Abdi from Watford?

2 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Having to wash your own car again after all the Eastern Europeans fail to get work permits.

lol

see this is the thing. If people are working i dont see why they shouldnt be able to stay here. Be that car washers or surgeons 

36 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Switzerland is not in the EU either.

Whilst Switzerland is not part of the EU, it is part of the European Economic Area (EEA).

To be a part of the EEA, one of the stipulations is that they must sign up to freedom of movement/labour. So in essence, any EU citizen can work in Switzerland, and any Swiss citizen can work in the EU.

This is why the whole immigration debate re Brexit is a farce if the UK wishes to maintain a free trade relationship with EU.

4 minutes ago, devonshire_owl said:

Whilst Switzerland is not part of the EU, it is part of the European Economic Area (EEA).

To be a part of the EEA, one of the stipulations is that they must sign up to freedom of movement/labour. So in essence, any EU citizen can work in Switzerland, and any Swiss citizen can work in the EU.

This is why the whole immigration debate re Brexit is a farce if the UK wishes to maintain a free trade relationship with EU.

and without possibly getting the rebates that cities such as Sheffield rely on

1 minute ago, modboy said:

see this is the thing. If people are working i dont see why they shouldnt be able to stay here. Be that car washers or surgeons 

Not going to start an overly serious conversation but your right. 

If there were no jobs available people wouldn't come here and if people are working and contributing they should be  allowed to stay. 

The biggest problem is Wealth inequality and leaving the EU won't solve that issue. (See ticket price thread so we can watch multi millionaires kick a ball around for 90 mins)

Wasnt the deal to sign Austin something to do with him leaving the country and then couldn't get back in? Correct me if I'm wrong but it rings a bell

Also are we not still in the EU for 2 more years until we actually leave

2 minutes ago, Owlsmac said:

Wasnt the deal to sign Austin something to do with him leaving the country and then couldn't get back in? Correct me if I'm wrong but it rings a bell

Also are we not still in the EU for 2 more years until we actually leave

and we haven't triggered article 50 yet either