You're the Manager - Team for Blackburn

18 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Carlos has a few headaches for Tuesday. Lots of players deserve a start at the moment. However I was worried about the dynamic 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 formation on Friday and despite the result we were very lucky not to concede. I think it needs more work, so if I was the gaffer would revert to a more standard 4-4-2:

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Hutchinson

Fox

Reach

Abdi

Bannan

FF 

Winnall

Rhodes

That is the only way to accommodate Hutch, Reach, FF, and the two strikers which as far as I am concerned are undroppable. 

The only other change I would make is to drop Reach and put Wallace on. Reach is a bit of a super sub let's be honest and really offers a lot from the bench. 

What team would you start if you were Carlos? 

Taking Hutchinson out of centre midfield would be kamikaze.

Him dropping between the centre backs is essential to the way we play now.

Honestly think we will see Pudil or Semedo there before we see Hutchinson back in the defence.

12 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

Same as Friday for me.

But we know Carlos likes to tinker.

If it came down to one change I would give Mac a start from the beginning and give Wallace a rest.

Not because Wallace has played badly, but because he could do with a rest.

That is all.

Think Bannan needs a rest too, give Abdi his chance

Guest wilyfox

......................Westwood

Hunt..........Sasso...Loovens........Fox

Wallace..Hutchinson...Bannan...Reach

.................Rhodes....Winnall

32 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Carlos has a few headaches for Tuesday. Lots of players deserve a start at the moment. However I was worried about the dynamic 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 formation on Friday and despite the result we were very lucky not to concede. I think it needs more work, so if I was the gaffer would revert to a more standard 4-4-2:

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Hutchinson

Fox

Reach

Abdi

Bannan

FF 

Winnall

Rhodes

That is the only way to accommodate Hutch, Reach, FF, and the two strikers which as far as I am concerned are undroppable. 

The only other change I would make is to drop Reach and put Wallace on. Reach is a bit of a super sub let's be honest and really offers a lot from the bench. 

What team would you start if you were Carlos? 

I seriously don't understand this selection from you. Why would we move hutch to the back and drop sasso? Hutch is consistently our best midfielder and sasso has kept 3 clean sheets in his last 3 starts. 

For what it's worth I would keep the same XI. But was we know Carlos likes a change, so I can see palmer and pudil starting and maybe reach for FF. I would start FF though to keep him sweet. 

Don't k ow why people want to drop forestieri after 1 bad game and tbf he didn't even play as bad as people make out and I'm sure some are just following others and playing sheep and it seems the same people who was slagging reach off saying he's no go are now wanting to replace him for forestieri(nothing against reach think he's quality just) it doesn't make sense, 

Stick with same squad maybe lees for Sasso if fit 

We aren't the same side without Hutch in midfield. If Hutch is fit that is where he belongs imo baring a double injury crisis at the back or top six game. I'd only reconsider moving Hutch back to CB fulltime if we get promoted - that is to say (assuming Lees still out) i'm not worried about Sasso with Hutch in front of him.

Sasso is not going to develop without game-time and Blackburn is a good test for him and Abdi. As fantastic as Bannan was against Brum Abdi really needs a full 90 mins before we can compare and contrast what Abdi brings to the table.

7 minutes ago, Crack pot said:

Don't k ow why people want to drop forestieri after 1 bad game and tbf he didn't even play as bad as people make out and I'm sure some are just following others and playing sheep and it seems the same people who was slagging reach off saying he's no go are now wanting to replace him for forestieri(nothing against reach think he's quality just) it doesn't make sense, 

Stick with same squad maybe lees for Sasso if fit 

same for me apart from Abdi for Bannan, think he needs a rest and maybe carrying a knock.

I wouldn't rotate a winning team too much, especially after our performance vs Birmingham was one of the best of the season.

If Lees isn't 100% i'm happy to keep Sasso in and let him recover in time for Saturday vs Forest, would like to see Fox retain his place as he's been impressive, likewise Winnall, Wallace is on form so can't really drop him and although FF doesn't like that LM role we performed better with him there instead of Reach. As much as i'd like to see Abdi get some game time I can't see CC dropping Bannan unless he's injured, no way we should change the Winnall/Rhodes partnership as it's starting to form so if that means making FF unhappy for a little bit so be it!

Westwood

Hunt       Loovens        Sasso       Fox

Wallace         Hutchinson     Bannan        FF

Winnall     Rhodes

Subs/ Wildsmith, Semedo, Palmer, Macca, Abdi, Reach, Fletcher

The only change i would consider is maybe resting Wallace for Saturday and either giving Macca a start OR move FF to RM and play Reach down the left. 

Either way should be a comfortable win vs a struggling Rovers side, we could do with another 3-0 to boost our GD!

Edited by Lionel Fessi

18 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Why are people wanting to replace Wallace? Absolute madness the guy has scored or created 1 in the last 4-5 games he well on form 

only reason 2 games in a short space cause hes no spring chicken in footballing years, CC will know if he can handle it, should not be left out for any other reason.