Has David Hirst stormed out?

3 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

He's had enough of people like (mainly) nuhui making the bench when he feels it's time his lad was there. He's pi$$ed off with what he feels are very poor players getting above what should be the future of the club instead of the poor past. Plus about 8 prem clubs want him and want to use the elites finest to get him up to the next level, rather than some has been/never been players.

only what he was saying in the golf club the other week.

oh and he thinks our chairman has no respect for him, the past players/current staff or the fans. Only passing on what I've been told. Don't shoot the messenger, we'll do what you like I ain't bothered. But gutted if we never get to see the true potential of this lad because of some very average striker or two 

In fairness though, there aren't many players other than Nuhiu he could realistically dislodge regularly at present and that will only get worse the higher he goes.  The one thing Nuhiu has over him is about 2/3 stone in weight which does make a difference.

Taking a step back from it he's what 17/18 and has featured twice for the first team which is positive. I always envisioned him getting more game time next year. I think if there is any fall out it will be over cash, because he won't be guaranteed first team opportunities right now anywhere upward of here.

Whether there is truth in the rumours or not, we know that Hirst Snr said in an interview once that he regretted not leaving us for Man Utd.  It's therefore not a huge leap of faith to imagine he'd advise Hirst Jnr to grab whatever opportunity comes up from the big guns.

And, probably, rightly so.  If Arsenal, or even Everton (with their record of giving youngsters a chance in the Premier League), are genuinely in for him, we'll do well to get through the summer with him still here.  I guess the key is that we are now in a position to negotiate a strong deal.

On 10/03/2017 at 14:28, Ante's Bubbly said:

Sorry for not posting sooner, but I forgot about this until I watched the Biggs/Haslam interview, where they discussed the possibility of George maybe signing an extended contract to kill off the rumours about Everton, Arsenal et cetera, being interested in signing him. 

At the match on Tuesday, a bloke in front of us was telling somebody that a rumour was going around about David Hirst leaving the club under a cloud. Usually because this bloke has contacts in the game through another club, the stories have either come to light at a later date or equally nothing more has been heard of them. Now, the the things he tells us are never usually that dramatic, but I just wondered if anybody had heard anything about David Hirst and whether he is still working with the club, whether there had been a bust up and what it was about. The bloke who was telling us this, was only surmising that it may have been something to do with the suitors coming in for George, but Biggsy reckons that at least Everton's interest is genuine.

Anybody ITK about this, or is it just an unfounded rumour? 

Seems like this happened and Sir David Hirst no longer works for SWFC. 

Guest RocketOwl

Probably left to let his son have a fair crack the whip without people insinuating he's only getting chances because of his dad.

2 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

No sign of Hirsty in corporate on Saturday.

Imre Varadi had been drafted in for pre match thoughts about the game....

Perhaps cos' were playing on Friday...never mind a bit of FUD never hurts eh lol 

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

I couldn't believe the applause for Varadi on Saturday when he did the half time draw. Wasn't he the shyster that talked Wood into handing in a transfer request?

think so

good player

but I detest agents and all they and sky have done to the game