You're the Manager - Team for Blackburn

Ideally you shouldn't be changing a side that's just won 3-0 at home, but I can understand with the options we have why people are considering it 

Lees walks back into the side if fit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bannan replaced by Abdi 

51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wallace's cross for Rhodes?

Yes, it was great.

He's great at set plays.

What about from open play?

McManaman can whip crosses in from high up the pitch with pace like Hunt did.

How many times does Wallace do that in a game?

From open play, he doesn't fire balls into the box which are placed in front of the attackers which they can attack. That's why I'm in favour of having a fast, right footed right winger. 

I think Wallace would have a bigger affect playing on the left. 

7 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Heard it all now, Wallace cant cross as good as hunt or mcmanaman? lollol hes our best crosser by a mile 

I didn't say that.

Go and reread the post.

I said that Wallace hardly ever puts crosses into the box like Hunt did for Winnall.

McManaman can beat a FB with pace and whip a fast cross in from high up the pitch IN FRONT of the 2 strikers. 

1 minute ago, Robdylan said:

Yes, it was great.

He's great at set plays.

What about from open play?

McManaman can whip crosses in from high up the pitch with pace like Hunt did.

How many times does Wallace do that in a game?

From open play, he doesn't fire balls into the box which are placed in front of the attackers which they can attack. That's why I'm in favour of having a fast, right footed right winger. 

I think Wallace would have a bigger affect playing on the left. 

I think his crossing from open-play is under-rated. At times last season he was feeding Hooper beautifully. This season, at least up to last Friday, he seemed to be playing far narrower.

In the current 442 with two rather than 3 CMs, and with two strikers who thrive on crosses, I am very optimistic we will see Wallace and Hunt putting over far more crosses than to date. And I agree Macca is an excellent alternative who might even take Wallace's place. But not yet, on current form.

I really think Wallace and Rhodes could be the making of us.

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I think there are certain players/combinations that I would be inclined to keep in the side. 

Sasso has done little wrong alongside Loovens in Lees absence so I'd leave him in. If the defensive crisis occurred that so many fear, surely giving him more time to prove his worth against "lesser" opposition would be a good idea.

Think it would send a bad message to leave Hunt out. It was one of his better performances of the season, and it's not like he's had a huge workload recently. I'd tell him to go out and make that position his!

I would keep Rhodes and Winnall together as they showed glimpses of being a top class partnership. Again, the more chance they have to play together the better.

While I don't get why people would look to "drop" Wallace, I'd probably rest him and give Macca a start. Mainly because I think CM has showed to main characteristics since joining us. 1) He's looked direct and effective during his breif cameos and 2) He's looked frustrated and his lack of opportunity, and this got close to boiling over at Brighton. I'd give him a start and hope that he would use 2) to inspire 1), if you get my drift?

I would like to see Abdi start and give Bazza a rest. Whether that is playing in a similar, dynamic, deep lying role or slightly further forward. 

I think it's key to keep FF on the left if we are going to persist with "WAR" (although I also like RAW?) upfront. Giving him a bit of a run will only improve his positional sense. Although if he keeps performing off the bench like he did Friday, then Reach will be breathing down his neck!

I'd go with

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Sasso

Fox

Macca

Hutch

Abdi

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

This team for me too

2 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

Probabaly same team again, maybe McManaman in for Wallace. 

I think, like last season, if we want to see us 'go for it' a bit more, we have to accept we will leave space for teams to exploit. We can't have it all 

Yep, I would give McManaman the the call over Wallace. The latter has improved of late cos he is in more attacking role and knows McManaman is breathing down his neck for a chance to start. However, Wallace still floats in and out of games and his attempts to recover the ball are powder-puff and often laughable - he cannot tackle to save his life! McManaman seems an altogether more committed and tigerish affair.

Either way, Blackburn are going to fearful of our mean defence and awesome strikers.

Blackburn aren't going to come at us like Brum did, we're going to have to work to break them down. I'm not convinced Reach, Bannan, Hutch and Wallace are incisive enough to break them down. I'd only want Hutch and then one of Reach and Wallace to start. The defence and strikers pick themselves - I'd go for a midfield of

Forestieri - Hutch - Abdi - Reach

with Reach playing the Wallace role, drifting in from the right and McManaman given 30 mins to run at them when they're tired. 

I really don't Wednesday fans some times. For the majority of this season, a lot of fans have given Carlos and team grief for playing negative, defensive football. On Friday, we actually went for it. Yeah, we could have conceded but we didn't. We got stuck in, held it together and scored enough goals to win the game. We've got quite a few games at home now, let's push on and keep with the same team unless anyone picked up knocks. 

If you're going out to attack then you will be vulnerable but look at our attacking options, Rhodes, Winnall, FF, McManamam etc etc. I can see us continuing with this attack approach and I'm looking forward to it! Roll on the next couple of months and lets cement a top 6 finish!

I'm baring in mind we should not fear a poor Blackburn side and we are hillsbrough. I want to us to show how solid our squad is keep it fresh and rotate a few. I want to se more of mcmanaman and abdi get a few more minutes in those legs. I really think bannan drifting in a the legs of reach will give us width and creativity. I'm assuming lees is back otherwise it will be sasso. I'd keep the Rhodes and winnal partnership going. And we all know Carlos likes to rotate his fullbacks especially with Friday Tuesday Saturday fixtures 

What I will add is, this squad is not that straight forward to pick and which Ever team you go the bench looks healthy and I don't think we can go wrong ( within reason ) which ever squad we put out after all it's Blackburn at home 

WAWAWIMG_1115.PNG.1ad1146f26637160a36f7a1c5a3db0e9.PNG

Guest domSWFC

------------- Westwood -----------

Hunt - Lees - Loovens - Fox

---------------- Hutch ---------------

Reach --- Bannan --- Forestieri

-------- Winnall - Rhodes --------

Been one of Reach's biggest critics, but think his impact has definitely earned him a start. Although, that is harsh on Wallace who has been brilliant. Sasso in for Lees if he's still out. 

1 hour ago, Doctor John said:

Yep, I would give McManaman the the call over Wallace. The latter has improved of late cos he is in more attacking role and knows McManaman is breathing down his neck for a chance to start. However, Wallace still floats in and out of games and his attempts to recover the ball are powder-puff and often laughable - he cannot tackle to save his life! McManaman seems an altogether more committed and tigerish affair.

Either way, Blackburn are going to fearful of our mean defence and awesome strikers.

It will be incredibly difficult to plan well against us.

Am I marking Reach or FF? Am I marking Winnall or Fletcher? Am I marking Wallace who cuts in or Macca who goes wide?

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I'm baring in mind we should not fear a poor Blackburn side and we are hillsbrough. I want to us to show how solid our squad is keep it fresh and rotate a few. I want to se more of mcmanaman and abdi get a few more minutes in those legs. I really think bannan drifting in a the legs of reach will give us width and creativity. I'm assuming lees is back otherwise it will be sasso. I'd keep the Rhodes and winnal partnership going. And we all know Carlos likes to rotate his fullbacks especially with Friday Tuesday Saturday fixtures 

What I will add is, this squad is not that straight forward to pick and which Ever team you go the bench looks healthy and I don't think we can go wrong ( within reason ) which ever squad we put out after all it's Blackburn at home 

WAWAWIMG_1115.PNG.1ad1146f26637160a36f7a1c5a3db0e9.PNG

Never ever want to see Bannan LW.