OFFICIAL - Will Buckley signs on loan

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Sounds like Reach is unavailable. 

Some would say...

Out of reach...

Indifferent "meh" about Buckley, he's OK but I doubt he'd be a step up from most of our wide players or even an in-form Matias. Don't envisage him being more than a player we bring on in a game for the last 20 minutes, but he does have one thing we currently don't have much of... and that's pace. At the very least he'll add another dynamic, but I wouldn't class him as an upgrade over any of our wingers (Except Sougou of course, but he doesn't count...)

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Some would say...

Out of reach...

Indifferent "meh" about Buckley, he's OK but I doubt he'd be a step up from most of our wide players or even an in-form Matias. Don't envisage him being more than a player we bring on in a game for the last 20 minutes, but he does have one thing we currently don't have much of... and that's pace. At the very least he'll add another dynamic, but I wouldn't class him as an upgrade over any of our wingers (Except Sougou of course, but he doesn't count...)

Hes got more of a track record at this level than Matias though. Our only other real winger is Wallace.

Hes done little at Sunderland but he was one of the best wingers in the league before he went there.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Hmm its a shame, I just feel like this is a player that could have done a job for us 2 years ago but not now. Happy to be proved wrong though.

2yrs ago we wouldn't have gotten near him as a £2.5m player. If he joins, he'd probably need to be afforded a little time. He's had a dodgy couple of years. Doubt he'd click straight away. Contrasts what we've already got though. Talent is there. Up to him to grasp the opportunity.

Looked a good player when he was younger; pace, ability to beat a man and a goal threat. Added to which he has been with a PL club for a few seasons which will have helped him technically. 

Still a good age and the last player we got from Sunderland reserves wasnt too bad!

Happy with this if it happens.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Looked a good player when he was younger; pace, ability to beat a man and a goal threat. Added to which he has been with a PL club for a few seasons which will have helped him technically. 

Still a good age and the last player we got from Sunderland reserves wasnt too bad!

Happy with this if it happens.

Who? 

It's one of those that we are forced to try. Adam Reach isn't wanted by the parachute clubs because he isn't quite as polished as a knockaert, Pritchard or Ritchie but we have to look at the players who could make that step or have previously done it but have been forgotten a little. Could be a shrewd signing and if it doesn't work then we have only loaned him. I think he'd be better than McGeady