You're the Manager - Team for Blackburn

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Never ever want to see Bannan LW.

You do understand how we play with our wide men coming in and opening the space for our full backs don't you? 

I agree with bannan left as a conventional winger but Carlos simply does not play that way he will always want bannan in his team and I think he might go with it 

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We have just enjoyed our best win and best home performance of the season.

Exactly the same XI must start.

FF knows Reach is breathing down his neck, and likely to replace him at HT if he is off colour again. That's a very healthy place for us to be.

This , but id play reach and let Fessi pick his toys up he threw out of the pram on friday .He has to learn its about the team , NOT Fernando Forrestieri 

Wwood

Hunt sasso loovy fox

Macca bannan hutch fessi

Rhodes winnall

Would move hutch to left cm to cover fessi a bit more.

Need macca in who is able to go on outside and stretch it as they will be narrow and defensive imo. 

Expect same team tho but hope he gets a chance to start soon and get match fitness or he'll just be another buckley despite having the potential to put it where hunt finally did regularly.

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Carlos has a few headaches for Tuesday. Lots of players deserve a start at the moment. However I was worried about the dynamic 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 formation on Friday and despite the result we were very lucky not to concede. I think it needs more work, so if I was the gaffer would revert to a more standard 4-4-2:

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Hutchinson

Fox

Reach

Abdi

Bannan

FF 

Winnall

Rhodes

That is the only way to accommodate Hutch, Reach, FF, and the two strikers which as far as I am concerned are undroppable. 

The only other change I would make is to drop Reach and put Wallace on. Reach is a bit of a super sub let's be honest and really offers a lot from the bench. 

What team would you start if you were Carlos? 

No player should be "undropable".

I would start with the same team as Friday, only Reach in for FF.

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Carlos has a few headaches for Tuesday. Lots of players deserve a start at the moment. However I was worried about the dynamic 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 formation on Friday and despite the result we were very lucky not to concede. I think it needs more work, so if I was the gaffer would revert to a more standard 4-4-2:

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Hutchinson

Fox

Reach

Abdi

Bannan

FF 

Winnall

Rhodes

That is the only way to accommodate Hutch, Reach, FF, and the two strikers which as far as I am concerned are undroppable. 

The only other change I would make is to drop Reach and put Wallace on. Reach is a bit of a super sub let's be honest and really offers a lot from the bench. 

What team would you start if you were Carlos? 

No one is undroppable 

Its not about accommodating players - that's a mistake CC has been making for large parts of the season.

You play you best players in their best positions in a formation they are comfortable with  - the beauty of our situation is we have enough depth if someone gets injured/ loses form.

i'd go with the same lineup that started against Birmingham - I'd possibly give Abdi an earlier start depending on how Bannan plays ..just think Abdi may start to come good.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Presuming Lees doesn't make it, same team bar Abdi for Wallace 

Bannan playing in Wallace's position 

Brings more composure into the middle and more energy than Wallace can provide in the just off the wide right position 

Fletcher to hopefully get 20 minutes when we are already 4 up.

3 minutes ago, torres said:

Presuming Lees doesn't make it, same team bar Abdi for Wallace 

Bannan playing in Wallace's position 

Brings more composure into the middle and more energy than Wallace can provide in the just off the wide right position 

Fletcher to hopefully get 20 minutes when we are already 4 up.

Rather see a winger for Wallace - Bannan on the left unbalances the side ..its just shoehorning him because people can't bring themselves to leave him out.

We we really need to move away from this mindset now as we have better players than Bannan who can play on the flanks.

Rhodes and Winnall both scored from balls into the box from wide - get someone on the flanks who can deliver them. 

Reach played well when he came in so be good give him a start in his best position.

Same as v Brum but with two adjustments.

I'd let Bannan start but if we suffered a complete loss of control in midfield like we did both late 1st half and 30-35 minutes, I'd stick Abdi on at halftime.

Also FF done no wrong being put into unusual position for him, other than not perform, so I'd start him there again and give him until halftime to play that role.. he usually hounds all over the pitch for the ball and whether there or upfront doesn't really make much of a difference.

26 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Rather see a winger for Wallace - Bannan on the left unbalances the side ..its just shoehorning him because people can't bring themselves to leave him out.

We we really need to move away from this mindset now as we have better players than Bannan who can play on the flanks.

Rhodes and Winnall both scored from balls into the box from wide - get someone on the flanks who can deliver them. 

Reach played well when he came in so be good give him a start in his best position.

Disagree. Wallace always plays inside a touch, even more so when FF plays wide.

The width comes mostly from the full backs. 

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We have just enjoyed our best win and best home performance of the season.

Exactly the same XI must start.

FF knows Reach is breathing down his neck, and likely to replace him at HT if he is off colour again. That's a very healthy place for us to be.

Nowhere near our best performance of the season. You genuinely just see what you want to see.

And Reach is not breathing down FF's neck because FF is not a bloody winger. He's played 1 flipping game there against a team with a weakened defence. He'll be up top mostly from now til end of season.

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This , but id play reach and let Fessi pick his toys up he threw out of the pram on friday .He has to learn its about the team , NOT Fernando Forrestieri 

I think the team scoring twice, and his replacement scoring, are enough of a lesson. I think once he scores from wide he will be back to his best and we won't look back.