Has David Hirst stormed out?

Guest wilyfox

True or not, I bet Hirst Snr will make damn sure Georgie doesn't regret not making a big move the way daddy does. 

29 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

If I was that lad and Everton were in for me,  i'd be telling my dad and agent to get me there ASAP. He'll get a fair crack there if he's good enough.

Hopefully he'll get a fair crack here when he's deemed good enough

Only recently turned 18, so a long way to go for Hirst yet. He's obviously not anywhere near the first team yet, especially with the striking options we have. Would next season be too early to send him out on loan? Everton seem to have a policy of pushing youngsters through to the first team at the moment, so as crazy as it sounds he might have more chance of getting some first team experience there. With our ambitions focused entirely on promotion at this stage its not something that is currently at the top of our agenda. When a club is spending a lot of money irrespective of their division it isn't good news for the youth players.

Hope we hold on to him.

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Good on the club if that's the case, in years gone by we'd have lubed up, accepted a good bashing and thanked the other club for going hard on us!

Fv.ck whatever anybody else thinks, if he is gonna go, squeeze every last penny out of him, we've been fv.cked over too many times, DC is in charge and means business, about time we grew a pair!

im with you F 'em!

30 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I shan't say much and won't quote anyone by name. I'm guessing that it's the very weird rolling contact that the home grown trainees are on that has sparked something off. SWFC have them handcuffed until they reach the age of 24, if any offers are received for one of our youngsters then the club either rejects it out of hand or slaps a ridiculously high transfer fee on the player.  A premier league club has been refused permission to even speak to one player, and another can't go out on loan despite several good offers from decent clubs. 

I'm all in favour of the club protecting it's interests, but a footballers carreer is short and having to wait until age 24 to gain contract freedom is draconian at best and slavery at worst.

So, effectively the club offers an 18 year old (or younger) an open ended or rolling contract on their terms to prevent players being poached but said players can be release without notice should the club not rate them anymore. 

Been involved in academies a long time and never come across that before and I also don't know many players representatives or parents who would go for it either. Maybe one Scram can offer his thoughts on.

Everton are giving their young players chances at the moment under Koeman. What if he goes this summer, they might get a manager who wants more experience and young players might be left out. Lad might want a nice fat pay day but we should squeeze anyone who wants our players till it hurts with add ons galore. 

1 minute ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Everton are giving their young players chances at the moment under Koeman. What if he goes this summer, they might get a manager who wants more experience and young players might be left out. Lad might want a nice fat pay day but we should squeeze anyone who wants our players till it hurts with add ons galore. 

Maybe, but with the options we've got currently he's not getting anywhere near our first team in the near future either.

Interesting that someone else has mentioned this.

I was told about two weeks ago that David Hirst has been banned from the club due to asking for payments in regards to George.

I'm not claiming whether it's actually true or not, just saying what I, and obviously others have heard.

George Hirst is an adult. His dad will always be a legend, however George is a SWFC player and we decide his future while he is under contract.

It probably dont  help club staff when George's dad  is a club legend ,its bad enough having parents on the sidelines anyway.

He needs to let his son get on with his career, he can advise like any parent but at the end of the day its up to George & the club.

IF Hirst snr has walked out because of his son then its for the best,otherwise  it could only lead to resentment with other academy players.

Edited by Big Jack

26 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Surely they were happy to sign the contract at the time.

That's the trouble today with modern day footballers, as soon as a better offer comes along they want away. 

In most cases it's their parents who sign the original contract, as their child is not of the legal age to do so. Sure the kid would be honoured to be offered a contract by a club like Wednesday, however I'm not so sure about the one that they will be offered by a National League club at age 24, and what is so onerous in them going out on loan?

Now we're over the FF conspiracy, let's move on to young George Hirst....

Let's be honest, there have been ridiculous amounts of conspiracies around here all season. None of them have been substantiated.

All i know is young Hirst is still banging the goals in. 

7 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Think you need to research slavery pal ..... loving how anyone and everyone is having digs at the club about things they have no information about , it's all rumours and speculation yet to some morons it's factual. 

fools 

l'm neither your pal or a moron, if you find it difficult to post like an adult I suggest that you look for a kid's forum.