Gutted so FF :/ - but fans should be ashamed of comments

16 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

The club will have spent all week discussing contracts with him.  He's another example of a brilliant footballer who is too daft to recognise that his agent is ill-advising him.

Bang on - unfortunately we see this too often now, agents having too much influence, purely to trouser more and more cash for themselves at the expense of the long term footballing prospects of the players.

1 hour ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to sta

1 hour ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

I'm sure lots of players would like more money.What if they all decided not to play? A line has to be drawn somewhere.

He's welcome to look elsewhere and max out the current media love he's getting I guess. But refusing to play/ travel / being a dik, is just crap.  We've put lots into him and raised his profile to where it is.  Refusing to play is just ridiculous - shows a complete lack of professionalism.  If he's going, then fair play, but to be such a spoilt brat about it is awful form.  Such a shame, I think we all thought we had a new S6 legend, but he's obviously got other ideas.  Hopefully CC has a replacement lined up already.  

How many of us could not turn up to work because we are unhappy with our salary?

I love Fernando as a player but we need to get rid sharpish if we intend to grow as a unit/team.

Unfortunately he has been influenced by money and greed and that is totally unacceptable when he is flashing his Audi R8 on twitter and our loyal fans telling him that he deserves it. Not to mention the fact that he has let down his team mates and manager. 

Get rid. Not a good enough mentality for Wednesday.  

These agents are scumbags and have influenced him without a doubt. He's still a young lad and has a lot to learn in life. I'm pretty sure that he will regret this massively.

No single player will ever be better than SWFC.

Fan have every right to lash out and spit venom but it's water off a duck's back to someone who clearly doesn't care about the fans or the rest of the club - that's glaringly apparent now.  Haggling over a contract is one thing, refusing to wear the shirt is something else entirely.

As pissed off as we are all feeling right now I don't want to see our fans posting hateful bile on his social media though as that reflects badly on all of us. He's just proved he's not worth the effort. So far he is a one season wonder who could earn us 10-12m. This could prove to be a blessing in disguise... the potential signings we could make with this money present an unbelievable opportunity we should grab with both hands.

Edited by TrueOwl

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't think many Wednesday fans will be congratulating him for going on strike. Abuse is wrong, I agree. I personally think he's a greedy, backstabbing, immature ars*hole. Is that ok for your finer feelings?

Are you posting that on his twitter or facebook or whatever 

The fans are entitled to their opinion. He's disrespected the club, the fans and his team mates and he has absolutely no reason to want to leave. We're a club on the up, investing in all areas and he's our star man. 

I can only think he's got a seriously ill advised agent looking to line his own pockets. Footballing wise there's no better place to be in this division. The team spirit, the quality of the fans, the quality of the team etc we're up there with the biggest and best in the division. We have the best manager in the division and theres no doubt we will be up there again come the end of the season.

By flat out refusing to play hes lost all respect from a huge section of the fan base and, the rest of the players will turn their back on him which will give us no option but to cash in. 

If he comes out quickly, and states that he's sorry and that he's made a significant error of judgement he may well be able to ressurect his career here. To me, that's not likely to happen, I think he'll sulk and feel sorry for himself until we ship him out.

Of course he doesn't deserve more money.  He is paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to spend his life living out an adolescent fantasy.

Attempting to hold the club to ransom so he and his parasitical agent can drain yet more funds from the pockets of ordinary working class people are the actions of an avaricious bellend..

Edited by owlinexile

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The fans are entitled to their opinion. He's disrespected the club, the fans and his team mates and he has absolutely no reason to want to leave. We're a club on the up, investing in all areas and he's our star man. 

I can only think he's got a seriously ill advised agent looking to line his own pockets. Footballing wise there's no better place to be in this division. The team spirit, the quality of the fans, the quality of the team etc we're up there with the biggest and best in the division. We have the best manager in the division and theres no doubt we will be up there again come the end of the season.

By flat out refusing to play hes lost all respect from a huge section of the fan base and, the rest of the players will turn their back on him which will give us no option but to cash in. 

If he comes out quickly, and states that he's sorry and that he's made a significant error of judgement he may well be able to ressurect his career here. To me, that's not likely to happen, I think he'll sulk and feel sorry for himself until we ship him out.

Yes, he should never have refused to play, yes hes let the fans, cc, and his team amtes down, but being told by some little jumped up c*nt on owlstalk (who neil banned) that he should die of cancer, and thats not the only one, its pathetic. SO yeah FF un-workable up, be it through bad advice, or himself, but seriously, some of our so called fans make me ashamed, which is weird considering im psychotic

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Brilliant post. Bit brief for the purists.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Anyone abusing FF on twitter or anything else are complete and utter morons 

1 hour ago, Zlin Owl said:

Sorry last point to OP. The fans have NOTHING to be ashamed of for their comments we are entitled to them. The only shame is with the man himself.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Anyone abusing FF on twitter or anything else are complete and utter morons 

Now this i agree with.

Anybody else confused at these posts

1st is LM

2nd is ZO - Nothing to be ashamed of.

3rd is ZO quoting LM and agreeing.

Is it me that is drunk, or wooshed, or thick, or all ofthem.

Sorry as much as you are right in that he has proved he is worth more there are ways to going around with getting what you think you deserve. The way not to do it is refuse to play and refuse to travel. In the end we don't know and will never know if we would have won with him playing today. What I and many others do know though is he let his manager and team mates down. As fans we can be fickle and give knee jerk reactions but his team mates are going to be feeling worse and may not be happy with him at all. No player is above the team and as valuable as he is we showed today we still have a damn good side, his tantrum back fired and it will be a long road back for him IMO. We will see, from the interviews I heard of CC the ball is in his court and he reiterated again no players will be sold THIS SEASON, ( not just this window) going to be an interesting week.

Most importantly, great result today and a sterling team effort. Fans as always were outstanding.

spot on, in the second half we totally outplayed the supposed favourites for going up. invest the 12-15 million on some players who want to play for the owls and watch us go. i want him to go and watch him rue his decision when we storm the league