Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 minute ago, woodys said:

Yeah, lot of moneys worth sat there doing bugger all for them

I think in the end this is what will sway it, a lot of bluster there from Karanka, still 2 weeks in the window so what they're saying is, it's not enough for now. He will go on deadline day.

9 minutes ago, shez owl said:

I think in the end this is what will sway it, a lot of bluster there from Karanka, still 2 weeks in the window so what they're saying is, it's not enough for now. He will go on deadline day.

Expecting this too. Boro will hold out for a high fee because they know there are clubs with cash on the hip who could panic buy Rhodes. If those clubs don't come forward, he'll be flogged to the highest bidder close to the window (be that a transfer fee or loan fee).

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If I had a choice between Hourihane and Rhodes I'd go for the former. Simply because our current strikers can get enough goals between them. It would be hard to keep everyone happy.

My thoughts also

Dave and Joao don't get goals, and really need to move on. Both bring something to the team, but rarely find the back of the net. Forestieri is more of a provider, so that leaves us with Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall.  Neither Fletcher nor Hooper have been exactly prolific, and we don't know what their injury situations are, in the same way that we didn't know Lee's. Any team...or tea-erm as Barnsley fans say...would want Rhodes. It's the old wages problem, though.

If we don't get Rhodes one of our competitors will. If you was in a bar and a beautiful lass was smiling your way all night, but you didn't go and talk,  eventually she's gunna try your drinking partner.  Then when he takes her up on her forwardness , has a wicked night, then finds out she's a very talented lady with skills to make you wealthy and turns it into a lasting relationship,  you'd be gutted that didn't have the balls to take the plunge. Part of Chansiris thought process must be "what if we don't get Rhodes, and his goals come at our expense".  

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

From BBC Sportsday

The Press Association reports that Middlesbrough have received two bids for striker Jordan Rhodes, but head coach Aitor Karanka said neither of them were acceptable.

..to the club, perhaps, but I reckon Karanka would happily get shot of Rhodes. Didn't want him in the first place.