Has David Hirst stormed out?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

He's behind Rhodes, hooper and Fernando, even if he comes good.

There's still fletcher and winnall on the books, with nuhiu also making the bench ahead of him.

I have high hopes for the lad, but is he likely to get enough game time here? Probably not, he should have been sent out on loan this season.

Should be ahead of Nuhiu, no wonder David his pi55ed

56 minutes ago, Holmes said:

From what I seen of him, admittedly only snippets from Youtube, I have seen nothing to sit up and think WOW what a player, looks a typical British player, no real technical skill.  Relies on height, strength and speed, which is no bad thing.

Willing to be blown out of the water by fans who have seen him play.  What're his positive attributes?  

Scoring goals

58 minutes ago, Holmes said:

From what I seen of him, admittedly only snippets from Youtube, I have seen nothing to sit up and think WOW what a player, looks a typical British player, no real technical skill.  Relies on height, strength and speed, which is no bad thing.

Willing to be blown out of the water by fans who have seen him play.  What're his positive attributes?  

Got two good feet, good header of the ball, reads the game well ,makes intelligent runs off the ball and not afraid to miss...pretty much what you need as a striker...only thing he lacks is some experience which he will get next season when he goes out on loan

On 28/04/2017 at 11:35, malek said:

How we got 250k from Luton for always injured Drew Talbot I still don't know ?!

Wednesday got nothing from the agreed £250k for Drew Talbot because of Luton going into administration.

He went for nothing unfortunately, however he did help us out of that nasty division at Cardiff.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

Apart from being technically good in the air, ability to dribble, awareness on the pitch to make the space for himself, the awareness to attack a position the ball hasn't yet been put into, a good left foot shot, a good right foot shot (I'm still not sure which side he favours!) and also something I never saw in his father, the ability to be a good target to lay off the ball.   Whilst he lacks Hirst Snr's aggression, he does seem to have the same vision to bring others into the equation.  

I could see Hirst Junior actually becoming a winger in time he is that good with his passing and vision.

Apart from that I see nothing either.   Let's release him.

1 minute ago, salmonbones said:

Apart from being technically good in the air, ability to dribble, awareness on the pitch to make the space for himself, the awareness to attack a position the ball hasn't yet been put into, a good left foot shot, a good right foot shot (I'm still not sure which side he favours!) and also something I never saw in his father, the ability to be a good target to lay off the ball.   Whilst he lacks Hirst Snr's aggression, he does seem to have the same vision to bring others into the equation.  

I could see Hirst Junior actually becoming a winger in time he is that good with his passing and vision.

Apart from that I see nothing either.   Let's release him.

I bow to your superior knowledge of him. Let's keep him.

Just now, Holmes said:

I bow to your superior knowledge of him. Let's keep him.

Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple.

If Wednesday were an Ipswich, he'd have had some game time for us like Dozell this season.

I think he's been got to, and wants a move because we aren't good enough for his ambitions.   

I disagree on both counts, I think Wednesday are good enough for his ambitions, but equally I also think a natural talent that has cost nothing other than wages should be given a better shot from the bench when the situation has allowed.   

I hope i'm wrong but I think this kid is off to try to get where he wants to be.

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple.

If Wednesday were an Ipswich, he'd have had some game time for us like Dozell this season.

I think he's been got to, and wants a move because we aren't good enough for his ambitions.   

I disagree on both counts, I think Wednesday are good enough for his ambitions, but equally I also think a natural talent that has cost nothing other than wages should be given a better shot from the bench when the situation has allowed.   

He will cost more than wages - and a new contract offer would be substantial in order to protect his value.

its a difficult judgement call - sell if a decent offer comes in to get a guaranteed sum and a future sell on clause

or gamble that he will go on to be another Harry Kane

its a conundrum because football is littered with "the next best thing" who just stopped developing and didn't go close to fulfilling potential

29 minutes ago, scram said:

He will cost more than wages - and a new contract offer would be substantial in order to protect his value.

its a difficult judgement call - sell if a decent offer comes in to get a guaranteed sum and a future sell on clause

or gamble that he will go on to be another Harry Kane

its a conundrum because football is littered with "the next best thing" who just stopped developing and didn't go close to fulfilling potential

Don't disagree, but as a gamble - it's still cheaper to offer contract above what Wednesday would like to then buy say - a Stevie May who was also a gamble - just not as long a term a gamble as home grown talent.