Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Just now, gurujuan said:

Thats all well and good, but there are other areas in much greater need, like central defence

that really should have been addressed pre season astonished it wasn't  sasso was desperation 

Loovens playing well but he isn't sound injury wise and if he gets injured we are thin on the ground

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thats all well and good, but there are other areas in much greater need, like central defence

Think we were interested in Tom Clarke at Preston in the summer, might be a good shout and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg...?

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agreed we do need another CB too, An injury to either Lees or Loovens and we'd need a reshuffle with Hutchinson most probably going back there. Although we could call on Sasso who's done nothing wrong at all when called upon.

I think it is clear why we are prioritizing strikers above our defense.

The facts don't lie.

Rhodes would be a superb signing IMO but only/if Mr Chansiri and the finance department see it as a good and safe business decision for us.

Only they will know all the necessary facts and figures to make this decision so lets just put our faith in the club.

attack.JPG

defence.JPG

35 minutes ago, Quantum Owl said:

I think it is clear why we are prioritizing strikers above our defense.

The facts don't lie.

Rhodes would be a superb signing IMO but only/if Mr Chansiri and the finance department see it as a good and safe business decision for us.

Only they will know all the necessary facts and figures to make this decision so lets just put our faith in the club.

attack.JPG

defence.JPG

Apologies for quoting a large image, a pet hate of mine - however I think the above is misleading.   We have a mean defence, but also we do have some decent strikers for this level.   Winall will prove me right I think in saying this - the problem is not our strikers, but our inability to put a decent cross in.   I thought Reach had shown he can put a good cross in, but he fails to do it regularly.   Our fullbacks can't cross consistently, our wingers can't cross consistently and when Bannan is singled out, which is more often than not now - we lack a killer through ball.

Serious work needs to be put in training on crossing when in the attacking 3rd, and maybe a creative central midfield addition, especially now Lee is probably out for the rest of the season.   I don't think another striker is priority, in fact I doubt Wednesday actually put a serious bid in for Rhodes today as is widely being reported.   If we did, I am sure it was relatively derisory, maybe around the 3million mark with add ons for promotion and such.

Small time S. Yorks thinking.

Stick the money in a tin under the bed, or let's buy a left back instead, or let's buy a whippet instead, or let's buy 23 players instead of blueing it all on one player.

All the evidence (if people could be arsed to check it out) points to plenty of chances created but nor converted, but we still ignore the facts and cling to this idea that we don't create chances and are so rich in striking talent we can ignore a player of JRs calibre. 

Good job DC doesn't have the same small town mindset, thinks like other big club owners do and can see the bigger picture that if quality is there to improve the side, you go for it.

48 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The question is, though, are the strikers the problem or the service to them?

I don't think it's a question of service. Fletch, nuhiu, Joao drift wide, FF plays deep, so there's no point even trying to get the ball in box when these are on. When hooper plays and also when winnall came on against hudds. Bannan, FF and Wallace all of a sudden become more creative playing through balls down the middle where hoops and winnall are constantly aiming to be. I believe with Rhodes comes goals for us no danger.