Nuhiu vs. Our fans

Just got back so only just reading this. I was on the top tier towards the players tunnel and while Nuhiu was the first player to walk off there definitely wasn't any booing.  He was applauded off and applauded is back.  

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

Just got back so only just reading this. I was on the top tier towards the players tunnel and while Nuhiu was the first player to walk off there definitely wasn't any booing.  He was applauded off and applauded is back.  

If true, and I don't doubt you, then surely the thread is at an end.

6 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

They actually get on the coach and don't refuse to play,

not ride around on a push bike with their bottom lip out.

Ah right.....so let me get this right.....Nuhiu's commitment to the cause is on a par with Bothroyd's who also, unless I am mistaken, got on the coach every game and didn't refuse to play

Glad we've cleared that up

Don't agree with booing, but it is desperate that Nuhiu gets a game still for us. 

Don't buy this he gives defenders something to think about malarkey, any player with ability could give defenders something to think about. Nuhiu is limited, slow and his goal scoring record is nowhere near at the level required. 

Not good enough, love the bloke but come on people, a team looking to go up wouldn't turn to Nuhiu for the last 20 to get us a goal.

5 hours ago, Freshfish said:

...how many did we score in the first half when he wasn't on the pitch? Oh yea... 0. Bet there are some who are really frustrated because they can't complain about him not scoring when no other bugger is...

35 minutes ago, Ian said:

I'll ask again....what is it that shows a players "commitment to the cause"....is it daydreaming while a cross whistles across the box in front of him...is it going in head first when feet are flying to win the ball......or is it the good old jogging from let back to right back looking like you are chasing things down while the opposition are laughing about how much time they have.....not forgetting celebrating when we score......what exactly makes you know when a certain player is more committed to the cause than others?

...hahahahaha...how wrong could I be...but no surprise really.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Not been today so can't comment on the booing other that to say how do people know where booing is directed....for example, if people boo when they say Nuhiu is coming on for say FF, is the booing aimed at Nuhiu, FF or the actual decision

As for this always gives 100%, I don't agree.....how do you measure "giving 100%"...because when Pudil's cross sailed across the 6 yard box against Villa Nuhiu either wasn't concentrating 100% or made no where near 100% effort to get to it.

Running about a bit and leading the celebrations when we win doesn't equal "gives 100%" in my book...genuinely interested to hear how people come to this conclusion

lol

Hi Ian

5 hours ago, Freshfish said:

...how many did we score in the first half when he wasn't on the pitch? Oh yea... 0. Bet there are some who are really frustrated because they can't complain about him not scoring when no other bugger is...

Sorry did no one else score?....have we lost then?...my comments in this thread aren't about his lack of goalscoring its about trying to understand how people come to the conclusion that his "commitment to the cause" is greater than anyone elses

As for your "how many did we score when he wasn't on the pitch comment".....how many did we score with 11 men?.....oh yea....0......perhaps we should just get someone sent off straight from the kick off next match!

Guest Deleted member

The victimization of this player by the idiot minority in our fan base will be a factor in our failure this season.

Nuhiu played up front more than any other forward in our season last year, when we over performed week after week and exceeded all targets we set for ourselves.

We've finished higher and higher with Nuhiu on our team.

Unless we replace him with better we will continue to struggle, while idiots continue to abuse him.

Our support amaze me at times 

(I use the word support ironically)

Edited by Deleted member

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The victimization of this player by the idiot minority in our fan base will be a factor in our failure this season.

Nuhiu played up front more than any other forward in our season last year, when we over performed week after week and exceeded all targets we set for ourselves.

Unless we replace him with better we will continue to struggle, while idiots continue to abuse him.

Not sure how it can amaze you with our fans. I remember probably one of the top three players of my lifetime getting boos from 3/4 of the ground.  A man by the name of Jonathan Sheridan. I was only a kid at the time and I was staggered and was asking people why they were booing him.  If they can boo him then they won't blink before booing players like Nuhiu. Sad really

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Can you clarify what you mean by the term "played up front"

My personal opinion is that he is a player with very limited ability. However he always seems to give 100% and he seems to care about the team and the club. It's not his fault that he is selected to go on the pitch.  To boo him is utterly ludicrous, self-defeating, cruel and embarrassing. Shame on you who give him such a bad time. Just what does booing him actually achieve?

I've never once booed nuhiu. Even when he missed that awful sitter against Brighton in 2015. 

I think he's an awful and frankly terrible player but at times he does have his uses, he occupies the defences minds so while he isn't directly involved he is as he gives the defence something to think about. But I'd never boo him there's no point.

6 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

Anyone who booed Nuhiu wants to take a long walk off a short pier. I'm a fan of his but I understand why others aren't. But booing your own player never works, ESPECIALLY if he's done literally nothing to warrant such moronic behaviour.

That said, if he gave our fans the middle finger he needs disciplining also. He's better than that.

His usual 18yd box qualities then lol

58 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Scored a massive 3 league goals during that season, he's facking dynamite. Fans only boo him to deter Real Madrid / Barca et al from taking jim from us