Nuhiu vs. Our fans

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Scored a massive 3 league goals during that season, he's facking dynamite. Fans only boo him to deter Real Madrid / Barca et al from taking jim from us 

You didn't score any goals last season! Can I come to your place of work and boo you? :stuwinky:

I like to think that Atdhe is appreciated buy the fans that truly understand football, I know this may offend some but if you think that a player like nuhiu or fletcher is in the team to score tons of goals you clearly don't understand  the dynamics of a team.

those who don't like him go against everything several managers and players have gone on record and talked about his importance.

to boo him before he's touched a ball is the most disrespectful thing a fan can do and I'd like to think those mindless idiots were treated as such.

I have come to the conclusion that Nuhiu is indeed a sex pest or had affairs with some of our fans missus', must be the case with the pitchfork and fire wielding mob! 

Decent at holding the ball up and creating space; a platform to get the ball down for more technically able players to do their stuff in the final third onwards. Like him as a player for these qualities. 

9 minutes ago, runningaround said:

I have come to the conclusion that Nuhiu is indeed a sex pest or had affairs with some of our fans missus', must be the case with the pitchfork and fire wielding mob!

The reason nuhiu is so big is because every time he's finished shagging an owlstalkers wife's he has a biscuit!

:baby:

During the Euros I ran into a bunch of Austrians in Marseille who, once they heard of supported Sheffield Wednesday, burst out into a chant for Nuhiu. They loved him, I agreed. Was a happy night. 

The fact is he's a forward who contributes different things then scoring goals. Power, presence. Yes it'd be nice if he put a few more in the net but hey, whenever he's on the pitch he seems to make a difference. I never agree with booing anyone in the blue and white, and to be honest, Id prefer those who do to bugger off. Go to Lane, you can take your shoes off as well. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Ah right.....so let me get this right.....Nuhiu's commitment to the cause is on a par with Bothroyd's who also, unless I am mistaken, got on the coach every game and didn't refuse to play

Glad we've cleared that up

Funny actually, you have WAY more 'negs' than 'pluses' so you obviously always post a load of crap.

It's a good job everyone on here recognises that (apart from JoshtheOwl).

Just thought I'd clear that up too!

57 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

I like to think that Atdhe is appreciated buy the fans that truly understand football, I know this may offend some but if you think that a player like nuhiu or fletcher is in the team to score tons of goals you clearly don't understand  the dynamics of a team.

those who don't like him go against everything several managers and players have gone on record and talked about his importance.

to boo him before he's touched a ball is the most disrespectful thing a fan can do and I'd like to think those mindless idiots were treated as such.

I like to think Atdhe is appreciated by idiots that like players to show a bit of passion, despite his obvious lack of pace and nous in front of goal. They clearly don't understand that gaining possession of the ball and scoring more goals than the opposition leads to winning games.

Those who don't like him go against former managers that stuck by him and as a consequence are now out of work.

1 hour ago, kidc77 said:

Not sure how it can amaze you with our fans. I remember probably one of the top three players of my lifetime getting boos from 3/4 of the ground.  A man by the name of Jonathan Sheridan. I was only a kid at the time and I was staggered and was asking people why they were booing him.  If they can boo him then they won't blink before booing players like Nuhiu. Sad really

They're not quite in the same league, but more recently the likes of Brunt and Whelan were booed while at Wednesday; players who have had much more successful careers than we have as a club for the past two decades. I'm sure there are fans like this at all clubs, but there are an alarming number of Wednesdayites who don't appear to have a clue about the tactical side of the game and how different types of players contribute different qualities to a team.

It's harder to use Tommy Spurr as an example since he hasn't gone on to do anything particularly special with his career like the two mentioned above, but I remember him being brought to tears during one match at Hillsborough due to the booing and subsequent early substitution. All because he was the only player showing the balls to move into open space for a pass, so when he received it there was nowhere to go and he kept losing possession. Of course many in the crowd couldn't see that none of the other players gave a damn so all the booing was aimed at Spurr while the rest of them hid from the ball.

I was there and if there was booing it was must have been from only 1 or 2 cus I never heard a thing.

As usual some attention seeking willy head has blown everything out of proportion and made something out of nothing.

6 pages and 95% of the comments are from people that weren't there. Good work everybody!!

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

The victimization of this player by the idiot minority in our fan base will be a factor in our failure this season.

Nuhiu played up front more than any other forward in our season last year, when we over performed week after week and exceeded all targets we set for ourselves.

We've finished higher and higher with Nuhiu on our team.

Unless we replace him with better we will continue to struggle, while idiots continue to abuse him.

Our support amaze me at times 

(I use the word support ironically)

Can we put this stat against Westwood's name too ?

10 hours ago, kidc77 said:

Not sure how it can amaze you with our fans. I remember probably one of the top three players of my lifetime getting boos from 3/4 of the ground.  A man by the name of Jonathan Sheridan. I was only a kid at the time and I was staggered and was asking people why they were booing him.  If they can boo him then they won't blink before booing players like Nuhiu. Sad really

Yes I remember this and like you I was just a kid and couldn't understand it. More recently, one Lee Bullen got bood and is now a Wednesday legend. We're a strange lot.

Amazing how Nuhiu gets booed and yet Joao missed when it was impossible to do so and a goal was gifted to Brentford by the best goalkeeper in the division messing about when it was not necessary. We didn't score until Nuhiu came on. Don't lay blame where it is not warranted.