OFFICIAL - Will Buckley signs on loan

Guest domSWFC

Good player. But one of those who's better in a good team. Did really well at Brighton when he wasn't really the main man. Birmingham expected him to be one of their best players and I think other teams just doubled up on him and marked him out of games when he was the main threat. They can't do that with us, when they've got Foristieri, Abdi, Fletcher and Hooper to keep tabs on. 

Could be a great bit of business on loan. 

1 in 5 goal scorer for Brighton , played in Premium league , right age and comes in a part of the squad , upgrade on Sougou also.

Really can't see the negatives for a loan player he gets a chance and if he takes it then we will probably push for a permanent transfer. 

Fits in with our recent transfer policy of PL players who can't break into their first team. Will obviously be familiar with Fletcher while at Sunderland. 

At 26 he's still at a good age. Would give us something we don't have - a proven championship level, direct winger.

Would be a little disappointed if this means we won't be going for Reach though.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair point

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I remember similar levels of enthusiasm for a bloke called Barry. 

I've just trawled through to see if anyone else was thinking the same.