You're the Manager - Team for Blackburn

Carlos has a few headaches for Tuesday. Lots of players deserve a start at the moment. However I was worried about the dynamic 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 formation on Friday and despite the result we were very lucky not to concede. I think it needs more work, so if I was the gaffer would revert to a more standard 4-4-2:

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Hutchinson

Fox

Reach

Abdi

Bannan

FF 

Winnall

Rhodes

That is the only way to accommodate Hutch, Reach, FF, and the two strikers which as far as I am concerned are undroppable. 

The only other change I would make is to drop Reach and put Wallace on. Reach is a bit of a super sub let's be honest and really offers a lot from the bench. 

What team would you start if you were Carlos? 

We have just enjoyed our best win and best home performance of the season.

Exactly the same XI must start.

FF knows Reach is breathing down his neck, and likely to replace him at HT if he is off colour again. That's a very healthy place for us to be.

2 minutes ago, DMX said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees (Sasso)

Loovens

Fox

Wallace

Hutch

Abdi

Forestieri

Rhodes

Winnall

That's how I'd go, perfect game for abdi to come in. Might get chance to see him dominating the centre.

Suspect we might see fletcher back in some way as well.

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Sasso

Fox

Mcmanaman

Hutchinson

Bannan

Fessi

Winall

Rhodes

Sub's:

Wildsmith

Lees

Palmer

Abdi

Wallace

Reach

Fletcher

If Lees is fit and after 2 clean sheets I think Sasso should keep his place.

Maybe too much for Wallace to play two games in short space.

Reach looks laboured when started but looks hungry when a sub so I'd still stick with him on bench at moment.

Edited by tuttuttut

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have just enjoyed our best win and best home performance of the season.

Exactly the same XI must start.

FF knows Reach is breathing down his neck, and likely to replace him at HT if he is off colour again. That's a very healthy place for us to be.

I wouldn't be disappointed with the same 11. If Carlos wants to persist and get this 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 mash up working it needs practice and it's a good opportunity. 

Guest everydays_wednesday

Has to be the same side for me unless Lees is fit.....my preference would be never change a winning side as we have a real chance in the next 3 games to build momentum, confidence and a big points haul.

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Palmer will start.

Fox might be rotated

Only possible other changed are FF and wallace but I think he'll stick with them but Reach is pushing hard.

If I had put that cross in on Friday, then get "rested" on Tuesday, I would be slightly miffed.

Almost impossible these days to pick the team.

The options are endless and all with advantages & possibilites.

I think the nailed on starting eleven is gradually becoming less important than it used to be due to strength we have.

Its pretty much nailed on that changes happen round 65 mins or earlier if required and we now can make subs without any adverse affect on the team, sometimes the reverse.

It must be a nightmare for teams to hold their own against us, only for McManaman, Reach, Hooper, Fletcher, Abdi to name a few, waiting to come on.

Loving it!!  

To be honest, from now to May....

Any proper striker (not FF) to partner Rhodes

2 CMs (not 3) 

then the names are not that important. We have such quality in the match day squad now that Macca could replace Wallace, Abdi for Bannan, Reach for FF, Reach for Fox....it doesn't weaken us at all.