Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

If we've got him no one else has.

Which is exactly what Middlesbrough thought last season stumped up stupid money and are now stuck with a player that can't cut it at premier league level, so are now expecting another club to do exactly the same thing. Hope we have more sense than to be that club.

We probably tried our luck with a 3-4 million bid seen as he is now well and truly surplus after there influx of strikers 

at least we're in

i genuinely believe he will be playing for us in January and my guess would be a decent loan fee of about 2 million with option to buy end of season at a am agreed price probably about 5 million with huge promotion bonus on. 

I have nothing to base any of that on but it seems like the affordable risk that keeps our expenditure down and really do have a feeling he will be wearing our colours 

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

If someone buys him for 9M ish and we end up pushed into 7th due to the goals he scores, he's worth 9M even if he sits on the bench for us....Still think Leeds will get him

Leeds would never be able to fit him into their wage structure. Wood's on £17K a week.

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Which is exactly what Middlesbrough thought last season stumped up stupid money and are now stuck with a player that can't cut it at premier league level, so are now expecting another club to do exactly the same thing. Hope we have more sense than to be that club.

He did contribute to their promotion you know and because AK  didn't really want him then I would argue he hasn't really had a fair crack in the premier. 

It's all about opinions I suppose. 

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

We want him, he wants to come let's push the boat out and get him.   UTO 

True us and rhodes favor the move but wednesday cant be held to ransom by boro 

At least finally we have been reported to have bid by a journo we trust more than the rest, Dirst bid always low negotiations on going now hope we get him

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It might be a subtle message to Hourihane and his agent that whatever Villa can do we will be doing similar.

Exactly whats not to like 6th place with a 5 point gap, signed your mate recently , reported to be after rhodes or a team that are 13th with no hope of getting promoted this year its bot a hard choice if tou take wage out of it

8 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Let the greedy fxxxxr rot in grim Middlesborough.

Harsh...not sure its his decision. If the club (Boro) won't sell him for the offered amount, nothing he can do other than down tools but not sure he's that kind of bloke tbh.

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

He did contribute to their promotion you know and because AK  didn't really want him then I would argue he hasn't really had a fair crack in the premier. 

It's all about opinions I suppose. 

He didn't exactly set the world on fire did he, he scored a few goals but Middlesbrough were well placed for promotion before he signed. Middlesbroughs biggest signing influence wise was probably Gaston Ramirez. I can't argue with the fact he's not really had a fair crack at premier league level because he hasn't really, but the fact Middlesbrough now or indeed any other premier league club in the past have not seen him as a viable goal scoring option speaks volumes IMHO.

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

True us and rhodes favor the move but wednesday cant be held to ransom by boro 

At least finally we have been reported to have bid by a journo we trust more than the rest, Dirst bid always low negotiations on going now hope we get him

I hope we get him as well mate, as it's been said before Jordan would be a real game changer.     UTO 

In my humble opinion. Jordan Rhodes will move to Villa. They will top any offer we put on the table. He will score goals for them and will probably get them into the play offs. Then its a knockout for promotion. I honestly believe we will make top six without him but hope hes not gonna come back and pee on our chips at the death. He will never wear our shirt mores the pity.

Get him and get him now!

10 million is peanuts when for finishing bottom of the PL gets you £125 million or so. 

If we don't go up we have the best goal scoring striker in the division and he's not even in his prime yet. 

I'm sure if we bring him in sacrifices to the squad will be made. If we can ship out Abdi, Matias and Nuhui and loan out Joao we will be fine. 

Just need some suitors for those 4. Very risky leaving it till deadline day. If Norwich sell Brady they couldn't be in the mix. 

We need to get him and watch us fly. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

I would personally prefer us to spend what ever it takes to get Hourihane. Spending silly money on Rhodes is basically saying we're going bobbar or bust and also means we can't strengthen in any other areas of the pitch (without putting us further in danger of contravening FFP)