Gutted so FF :/ - but fans should be ashamed of comments

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Those t*ts for fans are just embarrassing. I don't think anyone is happy with what he's done but tweeting abuse (quote) I hope you break your legs, hmm right clever that, I wonder if 2 seater Bentley boy is one of them.

Yes I see. Abuse like that is unacceptable. I was trying to draw a comparison with fans who go to away games. And players that don't.

26 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

Sorry as much as you are right in that he has proved he is worth more there are ways to going around with getting what you think you deserve. The way not to do it is refuse to play and refuse to travel. In the end we don't know and will never know if we would have won with him playing today. What I and many others do know though is he let his manager and team mates down. As fans we can be fickle and give knee jerk reactions but his team mates are going to be feeling worse and may not be happy with him at all. No player is above the team and as valuable as he is we showed today we still have a damn good side, his tantrum back fired and it will be a long road back for him IMO. We will see, from the interviews I heard of CC the ball is in his court and he reiterated again no players will be sold THIS SEASON, ( not just this window) going to be an interesting week.

Most importantly, great result today and a sterling team effort. Fans as always were outstanding.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Anyone abusing FF on twitter or anything else are complete and utter morons 

I don't think many Wednesday fans will be congratulating him for going on strike. Abuse is wrong, I agree. I personally think he's a greedy, backstabbing, immature ars*hole. Is that ok for your finer feelings?

1 minute ago, fife_owl said:

The club will have spent all week discussing contracts with him.  He's another example of a brilliant footballer who is too daft to recognise that his agent is ill-advising him.

Anyone know if a player has ever told his agent to get to flip, tell him they were happy and sack the agent. Just wondering.

So lets just day he gets £25,000 a week. He flat out refused to play and has to be talked into the villa match them refuses to even travel to norwich. This is not the actions of a professional footballer who has basically just got paid for f all. DC travelled to norwich and will not tolerate this. 

Get rid asap

38 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

The comments will do more damage than him skipping one match. 

I bet everyone on here would like to earn more money, and if someone new comes in and is given more £££ then I'd be pee'd too. 

No one knows the exact reason or full story & and these stupid comments I've read need to stop. 

We're All Wednesday Aren't We ?

"Slipping one match". 

He he didn't skip a match. He refused to play for the manager, the team, the fans, the club.

Pathetic and inexcusable. Never ever want to see him play for us again.

57 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal....

He signed for 4 years on a wage I'm sure he was delighted with at the time. We would have still had to honour his contract if he turned out to be a flop, so he has no right not to honour his side of the bargain until we choose to offer him something new.

We are under absolutely no obligation to improve his contract since he's already signed up for such a long period of time at a wage both parties happily agreed.

I'm beginning to think Westwood and Lees were given new contracts to remove (or greatly inflate) any sell-on clauses they might have had. For all the talk of Forestieri's agent lately, he might have been the one to balls up in this scenario by not pushing for a release clause on the original contract so we are in absolutely no rush to give him a new one.