Nuhiu vs. Our fans

Didn't notice anything after the game - saw him out his hand to his ear or something similar but he seemed to be laughing and smiling. 

He put in a very good shift today. I don't think we'd have drawn if he wasn't playing, because he allowed us to get further up the pitch and keep the ball in Brentfords half, which we didn't do enough 2nd half. 

45 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

Does it? Booing players on to the pitch that put everything in to their performance? Boo the manager for making the decision, yes. Boo the team for not performing, yes. Boo the player for not being (in their opinion) good enough, disgraceful. 

I cannot remember a set of fans booing an individual player like has happened today. 

I agree its stupid, intact its the first thing i have ever agreed with you on  but if you think it isn't happening at every struggling or underperforming club anywhere in any sport then you must be insane.   Rooney was getting slaughtered on twitter throughout the game tonight and he went on to create the winner, sports fans are fickle as roger 

Edited by kidc77

Always given 100%, has never disrespected the club and clearly loves being part of the team. Yet our fans shout abuse at him regularly, and today apparently he got boo'd on the pitch. 

Whatever your opinion is of his abilities, he does not deserve that. wednesday fans can be the best in the land, but often show their ugly side with silly OTT boo'ing and lack of patience. Give it a flippingrest, we need to strengthen, we're not the finished article, but we're a million miles away from the club we were not very long ago. 

Get behind them 

1 hour ago, Tudders said:

Nuhiu has given nothing but 100 percent for this football club.

Is he exceptionally gifted?no. But he's far better than a lot give him credit for.

All I ask of a player wearing our shirt is 100 percent. That's what Nuhiu has consistently done for us.The passion he's shown when we've scored previously,even as a substitute running half the length of the field to join in with the celebrations,show how committed he is. He's shown far more commitment to the club than FF but because FF is a better player people give him the benefit of the doubt even when he refuses to play. Nuhiu doesn't deserve the abuse he gets.

Yes, yes and yes.  I'm prepared to forgive FF and move on, it happens in modern football, and he's a far better player than Nuhiu, but Atdhe is an effective player and always gives 100%.  I just cannot understand some peoples attitude to him.  

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Not been today but some of the abuse some of our so called fans dished out to our own players at Burton was embarrassing .

I don't expect players to put up with that kind of vitriol

I didn't hear any of this. Surprised you say it.

Edited by stanningtonowl

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Always given 100%,

Not been today so can't comment on the booing other that to say how do people know where booing is directed....for example, if people boo when they say Nuhiu is coming on for say FF, is the booing aimed at Nuhiu, FF or the actual decision

As for this always gives 100%, I don't agree.....how do you measure "giving 100%"...because when Pudil's cross sailed across the 6 yard box against Villa Nuhiu either wasn't concentrating 100% or made no where near 100% effort to get to it.

Running about a bit and leading the celebrations when we win doesn't equal "gives 100%" in my book...genuinely interested to hear how people come to this conclusion

So a player who gives 100% every time he plays and who`s commitment to the cause is there for all to see is Booed , yet a player who spits his dummy out  and refuses to play is cheered when he plays in the next game after having disrespected the club and the fans, 

You couldnt make it up. some of our fans need to get a grip 

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So a player who gives 100% every time he plays and who`s commitment to the cause is there for all to see is Booed , yet a player who spits his dummy out  and refuses to play is cheered when he plays in the next game after having disrespected the club and the fans, 

You couldnt make it up. some of our fans need to get a grip 

I'll ask again....what is it that shows a players "commitment to the cause"....is it daydreaming while a cross whistles across the box in front of him...is it going in head first when feet are flying to win the ball......or is it the good old jogging from let back to right back looking like you are chasing things down while the opposition are laughing about how much time they have.....not forgetting celebrating when we score......what exactly makes you know when a certain player is more committed to the cause than others?

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

I'll ask again....what is it that shows a players "commitment to the cause"....is it daydreaming while a cross whistles across the box in front of him...is it going in head first when feet are flying to win the ball......or is it the good old jogging from let back to right back looking like you are chasing things down while the opposition are laughing about how much time they have.....not forgetting celebrating when we score......what exactly makes you know when a certain player is more committed to the cause than others?

They actually get on the coach and don't refuse to play,

not ride around on a push bike with their bottom lip out.

38 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not been today so can't comment on the booing other that to say how do people know where booing is directed....for example, if people boo when they say Nuhiu is coming on for say FF, is the booing aimed at Nuhiu, FF or the actual decision

As for this always gives 100%, I don't agree.....how do you measure "giving 100%"...because when Pudil's cross sailed across the 6 yard box against Villa Nuhiu either wasn't concentrating 100% or made no where near 100% effort to get to it.

Running about a bit and leading the celebrations when we win doesn't equal "gives 100%" in my book...genuinely interested to hear how people come to this conclusion

and at least fernando knows where the net is, it wouldn't surprise me if Nuhiu doest score all season