Gutted so FF :/ - but fans should be ashamed of comments

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

5 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'm gutted and I really hope he apologises and I do think he deserves more money... And he should be offered a new deal.... He IS key to promotion this season, BUT. The abuse on social media he's receiving is apalling and now I think he will have to go, he won't dare walk out at hillsborough after this... He's a brilliant footballer and has/had/could still have a fantastic relationship with the fans ,it's nothing to do with Derby or Newcastle, he was talked into playing against villa and that was days before the rumours about Derby came about, so it's clearly financial so the club should of acted during the week, which the haven't , he has every rite In my eyes, he's the best player we have and of all the players he deserves a Pay increase. im sure he'll regret not playing but he's probably expected a new deal in the week but got nothing so probably felt under valued ... Overall hope he stays but think the fans may have made it impossible to stay :/ will anything be done on a Sunday ?

I find it hard to judge whether he deserves a raise without knowing his current wage.

How much is he being paid?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

How do you know the club didnt act midweek or last week ?

He has had his bluff called

The comments will do more damage than him skipping one match. 

I bet everyone on here would like to earn more money, and if someone new comes in and is given more £££ then I'd be pee'd too. 

No one knows the exact reason or full story & and these stupid comments I've read need to stop. 

We're All Wednesday Aren't We ?

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The abuse is disgusting but then we have some t*ts for fans.

Agree, he won't  be the first to have his head turn or be badly advised.

It doesn't  look good but until I know all the facts I'm not going to crucify him....................................................................................................................................yet.

You don't refuse to play. That's going nuclear. 

My understanding is that we want to offer him a new deal and he said he won't play?

his agent knows full well the reaction that will get and the bridges it will burn. He deserves any stick he gets but it also gives him everything he seems to want.

10 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

There's one guy who doesn't want to be.

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the posters on social media but FF has been most fans favourite player and he has thrown that away by his actions. Some fans feel hurt by the turn around.

Personally if he doesn't want to turn up for first team games that is fine. He can play for the juniors until DC decides whether to sell him or make him see out his contract.

If I was DC I would only sell him at the right price and only to a Premiership team. 

Edited by prowl

14 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

The comments will do more damage than him skipping one match. 

I bet everyone on here would like to earn more money, and if someone new comes in and is given more £££ then I'd be pee'd too. 

No one knows the exact reason or full story & and these stupid comments I've read need to stop. 

He obviously isn't. 

13 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

Yes I do think he should of, but I also think the club should of acted .

They probably have acted. They've reminded him he has job security for the next three years, on very good terms that he was happy to agree to 12 months ago and that his "job" is most peoples hobby / fantasy.

Far too much greed in football. So much so that fans are now accepting of it.

It's easy to start giving everyone what they ask for when it isn't you handing it over. 

Besides, if the Watford fans are right, and we were all too happy to believe them a couple of weeks ago, then Abdi is a better player anyway. So isn't it right and just that he should earn more?

Football is just a joke.

UTO