You're the Manager - Team for Blackburn

20 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Why are people wanting to replace Wallace? Absolute madness the guy has scored or created 1 in the last 4-5 games he well on form 

Because Macmanaman might have more energy than Wallace. The same goes for Abdi over Bannan.

52 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have just enjoyed our best win and best home performance of the season.

Exactly the same XI must start.

FF knows Reach is breathing down his neck, and likely to replace him at HT if he is off colour again. That's a very healthy place for us to be.

I'd love to see same again! 

I'd also welcome some game time to Abdi and a rest for Bannan but trust in the manager to do what he sees fit. 

Wondering if forgotten man Fletch may get a start following his 3game absence. despite both strikers scoring last time out. 

39 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

To be honest, from now to May....

Any proper striker (not FF) to partner Rhodes

2 CMs (not 3) 

then the names are not that important. We have such quality in the match day squad now that Macca could replace Wallace, Abdi for Bannan, Reach for FF, Reach for Fox....it doesn't weaken us at all.

Forestieri at 10 with Rhodes at 9 could be a great combination (not that I'm advocating changing Rhodes and Winnall).

playing Forsstieri up front in the number ten role is not the problem.

12 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Forestieri at 10 with Rhodes at 9 could be a great combination (not that I'm advocating changing Rhodes and Winnall).

playing Forsstieri up front in the number ten role is not the problem.

It is. The team doesn't score enough goals. One per game when we play that way in over 50 matches.

50 matches. That's not a fluke, or a small sample. 

42 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Why are people wanting to replace Wallace? Absolute madness the guy has scored or created 1 in the last 4-5 games he well on form 

Because we only played 2 days ago, and we need some pace.

You saw Hunt's cross for Winnall's goal. Winnall and Rhodes thrive on those types of crosses.

Callum McManaman can put those types of crosses into the box. 

Wallace can't.

32 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I'd love to see same again! 

I'd also welcome some game time to Abdi and a rest for Bannan but trust in the manager to do what he sees fit. 

Wondering if forgotten man Fletch may get a start following his 3game absence. despite both strikers scoring last time out. 

I think Rhodes-Fletcher might be the best pairing, though I would love to see Rhodes-Hooper. But impossible and unfair to drop Winnall.

14 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Because we only played 2 days ago, and we need some pace.

You saw Hunt's cross for Winnall's goal. Winnall and Rhodes thrive on those types of crosses.

Callum McManaman can put those types of crosses into the box. 

Wallace can't.

Wallace's cross for Rhodes?

I wouldn't pick a team to 'accommodate' any player and hope Carlos wouldn't either. I certainly wouldn't move Hutch back into defence the way he is dominating midfield at the moment.

For me the team picks itself if everyone is fit. It should be the same as Friday. I'd start Fessi with a Reach on the bench. If FF isn't determined to play a blinder after being subbed and seeing the other 2 forwards both score on Friday then he isn't the player I think he is.

I think there are certain players/combinations that I would be inclined to keep in the side. 

Sasso has done little wrong alongside Loovens in Lees absence so I'd leave him in. If the defensive crisis occurred that so many fear, surely giving him more time to prove his worth against "lesser" opposition would be a good idea.

Think it would send a bad message to leave Hunt out. It was one of his better performances of the season, and it's not like he's had a huge workload recently. I'd tell him to go out and make that position his!

I would keep Rhodes and Winnall together as they showed glimpses of being a top class partnership. Again, the more chance they have to play together the better.

While I don't get why people would look to "drop" Wallace, I'd probably rest him and give Macca a start. Mainly because I think CM has showed to main characteristics since joining us. 1) He's looked direct and effective during his breif cameos and 2) He's looked frustrated and his lack of opportunity, and this got close to boiling over at Brighton. I'd give him a start and hope that he would use 2) to inspire 1), if you get my drift?

I would like to see Abdi start and give Bazza a rest. Whether that is playing in a similar, dynamic, deep lying role or slightly further forward. 

I think it's key to keep FF on the left if we are going to persist with "WAR" (although I also like RAW?) upfront. Giving him a bit of a run will only improve his positional sense. Although if he keeps performing off the bench like he did Friday, then Reach will be breathing down his neck!

I'd go with

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Sasso

Fox

Macca

Hutch

Abdi

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

If Bannan has been carrying some kind of knock, and Wallace is in his 30's (as I am led to believe), then this would be the perfect time to serve up a Swiss flan with a side of mardy and a Scottish reduction.

Macca and Abdi please.   (CM / RW respectively)

Other than that same same.

Edited by DuttyTeabags
RSI

4 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

I wouldn't pick a team to 'accommodate' any player and hope Carlos wouldn't either. I certainly wouldn't move Hutch back into defence the way he is dominating midfield at the moment.

For me the team picks itself if everyone is fit. It should be the same as Friday. I'd start Fessi with a Reach on the bench. If FF isn't determined to play a blinder after being subbed and seeing the other 2 forwards both score on Friday then he isn't the player I think he is.

Yes he needs to show what he is made of or face a spell on the bench, Macca, Hooper and Fletch all fighting to get in the side

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It is. The team doesn't score enough goals. One per game when we play that way in over 50 matches.

50 matches. That's not a fluke, or a small sample. 

It's not though. You fail to factor in a whole host of other reasons. Here's just a few:

a more conservative approach to games this season.

Not dominating midfield which was only addressed by moving Hutch back.

playing 3 central midfielders in a four man midfield.

generally not playing well. A number of players have not performed to the levels of last season, Forestieri being one regardless of which position he has played in. Not to mention the whole contract saga which has only recently been resolved.

the other forwards be it Joao, fletcher or Hooper who have just not scored the goals for one reason or another; being out injured for example.

12 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

It's not though. You fail to factor in a whole host of other reasons. Here's just a few:

a more conservative approach to games this season.

Not dominating midfield which was only addressed by moving Hutch back.

playing 3 central midfielders in a four man midfield.

generally not playing well. A number of players have not performed to the levels of last season, Forestieri being one regardless of which position he has played in. Not to mention the whole contract saga which has only recently been resolved.

the other forwards be it Joao, fletcher or Hooper who have just not scored the goals for one reason or another; being out injured for example.

You are right that there are lots of factors, of course. But we are not talking about half a dozen matches, but 50. That takes in every match he has started striker. So that's tough oppos, easy oppos, on form, off form, homes, aways, Joao, Hooper, Fletcher.....The lot.

Even though I love Footie stats, a lot of them are pretty meaningless. But team goals are vital, and (for whatever reason and I am certainly not pretending to know what it is) the team score just over a goal per game when he is striker. That can't continue if we are to succeed.

He is a brilliant and dangerous forward, and provided his mood is right I would pick him 46 games a season, just never striker.

Edited by Holmowl

I wouldn't be averse to seeing the same side put out again if they start as brightly.

After that it's up to Carlos to use the bench players to make any little changes that might improve things.

I was impressed with the link play between the front pair and Wallace together.  As probably backed by Joels stats on the other thread.

Jordan Rhodes and Ross Wallace each played 4 key passes whereas the entire Birmingham side only made 9 key passes combined.

I cannot see Blackburn being so prepared to attack as much as Birmingham did. Coyle is no Zola. I think Blackburn will come to frustrate and counter attack us. So we shall need some guile in midfield to beat a packed and wide defence, if we are to get any real service to Winnall and Rhodes (same again for me). Because they may stretch 5 across their midfield, we shall not find it so easy to get behind them and put in decent crosses from near their byeline either. Will need crosses coming in from a little deeper (same as Hunt's cross for Winnall goal).

So for me we need pace and get their big defenders turning and quick passing in the spaces between their two defensive lines ( Quick one two's down the middle.) That means Bannon definitely plays. I cannot see how FF can be as effective on the wide left in this type of game, unless he given a brief to come inside and/or drop a little deeper to pick up the ball and run at them and get Fox or Reach over lapping. Got to keep Hunt in this time for same over lapping effect on other flank plus his crossing will be vital. Keep Sasso in for another game (no need to rush Lees back )

So my team would like

Westwood

Hunt

Sasso

Loovens

Fox/Reach

McManaman ( for extra pace)

Hutchinson

Bannon

F F

Winnall

Rhodes

Subs   Wildsmith, Lees, Fletcher, Fox/Reach, Wallace, Jones.

Thank god I'm not CC !!