Gutted so FF :/ - but fans should be ashamed of comments

1 hour ago, canadianowl said:

I've been on the road 3 days straight and seemed to have missed a lot.

Forestieri didn't dress for the game today?
Is he holding out for a better contract?
Did he hand in a transfer request?

Whats going on?

He's been tapped up by Derby or Newcastle. He had to be talked into playing against Villa by the coach and the club captain. Today he refused to play at Norwich.

I've heard from a reputable source (that I won't divulge) that Fernando was offered double his wages in a new contract drawn up by swfc. He said triple it or I'm off.

He's stabbed us in the back. He refused to play I reckon, as he was reportedly going to do against Villa but was convinced by Loovens not to.

I think it must be a prem club, otherwise why would he kick up a fuss to leave us?

Still, he deserves the 'f- forestieri' chant if he is screwing the club around

Edited by EveryWednesday

51 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The fans are entitled to their opinion. He's disrespected the club, the fans and his team mates and he has absolutely no reason to want to leave. We're a club on the up, investing in all areas and he's our star man. 

I can only think he's got a seriously ill advised agent looking to line his own pockets. Footballing wise there's no better place to be in this division. The team spirit, the quality of the fans, the quality of the team etc we're up there with the biggest and best in the division. We have the best manager in the division and theres no doubt we will be up there again come the end of the season.

By flat out refusing to play hes lost all respect from a huge section of the fan base and, the rest of the players will turn their back on him which will give us no option but to cash in. 

If he comes out quickly, and states that he's sorry and that he's made a significant error of judgement he may well be able to ressurect his career here. To me, that's not likely to happen, I think he'll sulk and feel sorry for himself until we ship him out.

Great post. 

His disrespect for the club, its fans, Carlos and the squad is staggering and completely unreasonable. With regards to our fans comments - FF is a grown man and should have anticipated his actions wouldn't be met with an even remotely warm reception. I agree with what you think will happen - although we should be rinsing whoever (Newcastle) is bidding for him. Add an extra few million to sort it swiftly.

10 hours ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

According to reports the Club did everything possible to keep hIm happy and on board

8 hours ago, MAL said:

Anybody else confused at these posts

1st is LM

2nd is ZO - Nothing to be ashamed of.

3rd is ZO quoting LM and agreeing.

Is it me that is drunk, or wooshed, or thick, or all ofthem.

Obviously all of them or indeed drunk. There is a huge difference between making a comment and abusing someone. Simple really. Hope it's clearer now you have sobered up lol

10 hours ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

So its the fans fault?

What a stupid play on it from the OP.

Guest The Claw
12 hours ago, WezOwl1989 said:

fans make the football club, no fan no club

13 hours ago, Forza SPAL said:

They probably have acted. They've reminded him he has job security for the next three years, on very good terms that he was happy to agree to 12 months ago and that his "job" is most peoples hobby / fantasy.

Far too much greed in football. So much so that fans are now accepting of it.

It's easy to start giving everyone what they ask for when it isn't you handing it over. 

Besides, if the Watford fans are right, and we were all too happy to believe them a couple of weeks ago, then Abdi is a better player anyway. So isn't it right and just that he should earn more?

Football is just a joke.

UTO

before ff arrived we were seriously struggling to get the ball from midfield to attack...

he in fact was the missing link (if you'll pardon the expression)...

watford fans may believe that abdi is a better player, but will he do what ff did for us?

i'd rather have both options available to us tbh...

BUT, even IF the club allows him to leave, IT MUST NOT BE ON HIS, HIS AGENTS, OR THE TAPPING UP CLUBS TERMS...

THEY MUST FIND A NEW HOME OUTSIDE THE CHAMPIONSHIP (and NOT a lee chapman jobby either, terms must be written into his sale with a seriously hefty sell on clause)...

i thought we missed him yesterday, i'd rather him stay, but...

i totally trust DC and CC in the matter...

Edited by dnhc

Sorry but I feel like the point is being missed here by many. He's refused to travel because he wants more money. I would love more money in my job, would I get it from refusing to go? Probably not, I'd more than likely have a p45 instead. Not only this but should it be acceptable that footballers earn the amount of money that they do? Forestieri is still probably earning more in a week than many of us earn in 3 months! In my opinion he has completely gone the wrong way about all this and lost a lot of respect off fans, as well as players, in the process. I absolutely loved and respected forestieri, as did many others, either he needs to show respect and is 100% commited or we need to get rid and get someone who is! 

I do however believe abuse on Twitter is pretty delusional, threats aren't going to help the situation.

Edited by Lauren_18

19 hours ago, prowl said:

There's one guy who doesn't want to be.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the posters on social media but FF has been most fans favourite player and he has thrown that away by his actions. Some fans feel hurt by the turn around.

Personally if he doesn't want to turn up for first team games that is fine. He can play for the juniors until DC decides whether to sell him or make him see out his contract.

If I was DC I would only sell him at the right price and only to a Premiership team. 

That may well happen pretty soon.From what i've heard Swansea,Crystal Palace and Possibly West Brom are potential suitors for FF.

F*ck him.

I'm not one for sentimentality in football - Forestieri essentially owes us nothing, and has no ties to the club. And if he wants to earn more money, no problem.

But refusing to play is disgusting. Sell him for everything we can get, and f*ck the little w*nker off. And give him NO sympathy for any abuse he is getting now, or when he's left us.

He's a c*nt. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Most of us do stupid things when we are after more money.

While I don't agree with what FF's done, the hypocracy on here is sickening.

Ditching Di Canio didn't really help us .

We need to find a better player quickly and sell, or repair the relationship.

The Man Utd fans didn't worry today when Rooney scored, even though he threatened to join City before his last contract extension.

And don't forget, FF is our only top employee not to have a new, improved contract, including CC.