OFFICIAL - Will Buckley signs on loan

47 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

You may or may not care for my opinion on this.  Buckley had 3 seasons with us down at the south coast: 2 were very good, the third was poor.  He was prone to injury in his first 2 seasons, but still managed to be a very useful squad member and would usually be a first name on the team sheet type player if fit.  Something happened to him early around September '13 and even when he was fit, he never looked the same and seemed to have lost his pace for the rest of that season.  The general consensus was that the 2.5 million we got when he was sold at the beginning of the 15/16 season was a good deal for us.

Take into account that the YouTube link on this thread are highlights from 4 seasons ago, so it remains to be seen if that's the player you're going to get.  He was a popular player for us, so if Brighton fans (myself included) thought that he could re-find anything like that form, they'd have been wanting him back since last season when he first went on loan to Leeds and then Birmingham. 

He sounds like he's in a similar boat to Aidan McGeady with question marks over whether he can get back to previous form.   I don't think a lack of games will have helped him and short term loans can be hard, so this could be make or break for him.

Interesting interview with Carlos in the star about Buckley.

Seems we know exactly what we have signed.  I reckon we will be patient and give him his confidence and fitness back . Great that we have him for the season

Hopefully he will a great signing

8 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Don't know much about him.

Will watch his highlights video, obviously it's just his best moments so I'll try not to get carried away.

OMG WELCOME HOME CHRIS WADDLE!!!

He seems the type of player that provokes excited cries of "guwon" ("go on!" Translated into the. Queen's English) from the Wednesday fans as he beats each man. I really hope he can rekindle his form from his Brighton days. 

Guest domSWFC
15 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Surely sougou is done for (despite having the number 8 shirt)

That's how many minutes he'll play this season. Just like Foristieris number is the amount of goals he'll score. 

18 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Good signing - potential is there and if CC can get him firing again he could do some real damage at this level.

Just a CH now before the day is out and I will be happy.

Agree with this. 

CC seems to be able to get a tune out of talented players who have been struggling and haven't been able to hold down a first team spot for a while. Buckley has been playing in struggling teams since he left Brighton, but with good players around him he should be inspired to find his form again.

And if he gets back to his Brighton form then this is a great bit of business.

In CC we trust.

Really happy with this signing. Will need time to get to his full ability as he has played so few games recently, but if he could get back to what he did at Brighton that would be ace. Will be desperate to impress with his contract running out at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

This fellas got MASSES  of work to do to get back to where he was,hes been virtually sterile for 3 seasons or more,another stab in the dark ala Mcgeady.

If we bought United's best player, he wouldn't get a game for our development squad, so not moaning about how far we've gone in just one season, under Carlos.

Could be worse, we could be clueless, talentless, and stuck in the pub league for years.

And years

And years.

WAWAW?

Edited by theowlsman