Has David Hirst stormed out?

2 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Is the 24 thing just arising from compensation being due for academy players up until they're 24 or something?

No, it's arising from the fact that Just Visiting is on the payroll of a rival club who has a reason to try to stir things up within the fanbase, but does so very poorly by trying to be a "friendly foe" on rival forums.

6 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

No, it's arising from the fact that Just Visiting is on the payroll of a rival club who has a reason to try to stir things up within the fanbase, but does so very poorly by trying to be a "friendly foe" on rival forums.

He's not bright enough to hold down a job

1 hour ago, Paul Triplo said:

Fek, some reyt lady like bitching going on on here.

Sometimes I don't think we are all Wednesday are we?

In other more relevant news about George - he banged in a hatrick this week, has had a great season and is developing in to a reyt prospect. Let's be happy about it.

UTO!

Stay a bit, and do a hell of a lot better than Everton in the future...

My cus and her hubby know the hirsts very very well...The last time i spoke to her (which was about 10 days ago ) She told me ther was more than 2 clubs after George...I  kow nothing about David leaving thou.... For me i think he will move in the summer if we dont go up ....

4 hours ago, Big Malc said:

However

I've stuck up for JV in the past only for him to show himself up as a snivelling little troll, so he can go fuuck himself.

Just Visiting is a harmless poster. He at least offers valid opinions and sticks his oar in a bit now and then. I think he makes OT more interesting.

2 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Just Visiting is a harmless poster. He at least offers valid opinions and sticks his oar in a bit now and then. I think he makes OT more interesting.

95% harmless.

Then, suddenly there is a brief agenda.   You blink and you miss it, but it's there.   Just quick enough to stir something up.

Like ISIS - mainly acting as a sleeper cell, and then BOOM.    (then goes quite, posts some inane crap for weeks and the cycle continues)

talking to peter kay earlier he reckons George Hirst is the future (bludy hope so cos we haven't had a dam good young prospect like him)

needs to be 1st team squad next season whether we in prem or not - shift the old stale strikers out

11 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

You obviously missed his performance in the Leeds thread in non-SWFC section.  1st class shithousery, and a coward to boot.

Guest mkowl

If there is anything in it then it sounds like a conflict of interest between his job and his family. Once that happens you have to declare it and move on 

8 hours ago, ash60s said:

talking to peter kay earlier he reckons George Hirst is the future (bludy hope so cos we haven't had a dam good young prospect like him)

needs to be 1st team squad next season whether we in prem or not - shift the old stale strikers out

Well if George is has successful as Peter Kays last tip for the future, Garlic Bread then we have some prospect on our hands.

27 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If there is anything in it then it sounds like a conflict of interest between his job and his family. Once that happens you have to declare it and move on 

Completely agree. Hopefully contract can be sorted and matters return to normal in due course. But for now he has to take a step back.

16 hours ago, g-owls said:

Interesting that someone else has mentioned this.

I was told about two weeks ago that David Hirst has been banned from the club due to asking for payments in regards to George.

I'm not claiming whether it's actually true or not, just saying what I, and obviously others have heard.

12 hours ago, southstand said:

Surprised it's took this long to make owlstalk

if anyone noticed George was missing from a few u18 games due to issues over his/ agent wage demands

it is understood David got involved and as a result was suspended from the club and told to stay away

hopefully things resolved Now George back playing 

Thank you g-owls & southstand, your replies fit in with what my wife just told me. She said the bloke in front said that David Hirst had left the club under a cloud and had been told to leave. Sorry, I missed that bit!

I am still not sure what to think and hopefully the club and David can make it up somehow. I would be very disappointed if a legend like David Hirst was going to leave the club because he feels that he is owed money for telling his son to stay with us. I am sure that there must be more to it than that. I find it hard to believe that he is so skint that he would sell his son to the highest bidder. Did David have to talk George out of leaving the club, or is there an ongoing situation where David is trying to keep George at Hillsborough, while other clubs are trying to offer him money to get George to sign for them?

If Carlos wants to keep hold of George he could pull a cheeky fast one and put George on the bench in one of the upcoming games in the place of somebody like say, Fletcher, who seems to have lost his way more and more as the season has gone on. It would be interesting to see how George would fit in with our forward players now that they have hit some better form, even if it is just for the last 15 or 20 minutes. We have only had a couple of players coming up through the ranks recently, that could realistically play in our first team. Let's not lose any of these players if we can help it, because they are our future and if we can give them a chance to show they are ready when the time is right, as long as it does not put the skids on us getting into the play offs, then surely that would benefit everybody?

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

11 hours ago, bluemagic said:

SWFC should hire Hirsty out for stud work, im sure the fanbase wouldnt mind having their lass giving birth to a young hirsty, pretty sure thats the way to build a stealla Wednesday youth academy.

A business idea is born. Lampard and Gerrard look pretty bored these days, Lineker can be bought and Owen will understand given his love of horses.

Lets get a premier stud farm going and save the English game in a way the Germans never thought of! 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

A business idea is born. Lampard and Gerrard look pretty bored these days, Lineker can be bought and Owen will understand given his love of horses.

Lets get a premier stud farm going and save the English game in a way the Germans never thought of! 

lol We would bugger it up and use Razor Ruddock , David Batty and Francis Jeffers.