Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

6 hours ago, BIG D said:

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has £10million bid rejected by Boro for outcast striker Jordan Rhodes

If Villa really wanted Rhodes surely they would have done the deal using Guestde as part of the transfer. Seems bizarre to do it as a separate deal. 

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Boro would rather loan Rhodes out so that next season if they go down to the championship they will be able to call him back and let him score goals in this league for them. 

I tefer back to post #1

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Is Transfer Centre Live one of the better accounts? Certainly seem to be on the pulse from what i've seen....

I follow them on there. They seem to trawl the local journalists and forward their stuff on. Giddings/Staton/Walker post something, then they pretty much copy and paste it. Usually quite good.

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Transfer Centre Live

Middlesbrough have rejected a £9m bid from Sheffield Wednesday for striker Jordan Rhodes.

well they would wouldn't they seeing as they turned down £10M yesterday!

51k followers though that account!

It was mentioned on here yesterday that supposedly villa's bid was £6m cash and the rest would be add ons and bonuses etc. So maybe even £9m cash isn't acceptable for Boro 

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

No transfer centrel is the more credible one.

These are using a similar name to try and get as many followers.

But to be honest a lot of it's bull lol

Apologies they are indeed one and the same.

Interesting but surely we could have only bid something similar to Villa?

I thought we could only loan him?

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Boro are absolutely desperate to offload him, wouldn't surprise me if he is sold before the end of the month "undisclosed fee".

The problem with loaning him is, at the end of the season he goes back on Boro's books, Karanka didn't want him in the first place, it was the board who bought him to help get them over the line, which he did.

Yeah, lot of moneys worth sat there doing bugger all for them

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

From 6 days ago 

And from a journalist who thinks Huddersfield is in South Yorkshire...

"But his links to Wednesday, where Rhodes’ father Andy is a coach, are well documented and he would be interested in a switch to South Yorkshire, an area where he was also a success at Huddersfield before moving to Blackburn in August 2012."

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you