Poll: Man of the Match vs Barnsley...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Barnsley  

352 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Barnsley?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Joao
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Wallace
    • Jones
    • Nuhiu

Westwood 9- Never put a foot wrong

Palmer 7- sound

Lees 7- sound

Loovens 8- back on song

Pudil 6- Needs to pace his game a little better

Bannan 5- needs to pick it up a bit

Lee 8- always available some great running off the ball.

Hutch 9- Superb commanding performance

Reach 9- MOM performance  Looks to be settling in very well . Maybe he has hit regular pick status.

Joao 6- Willing worker should start getting more starts from the bench, he will improve. 

Fletcher 6- Quite clever but not fully fit yet.

Wallace 7- looked good when he came on decent ball playing.

Jones 7 helped stem the Barnsley flow

Nuhiu 7- Worked his socks off for the cause.

SUN DREAM TEAM RATINGS

WESTWOOD - 6
PALMER - 6
LEES - 6
LOOVENS - 6
PUDIL - 6
HUTCHINSON - 8 (MOM)
BANNAN - 6
LEE - 6
REACH - 6
FLETCHER - 6
JOAO - 6

Those who know will know.

Edited by mrgund

Big downsides were performances of Joao (who played well against PNE) and of course Bannan. Tho' he was turning it round a bit in the five before he went off.

Thought Pudil looked good - much better than of late - first half, but not so second, and he remains a worry.  A pity, because a year ago he was such an asset

I thought Lee had rather a good game.  Went with an old friend from Germany who picked out Lee and Hutch and stand outs. ("So why those numbers?")

Elephant trap of a fixture against a side that won its last away game 3-0 at Birmingham and was up for a local contest.  Again, the conversion rate for promising situations to goals not what it might have been and we really should have had a second earlier than we did.  

Westwood - 9 - Back to his best last night

Palmer - 7 - Solid, had virtually no cover in the first half

Lees - 6 - Also solid apart from in the build up to Bradshaw's 1 on 1. Did well to beat his man for his chance but finished like a centre-half

Loovens - 6 - Gifted them a chance with a shoddy clearance but overall play was decent

Pudil - 5 - Not the player he was last season. Looked out of his depth at times

Hutch - 10 - Perfect performance. No cards or injuries either!

Lee - 7 - Put a good shift in as always, covered a lot of ground

Bannan - 5 - Poor by his standards. Gave the ball away a lot and looked negative at times

Joao - 3 - Abysmal

Fletcher - 6 - Connection with Joao is non-existent. The gulf in class/experience is there to see. Looked to bring players in, unselfish at times, knew when to play his way out of trouble and when to pick up fouls when there was nothing on.

Reach - 7 - His proper position. Carried the ball well. Mixed it up by taking them to the by-line sometimes and carrying it inside too. Never looks like scoring though.

Wallace - 7 - Changed the game when he came on. Very positive and gave the formation a proper shape and balance.

Jones - 5 - Didn't really notice him

Nuhiu - ? - Didn't have enough time to have a real impact. The game was over after the sending off

I would love to see us try a front three of Forestieri, Hooper/Fletcher and Reach. However I can understand why CC prefers Reach at LB over Pudil. 

Has to be hutch, was everything in that game. tackles, interceptions, perfect Hollywood balls, the goal.... basically everything!

Westwood 8 - reliable, couple of great saves

Palmer 5 - did OK going forward, but the winger had the better of him most of the game.

Lees 7 - steady as she goes

Loovens 5 - he count seem to use the balk to pass, clear or head it today.

Pudil 5 - Defensively was in trouble with the winger all game.

Hutch 10 -  absolute quality, although thought he'd seen red to make his typical midfield game. haha

Bannan 5 - barring a couple of glimpses I think he was very poor. couldn't seem to do the simplest things today and was often less than jogging defensively.

Lee 6 - standard game where he was busy all the way thru. he would create world but links it together between the lines. 

Reach 8 - thought he had a great game. think part of a front 3 suit him. often roaming for the ball, the dingles struggled with him.

Joao 5 - felt he was poor. couldnt hold the ball up, be strong or pass. seemed to give a foul everytime he was near the ball.

Fletcher 6 - was isolated at times, to many balls aimed at his head with no support. Dave got more change outta the ref.

Westwood 9

Palmer 6

Lees 7

Loovens 7

Pudil 6

Lee 7

Hutchinson 11

Bannan 5

Reach 8

Fletcher 8

Joao 3

Wallace 7

Jones 7

Nuhiu 5

Main Points

Hutch was magnificent  , Westy Solid , Reach looking class , BB tried hard but nothing came off for him , Jao going backwards again . Fletch Quality 

Close call but I went for Westwood, pulled off some top class saves, we could have been one down with the one on one. Thought Reach had his best gane for us. Sam, & K Lee, both had really good games.

really enjoyed it last night. That tacle by Sam was one of the best Iv'e seen.

I went for Westwood as MOTM. He kept us in it & if he hadn't made those saves I doubt we'd have come back to win.

Hutchinson a very close second. As solid as ever & LOVED that celebration.

Im not a fan of Wallace this season but thought he did very well, still needs to help defend more. But him coming on meant we went back to our usual formation & it gave us more control.

Pudil had a steady game. Got forward well but really seems to have lost what little pace he had last season. Not given much cover or help though.

Nuhiu also did well when he came on. Won his headers, passed the ball well & gave their central defenders something to think about. Yes he gave a few silly freekicks away but then most did last night as the Dingles were falling at every chance.

Joao... I wonder if the translation for his name is frustrating? Has all the attributes but doesn't seem to be mentally strong enough.

Bannan... I'm sure he'll get lots of stick on here & im sure he will admit he had a bad game. But in the same sense he was the only one trying to create something different & a couple of times it almost worked.