Parking Tickets

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I always get home in my car faster from Elland Rd than I do Hillsborough. And I live 12 miles to the east of Hillsborough at M1 Jcn 31

Has Loxley moved?

:columbo:

Edited by markowl
Some smart arse beat me to it

17 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Anyone notice the speeding camera van was out on penistone road on Saturday? 

Funny how they were out at a busy time (some would say deliberately) and had gone by time match had finished.

Don't ever understand the logic of that complaint

The busiest times are when there's more chance of people speeding and knocking some kid over and killing them

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The busiest times are when there's more chance of people speeding and knocking some kid over and killing them

plus it's harder to speed at busy times as traffic flow is slower. If anything they will catch less people than doing it at a quieter period.

If it was at the top of Halifax Road (where dual carriage way changes the single) then the van is there quite often. Seen it myself 4 or 5 times so nothing to do with matchday. 

As an FYI they also like to setup in Oughtibridge (down from St Christophers car dealers) and also opposite the ambulance station on Middlewood Road. 

51 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Anyone notice the speeding camera van was out on penistone road on Saturday? 

Funny how they were out at a busy time (some would say deliberately) and had gone by time match had finished.

Wasn't a complaint was a comment.

Same principle applies to the speed cameras vans as parking tickets.  If you're not doing anything wrong you don't have a problem.

10 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

I don't know why the club doesn't arrange out of city parking and provide its own park and ride service, it makes perfect sense given they are after different sources of revenue.

Good shout, maybe it's something that can be discussed by the steering group.

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

I always get home in my car faster from Elland Rd than I do Hillsborough. And I live 12 miles to the east of Hillsborough at M1 Jcn 31

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Come on Grandad!!!

How long has Loxley been 12 miles east of Hillsborough at M1 jct 31. lol

Beat me to it but Grandad makes good points about the disabled supporters.

I'd suggest those affected talk to the club, again maybe it's something the steering group could raise?

What parking do the club have? Megastore, is this unused on match days? South Stand, players, management team and officials? Hillsborough Park, is this for corporate? The training ground, does this get used on match days and if so what for? Then we have the small directors car park and finally I think we use Hillsborough school don't we, if so what for? 

I'm sure that with advance planning we can look at arrangements to accommodate our disabled supporters most in need so that they can continue to attend games. 

Edited by Ash76

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont you mean more chance of generating income through their revenue collecting cameras. 

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Good shout, maybe it's something that can be discussed by the steering group.

Beat me to it but Grandad makes good points about the disabled supporters.

I'd suggest those affected talk to the club, again maybe it's something the steering group could raise?

What parking do the club have? Megastore, is this unused on match days? South Stand, players, management team and officials? Hillsborough Park, is this for corporate? The training ground, does this get used on match days and if so what for? Then we have the small directors car park and finally I think we use Hillsborough school don't we, if so what for? 

I'm sure that with advance planning we can look at arrangements to accommodate our disabled supporters most in need so that they can continue to attend games. 

Our clubs facilities for disabled drivers are at capacity. Behind the North.

Many fans have told Wednesdayite car park staff that they will be unable to attend games when the car park is gone.

A large percentage are ambulant disabled, taxis just won't work for them. Which is why I'm pressing Ian to answer on his point of 'they'll be able to get taxis from somewhere with free parking at £1.50' assurances

I'd love to know where this magic parking place is

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Many fans have told Wednesdayite car park staff that they will be unable to attend games when the car park is gone.

A large percentage are ambulant disabled, taxis just won't work for them. Which is why I'm pressing Ian to answer on his point of 'they'll be able to get taxis from somewhere with free parking at £1.50' assurances

Make part of the Hillsbro park car park on matchdays a disabled parking area. 

Problem solved. 

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Make part of the Hillsbro park car park on matchdays a disabled parking area. 

Problem solved. 

This is what I'm thinking, surely we can move people around utilising other car parks we have to make room for disabled fans.

Ian certainly don't have the answer and nor do Wednesdayite, the issue needs presenting to the club to see what they can come up with.

17 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Come on Grandad!!!

How long has Loxley been 12 miles east of Hillsborough at M1 jct 31. lol

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

OK - lived.

I'm moving back in May.

16 hours ago, Grandad said:

OK - lived.

I'm moving back in May.

OK Grandad. For a moment there I thought you were affluent enough to have a holiday home

in Loxley.:rolleyes:

Guest Deleted member
3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

OK Grandad. For a moment there I thought you were affluent enough to have a holiday home

in Loxley.:rolleyes:

If only... 

18 hours ago, Grandad said:

I'm not an expert on the subject Nigel so please forgive my ignorance but I don't really understand why taxi's wont work for ambulant disabled people?

Also whilst I am fiercely behind the policy of disabled people being able to park as close as possible to any facility they are using I have never agreed that they should automatically pay a reduced rate. If they have financial hardship as a result of their disability then yes, some help should be at hand, but then again it should be for none disabled people who have financial hardship. Disabled doesn't necessarily equal financial hardship just like fit and healthy doesn't necessarily equal well off. So I would use the £5 standard car park charge as my benchmark for the comment of being able to get a taxi from a free parking space.

I have also said that the club should be approached to work on some sort of pick up / set down point for disabled and other taxi users that is suitable.

I think sometimes people look for problems rather than solutions. I count my blessings every day that I am relatively fit and healthy as are most of my family but on several occasions when various lower limb fractures have restricted mobility I can't say that getting to the game has been too restrictive, just needs a bit of thought and planning - both before and whilst the Wednesdayite car park was available. There are solutions out there. One solution wont fit all but I'd be very surprised if a solution isn't available for each and every current disabled car park user.

Disability is not a generic term, everyone has very diverse problems and the solutions to accommodate have to be just as diverse in order to solve the problem. Nigel and Wednesdayite have a comprehensive understanding of the problems faced and it must be a myriad of solutions.

We could make a start with the green footprint ! WAWAW but the number of cars turning up to Hillsborough on matchday with just a driver + 1 is astounding given our limited parking room. Pooled transport is not every ones idea of fun but surely we have a social responsibility to help where and when we can. I from last season on give lifts to a disabled fan and his step father who parks at my home and I give them a lift to the ground and return. 

Claywheels Lane, community bus augmented, may offer other alternatives  and of course the club will weigh in to assist.

The point I am trying to make is not to just sit back waiting for a solution to appear already gift wrapped. Opinions will be solicited during the coming months. When that happens you should engage. 

Guest Deleted member
4 hours ago, Ian said:

I'm not an expert on the subject Nigel so please forgive my ignorance but I don't really understand why taxi's wont work for ambulant disabled people?

It wasnt just that

You said they could park somewhere free and get a taxi for the same price they pay to park 100 yds away from their gate

21 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It wasnt just that

You said they could park somewhere free and get a taxi for the same price they pay to park 100 yds away from their gate

I did and I answered your question .....so why do you think ambulant disabled people can't use a taxi?