Has David Hirst stormed out?

10 hours ago, ash60s said:

talking to peter kay earlier he reckons George Hirst is the future (bludy hope so cos we haven't had a dam good young prospect like him)

needs to be 1st team squad next season whether we in prem or not - shift the old stale strikers out

Which one of Rhodes, nando, winnall, hooper or fletcher do you see as a) stale, and b) making way for Hirst? 

He's also behind big dave in the pecking order, judging by lineups

Can't see anything in this, not sure why a rumour with zero facts results in so many emotional posts?

Can also confirm no academy player is tied down for 6 year contracts. Ketchup comes from u18s coaching team

19 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

I'm all in favour of the club protecting it's interests, but a footballers carreer is short and having to wait until age 24 to gain contract freedom is draconian at best and slavery at worst.

I appreciate that it was probably just a throw away comment not meant to be taken in that context but I'm sorry its nothing like slavery at all and its very poor form to use as a comparison.

6 hours ago, Miffed said:

I appreciate that it was probably just a throw away comment not meant to be taken in that context but I'm sorry its nothing like slavery at all and its very poor form to use as a comparison.

If you appreciate that it was 'just a throw away comment', why bother making a meal out of my posts, two negatives, one for defending myself against a keyboard warrior, I reckon that I'll give it a miss if I offend folk that much.

Don't forget to give this post a negative.

1 minute ago, optimisticowl said:

If you appreciate that it was 'just a throw away comment', why bother making a meal out of my posts, two negatives, one for defending myself against a keyboard warrior, I reckon that I'll give it a miss if I offend folk that much.

Don't forget to give this post a negative.

You've missed a key word from my post and that is the word "probably". If you are going to quote me at least do it in full.

On 10/03/2017 at 21:08, scram said:

Never heard of either a rolling contract for a player nor a 6 year contract for an 18 year old academy player

Plenty of contracts with options - in either favour - but thats usually an extra year tacked on to a 2-3 year deal

Unless its an eye watering deal its not in the players interests - and the club takes on a big risk with a big contract for a young player

I'd be amazed if we have any 18yr olds tied down to age 24

I can't remember any 17/18 Year old getting more than a three year contract.Hirst signed pro Mar 2016 til end of 17/18 season so even he only got 2 years and this season he is still technically a second year scholar.

Edited by Etchesketch

He's had enough of people like (mainly) nuhui making the bench when he feels it's time his lad was there. He's pi$$ed off with what he feels are very poor players getting above what should be the future of the club instead of the poor past. Plus about 8 prem clubs want him and want to use the elites finest to get him up to the next level, rather than some has been/never been players.

only what he was saying in the golf club the other week.

oh and he thinks our chairman has no respect for him, the past players/current staff or the fans. Only passing on what I've been told. Don't shoot the messenger, we'll do what you like I ain't bothered. But gutted if we never get to see the true potential of this lad because of some very average striker or two 

13 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

He's had enough of people like (mainly) nuhui making the bench when he feels it's time his lad was there. He's pi$$ed off with what he feels are very poor players getting above what should be the future of the club instead of the poor past. Plus about 8 prem clubs want him and want to use the elites finest to get him up to the next level, rather than some has been/never been players.

only what he was saying in the golf club the other week.

oh and he thinks our chairman has no respect for him, the past players/current staff or the fans. Only passing on what I've been told. Don't shoot the messenger, we'll do what you like I ain't bothered. But gutted if we never get to see the true potential of this lad because of some very average striker or two 

If anyone remembers Hirsty in his last couple of years playing for us, he was always the only (or close to only) pro who clapped the young players round the pitch on the last day, and you could see he really meant it.   So my bold, it's not just his kid in my eyes, he does care about youth coming through full stop.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest RocketOwl
14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You've made some critical comments about Rhodes on OT but you are still around. 

Last time I checked I wasn't employed by the club. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I didnt say you were. I am sure you could get a job as JR's mental coach. :picnic:

You are sooo predictable with your negs. Heres another you can neg. 

Do you mean psychologist. 

54 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

If anyone remembers Hirsty in his last couple of years playing for us, he was always the only (or close to only) pro who clapped the young players round the pitch on the last day, and you could see he really meant it.   So my bold, it's not just his kid in my eyes, he does care about youth coming through full stop.

Very true. We seem to have some talent in the youth yet there's no chance for even making them bench. When quite frankly our bench has been awful the last few weeks and there's spare for all those subs. Take nuhui and fletcher. Cc always throws fletcher on. Never going to put nuhui on when fletcher is the sub forward. So why not give afew youth players a chance of the match squad experience more. 

15 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

Georgey Hirst wants 10k a week, that's coming from a current u23 player who is a friend of a friend, only passing on what I was told & it all kinda adds up now I've glanced through this thread 

That's quite a statement, and one I imagine could be quoted in a defamation case.