Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Just now, theowlsman said:

Thread's not doing so bad considering nobody is interested in Rhodes threads.

:ph34r:

76 pages on a guy we ain't signing and don't need. If we have that sort of cash we should strengthen the wider first team squad. We all know the positions required. Winnall is an astute signing and a twentieth of the price of JR. He'll do.

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Small time S. Yorks thinking.

Stick the money in a tin under the bed, or let's buy a left back instead, or let's buy a whippet instead, or let's buy 23 players instead of blueing it all on one player.

All the evidence (if people could be arsed to check it out) points to plenty of chances created but nor converted, but we still ignore the facts and cling to this idea that we don't create chances and are so rich in striking talent we can ignore a player of JRs calibre. 

Good job DC doesn't have the same small town mindset, thinks like other big club owners do and can see the bigger picture that if quality is there to improve the side, you go for it.

Evidence points to chances created, unless you attend games and see it with your own eyes.  Then reality hits home.     Hirst senior in his prime would struggle at this moment in time in the current side.

5 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

76 pages on a guy we ain't signing and don't need. If we have that sort of cash we should strengthen the wider first team squad. We all know the positions required. Winnall is an astute signing and a twentieth of the price of JR. He'll do.

Heard Carlos wants him to play at full back though lol

13 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Evidence points to chances created, unless you attend games and see it with your own eyes.  Then reality hits home.     Hirst senior in his prime would struggle at this moment in time in the current side.

Seen absolutely loads of relatively easy chances created and not taken that have completely changed the whole game and allowed teams to dominate the style of play whereas if the chances had been taken they wouldn't have had the luxury.

Also Hirsty would have blitzed some of the chances we miss while holding a pint of John Smiths in one hand. 

18 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Seen absolutely loads of relatively easy chances created and not taken that have completely changed the whole game and allowed teams to dominate the style of play whereas if the chances had been taken they wouldn't have had the luxury.

Also Hirsty would have blitzed some of the chances we miss while holding a pint of John Smiths in one hand. 

He often did, Hirsty that is lol

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not a decent footballer, even at this level. His goals would be useful from the bench though

I think you're stretching it a bit thin now, mate. 

55 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Evidence points to chances created, unless you attend games and see it with your own eyes.  Then reality hits home.     Hirst senior in his prime would struggle at this moment in time in the current side

Not sure I agree with that - in most games we are making more than enough chances to score goals.

Didnt someone also produce some stats which disproves the throw away comment that we arent making the chances for the strikers?

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We're a footballing side now and I'm not sure how Rhodes would fit into that. Good off the bench though

He'd put the ball in the back of the net. 

Have a look at his goals. He gets across the front of defenders better than probably any other striker at this level.

He's an absolute pest, playing on the shoulder of centre halves.

He had a knack of anticipating where the ball is going to drop in the area, and he's extremely calm when he gets a chance.

unfortunately he probably can't ping a 50 yard pass, or leave 2 defenders for dead with a Cruyff turn though.

he's as good as we can hope for at what he does (imo Hooper's not far short either) - making the chances for him is down to the rest of the team. Whether the rest of the team is making the chances, and whether CC should be prioritising that area is another issue.

to suggest Jordan Rhodes isn't up to it at this level though is an interesting point of view though, I'll give you that!

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We're a footballing side now and I'm not sure how Rhodes would fit into that. Good off the bench though

I don't think you give him the credit he deserves. 

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

to suggest Jordan Rhodes isn't up to it at this level though is an interesting point of view though, I'll give you that!

That is a very diplomatic way of putting it.