Whinging Geordies

16 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

How anyone can slate the fans of a club averaging over 50,000 in the second tier is beyond me. 

So we don't get mardy if the away team is winning 1-0 and running the clock down? 

Good example. Rotherham from minute one when they were trying to hang on to a 0-0. Thing is the goerdies never really got behind their team last night.

58 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

With regard to the 'Wallace corner' incident, I didn't see it, but I feel that Wallace, and several other players of other clubs,seem to me to be stretching the Laws of the game to it's fullest extent. To claim that the ball is on the line, when quite obviously, only a fraction of the ball is on the line , in fact overhanging the line, is stretching it to the very limits. The gain must be minimal, so why do it. 

The Laws of the game are clear and are black and white. The 'in play' interpretation of events during the game are entirely the referee's to make and apply the relevant Law, as he understands it, to those events. That's why we have differences in refereeing which adds an interesting dimension to the game itself.

A split second to consider the Laws and apply them. As a referee I can assure you that they never want to make a mistake and they never want to adversely affect a match. They are unbiased and have high levels of integrity. It takes a special gift to be at the highest level.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He will he always does and he is reyt funny

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What he always does. Push the laws to the limit. He didn't and doesn't contravene the law, just stretches it to its limit.

Isn't it like driving 30mph in a 30mph zone?

As for whinging, I wish we'd given Dwight Gayle something to really whinge about. He went down like he'd been bobbar whenever we got within 5 yards of him and complained to the ref every single time. Proper little bell end.

1 hour ago, heppers said:

I don't mind the scots at all but Geordies are just like Scousers. Lazy, lying, delusional. Can't stand them.

love it that we have beaten them 2 years on the bounce.

What, all of them?

I've not met all of them but of the ones I have met some have been top blokes and some haven't..... a bit like our fans and most fans for that matter.

We won, they didn't. Let's move on.

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

With regard to the 'Wallace corner' incident, I didn't see it, but I feel that Wallace, and several other players of other clubs,seem to me to be stretching the Laws of the game to it's fullest extent. To claim that the ball is on the line, when quite obviously, only a fraction of the ball is on the line , in fact overhanging the line, is stretching it to the very limits. The gain must be minimal, so why do it. 

But the rules are that touching the line is not over. Just like in rugby touching is over. Neither sports professionals are stretching the rules when they play to those rules. 

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, heppers said:

I don't mind the scots at all but Geordies are just like Scousers. Lazy, lying, delusional. Can't stand them.

love it that we have beaten them 2 years on the bounce.

Get real matey you're labelling around a million people the same we've all got tosspots read our threads when things don't go well.  Geordies can bet he salt of the earth just like any other group of folk and some can be bellends.