it's just being realistic.

Its not so much this match but a few emailed I saw it were Barnsley away, Bristol city away, both who were in shocking form. Then games like Blackburn and Wigan at home. People saying tricky games and would take a point.

Most games in this league are a potential banana skin, but we should have the quality to be anyone. There had not been one game this season prior to kick off i'd take a point from and that won't change unless a point secures a playoff spot 

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Its not so much this match but a few emailed I saw it were Barnsley away, Bristol city away, both who were in shocking form. Then games like Blackburn and Wigan at home. People saying tricky games and would take a point.

Most games in this league are a potential banana skin, but we should have the quality to be anyone. There had not been one game this season prior to kick off i'd take a point from and that won't change unless a point secures a playoff spot 

It's all about the numbers at this late stage Jonesy..admire your spirit tho.

We've got to try and stay unbeaten until the end of the season. If we do I'm confident we'll amass enough points to finish in the Top 6. Personally I think Tuesday Night will be the catylyst for Steven Fletcher to show everyone that he's a premier league player playing in the championship.

I don't think it's defeatist to say that a point would be an acceptable result against top of the league. But we do have the quality to go out there and beat Newcastle, as we have indeed shown this season already.

IMO we'll need 4 wins out of 6, including beating Fulham on the last day of the season, to get playoffs. I think the most likely games to drop points in these last 6 will be Newcastle and Derby, and I personally won't be shocked if we don't beat Newcastle, as they are actually quite good.

That said, of course I'd love to win, 18/18 would be ideal. And I guess to harp what someone said earlier on, 'play for three points and settle for one, play for a point and settle for none.' So Carlos, if you're reading this, go for the win. We'll all be reyt happy if you do, like.

4 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I do not get that logic, a loss is a loss (of course of course! :stuwinky:), might be just me but I fv.ckin hate losing, even more so against fat bellied Jimmy Nail lovin inbreds like that lot!

I'm not a fan of losing either, but I can accept it when we're outclassed.

Fact is Newcastle have a bigger budget, better players and a better manager than us.

If we lose, it's not a massive surprise and they've beaten the team around us so it's not like we're dropping points in term of the league.

As for the Barnsley draw.. (1) it's Barnsley.

(2) It's also a game we need to be winning and we didn't show up. They had more possession, they had more corners, they had more shots on target.

(3) We somehow managed to be leading and couldn't shut up shop. 93rd minute sucker punch cos Lees couldn't be bothered to mark his man.

(4) Against the top 7 (so down to Fulham) Barnsely have been rubbish. 1 win, 3 draws, 9 lost (likely 10 as their remaining game is Newcastle away). So we're dropping points against a team that our rivals are taking points from.

Tbh the Barnsley result pretty much left me feeling like we're done for the season and we're not going up, even if we do make the playoffs. On the back of 2 defeats.. no reaction. A derby game.. no reaction. Knowing the Fulham were at Rotherham, would almost certainly get 3 points and could overtake us.. no reaction. I don't know how we beat Norwich 5-1, I really don't. We don't seem to be able to lift ourselves when we need to, we're not putting in the same work off the ball that we did last season, I can't even see us getting thru the playoff semi at this point.

We're sorely lacking focus, right at the point in the season when we need it the most. I really hope we find it against Newcastle.

i would defo take a point as long as we beat Cardiff next Friday. what worries me is loovens if we play an attacking line up we will get caught on break and loovens legs aint going to be quick enough , might not be that shocked if sasso plays .I was was at Rotherham and loovens was struggling 2nd half against that garbage against gayle etc id be a bit worried.